MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.2 of IBX for Lazarus. This version adds support for the Firebird 4 IBatch interface. It also fixes some minor bugs. Version 2.4.2 supports all Firebird releases from 2.5 onwards.
The Firebird 4 Batch Execution interface applies to Update and Insert queries only (i.e. not update/insert returning) and can be used to batch up many separate queries to be executed as a single operation. This can be used to minimise the client/server interfaces and to optimise server update/insert times.
Support is provided by the Firebird Pascal API and exposed via TIBSQL.
It is available for download from
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.0 of IBX for Lazarus. This version supports the new Firebird 4 data types and has been tested with the latest version of lazarus (2.0.12) and FPC (3.2.0). All users are recommended to upgrade to this version. It is available for download from
The new Firebird data types supported are: TIME WITH TIME ZONE, TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE, INT128, DECFLOAT and extended precision NUMERIC fields. Due to recent changes to the Firebird 4 API, no version of Firebird 4 less than Firebird 4 rc1 is supported.
See the updated user guide for more information on how to use these new data types.
A major addition to IBX 2.4.0 for lazarus is the inclusion of a comprehensive testsuite. This is not included in the distribution archives, but can be downloaded from our svn repository (https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/svn-repository).
The testsuite is intended to provide a set of tests with a pass/fail result determined by a simple inspection of the “diff” file. It uses the same approach as the existing testsuite for the Firebird Pascal API, also bundled in with IBX for Lazarus.
The testsuite comprises 28 separate tests, testing 230 identified features present in the IBX non-visual components. It is intended to provide comprehensive test coverage of all test features in order to demonstrate a high degree of confidence that the software performs as expected and when run on different platforms (32 bit and 64 bit, Linux and Windows) and with different versions of the Firebird database (2.5, 3 and 4). It also supports regression testing. See doc/TestCoverage.pdf for a list of tests and test features and which test covers which test features. The file ibx/testsuite/readme.txt contains information on how to run the test suite.
Version 2.4.0 has been tested using the testsuite for Firebird 2.5.9, Firebird 3.0.5 and Firebird 4 rc1 in various combinations of 32-bit and 64-bit Linux and Windows platforms, and with recent versions of FPC.
Don’t miss this year’s International Lazarus Conference, 29th and 30th November 2019 in Eindhoven, NL. Further information and registration: https://www.lazpro.net
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 2.0.0.
- This release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
- The previous release Lazarus 1.8.4 was built with FPC 3.0.4 as well.
MWA Software is pleased to announce that release 2.3.2 of IBX for Lazarus is now available for download from https://mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx. Older versions of IBX will fail to compile with Lazarus 2.0 and upgrade to this version is necessary for use with Lazarus 2.0. All users are recommended to upgrade to the new release. Please read the changelog before upgrading. The release also includes a new SQL Tokeniser and the ability to select the Firebird Library (DLL or shared object) as a property of TIBDatabase or TIBXServicesConnection. Several minor bug fixes are also included.
MWA Software is pleased to announce that release 2.2.0 of IBX for Lazarus is now available for download from mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx. This is an important update to IBX and all users are recommended to upgrade to the new release. Please read the changelog before upgrade.
The main intent behind the release is to add support for the remaining Firebird 3 features (and some from earlier Firebird releases) that were not supported in release 2.1. This includes:
- Support for SQL Statements INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE…RETURNING. The first two cases are now able to update the current row for all TIBCustomDataset descendents including TIBTable, using data returned following a row insert or update.
- INSERT…RETURNING is used to provide support for Firebird “Identity” columns. For example, when used to provide auto-increment primary keys.
- Firebird “Packages” are now supported by TIBStoredProc and by the SQL Component Editors.
- Additional Firebird 3 properties are now supported by TIBDatabaseInfo and by the Services API components (e.g. TIBConfigService).
- Alternative Security Databases are now supported by the Services API Components.
- TIBExtract now supports DDL Grants and triggers on database objects.
- A new IBServices component to support online validation of a database (TIBOnlineValidationService).
- A major new example application (DBAdmin) is now included. This illustrates the use of IBX for Day-to-Day Database Administration tasks including User Management, Backup/Restore and Database Validation and Repair. It is also intended to provided a useable application that users may use directly or incorporate into their own toolsets. It also demonstrates User Management using Firebird 3 virtual tables and SQL statements. Note: this application also requires the standard Lazarus package MemDSLaz.
This release also incorporates recent bug fixes and includes a 33 page guide to the use of IBX for Firebird DBA activities.
IBX for Lazarus may be downloaded from: www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx
or by subversion from:
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.8.2. This is a bugfix release.
The release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
Here is the list of changes for Lazarus and Free Pascal:
Here is the list of fixes for Lazarus 1.8.x:
The release is available for download on SourceForge:
Choose your CPU, OS, distro and then the “Lazarus 1.8.2” directory.
Checksums for the SourceForge files:
For people who are blocked by SF, the Lazarus releases from SourceForge are mirrored at:
and later at (after some time for synchronization)
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.8.
The release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
Tony announced new version, IBX for Lazarus 1.1 is now available from
See announcement in the 3rd party Lazarus forum for the change log.
Performance increased with 30-50% in some cases.
Many thanks to Gabor for pointing out the performance issues and for testing updates. This kicked me into cleaning up this part of the code and rationalising the way that IBX handles column names with spaces and special characters in them.
LazSqlX New Version Released (220.127.116.119) that added Firebird support and with other Bugfixes
Already is requested to update the version in Softpedia, it will take a while there, but here it is in SourceForge area
Download from SourceForge