FDB release 1.4 is out:
Here is the changelog and the list of bugs fixed
* fdb.schema submodule extended with support for user privileges.
* fdb.services.User.load_information() method to load information about user from server.
* fdb.ibase content cleanup and additions.
* fdb.blr submodule with BLR definitions.
* PYFB-37 – Unicode Strings incorrect not allowed for insertion into BLOB SubType 1.
Maximiliano Robaina wrote about Python3 fixes for the Firebird Django driver :
I just pushed up a new commit into django-firebird github repository  with several python 3 fixes.
If anybody can test it with python 3 and report any issue, it will be appreciated.
Take into account that this improvements are available into github repository, not on PyPI yet. Pull requests are welcome 😉
Official Firebird driver FDB release 0.7.2 is out with Support for Python 3 and Distributed Transactions
FDB release 0.7.2 is out:
Highlights for this release:
– Python 3 Support (thanks to Philippe Makowski)
– Support for Distributed Transactions
– Support for NBACKUP Service
– Support for Trace Service
And as always, some bugs fixed.
Main target for next version: support for Firebird Events.
Note: I’m really glad that Philippe joined the FDB team, especially to look after Python 3 support (but not only that). Thanks!
You can also read the announcement on firebird-python list
He implemented firebird services api for Python 3 driver, this driver version doesn’t work yet for Python 2, and it is only the first step.
Certainly some improvements would be welcome.You can see diff here
The hope is that he will start working on fbcore soon