You can use the following docker images based on Debian Jessie
Firebird high-level native client for Node.js / TypeScript updated to v0.0.1-beta.1 with a few changes
Firebird high-level native client for Node.js / TypeScript updated to v0.0.1-beta.1 with a few changes:
-Add fetchSize option to FetchOptions and group options in a single parameter in Attachment::execute* methods #4
-Performance improvement in fetch
-Add properties to TransactionOptions – #5.
-Finish #1 – Support for BLOB datatype: Adding support for read/write BLOB with the Blob and BlobStream classes.
XPO (an object-relational mapping library – ORM) supports more than a dozen database engines (including SQL Server, Oracle and various Open Source products) and recently got updated to support Firebird 3 too.
In addition to SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL and SQLite, XPO for .NET Core / .NET Standard 2.0 supports ADO.NET provider 5.11+ for Firebird starting with v17.2.5. As we noted in our introductory post, the lack of support for other providers is not an XPO limitation – as soon as RDBMS vendors begin supporting .NET Standard 2.0, we will test XPO with these RDBMS providers and add them to our supported list.
Support for Firebird 3.0 server and the client ADO.NET data provider (FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient 5.8.0) will be available in v18.1. We will also support the Substring criteria function that was missing before.
We have two news for you:
1. IBProvider v3.49 was released. We ensured a stricter compliance with the OLE DB specification and revised the existing code.
2. Microsoft changed its decision to go back to ODBC and promises to release an updated OLE DB provider for MS SQL. Let’s hope that they not only will rewrite the provider but also update the OLE DB specification.
Upscene Productions is proud to announce the availability of the next release of the popular multi-DBMS development tool:
” Database Workbench 5.4.2″
This release support for MariaDB 10.1 and 10.2, MySQL 5.7 and Azure and the latest version of PostgreSQL. Previous releases included a custom report writer, a renewed stored routine debugger with full support for Firebird 3 Stored Functions and Packages and several other features.
The change log for version 5.4.2 and 5.4.0 is available.
New features in version 5 include:
- Support for PostgreSQL
- Support for the latest versions of database engines including Firebird 3, SQL Anywhere 17, SQL Azure and MariaDB support
- Custom report writer
- New and improved user interface
- Code editor features like block staples, code folding, object linking and dynamic highlighting
- “Diagram Navigator” for easier diagramming navigation
- MySQL/MariaDB tunneling support
- New tools, including a Data Compare tool
- Basic and Pro Edition to suit your needs
- and much more…
For more information, see What’s new in Database Workbench 5?
Database Workbench supports MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL Azure, SQL Anywhere, NexusDB and InterBase, comes in multiple editions and is licensed based on selectable modules.
It includes tools for database design, database maintenance, testing, data transfer, data import & export, database migration, database compare and numerous other tools.
About Database Workbench
Database Workbench is a database developer tool, over 12 years in the making and
is being used by thousands of developers across the globe who have come to rely on it
every day. From database design, implementation, to testing and debugging, it will aid you
in your daily database work.
About Upscene Productions
Based in The Netherlands, Europe, this small but dedicated company has been providing
database developers with useful tools for over 14 years. Slowly expanding the product portfolio
and gaining recognition amongst InterBase and Firebird database developers, they now offer
tools for a whole range of database systems, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
Happy to announce a new release and general availability of Bipost Sync, a tool designed for synchronizing Firebird SQL (Windows) to AWS cloud.
Built for developers in mind.
Bipost Sync is ideal to extend your on-premises Firebird DB’s to the cloud, and build web applications, web services and API’s on top of AWS cloud platform.
It is also a great way to consolidate information from separate databases and locations, e.g. manufacturing companies may want to read sales and inventory information from 2nd or 3rd tier small retailers.
(*) Synchronize specific data sets from Firebird SQL on Windows to AWS Aurora-MySQL.
(*) Two-way synchronization available, from AWS Aurora-MySQL back to your Firebird SQL.
(*) No need to create/alter schemas, this is done by our sync tool.
(*) Prepare your data before you load with stored procedures you define.
(*) Transform your data after load is done, also with stored procedures you define.
Firebird Members Offer available:
MWA Software is pleased to announce that release 2.2.0 of IBX for Lazarus is now available for download from mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx. This is an important update to IBX and all users are recommended to upgrade to the new release. Please read the changelog before upgrade.
The main intent behind the release is to add support for the remaining Firebird 3 features (and some from earlier Firebird releases) that were not supported in release 2.1. This includes:
- Support for SQL Statements INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE…RETURNING. The first two cases are now able to update the current row for all TIBCustomDataset descendents including TIBTable, using data returned following a row insert or update.
- INSERT…RETURNING is used to provide support for Firebird “Identity” columns. For example, when used to provide auto-increment primary keys.
- Firebird “Packages” are now supported by TIBStoredProc and by the SQL Component Editors.
- Additional Firebird 3 properties are now supported by TIBDatabaseInfo and by the Services API components (e.g. TIBConfigService).
- Alternative Security Databases are now supported by the Services API Components.
- TIBExtract now supports DDL Grants and triggers on database objects.
- A new IBServices component to support online validation of a database (TIBOnlineValidationService).
- A major new example application (DBAdmin) is now included. This illustrates the use of IBX for Day-to-Day Database Administration tasks including User Management, Backup/Restore and Database Validation and Repair. It is also intended to provided a useable application that users may use directly or incorporate into their own toolsets. It also demonstrates User Management using Firebird 3 virtual tables and SQL statements. Note: this application also requires the standard Lazarus package MemDSLaz.
This release also incorporates recent bug fixes and includes a 33 page guide to the use of IBX for Firebird DBA activities.
IBX for Lazarus may be downloaded from: www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx
or by subversion from:
PyFirebirdSql 1.1.0 is released with following changes:
– Firebird4 DecFloat support
– Modify statement allocate, drop treatment
– Add factory parameter in cursor() method.
– Add client process pid and name to op_attach (See the related golang driver change https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdsql/pull/60)
I’m proud to announce a new update to my Migration Guide to Firebird 3 eBook! The changes in revision 1.20 are mostly concentrated in the chapters about Connecting to Firebird 3 using an old client library, Testing application’s queries, Jaybird, .NET Provider and the two new sections about permissions for creating databases and for generators and exceptions.
In the next days, all those who already bought the eBook will receive an email with instructions about how to download the new revision.
The printed version
will also get updated asap is already updated to 1.20. Those who already bought the printed book (rev 1.02) can email me to receive a PDF with the changes.
Click here for more information and to buy the eBook.
IBSurgeon is offering 10% discount on the HQBird Standard to all buyers of the eBook. More information here.
dbMigration .NET 7.5 is a simple, easy and intuitive multiple database migration and data synchronization tool, With it you can easily migrate schema and data to Firebird and vice versa. (Full support for Firebird 1.5~4.0+)
- Updated to FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.dll 188.8.131.52
- Startup, Data migration and Data synchronization performance improvements
- Added Connection List
- Added Global table and column case
- Updated NUMERIC and DECIMAL precision up to 34 digits (FB4)
- Improved connecting to a remote Firebird without a local installation of Firebird (FB)
- Improved Automatically generate foreign keys
- Improved Automatic Mapping Types
- Improved Automatic Mapping Domain Types
- Improved Custom Mapping Types
- Improved Data Synchronization
- Improved Command-Line
- …and more