In the current update, IBProvider v5.9 and LCPI OLE DB Services v1.12 started to use a common thread pool. This rearrangement of subsystems makes the operating system resource management more efficient and improves the overall performance of high-load applications.
Currently, the threads are being used for the following tasks:
- Connection pool
- Query pool
- Asynchronous loading of result sets
- Asynchronous notifications of the provider
- Working with files
- Garbage collection in updatable result sets
Read full news text: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_191210-shared_thread_pool.html
Kind Regards, IBProvider Team.
As you know firebirdsql.org site, is using the current design for almost 10 years.
To adapt the website for mobile devices, we’re starting a crowdfunding campaign: https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/website-adapt-funding-2019/
to add support for mobile phones/tablets, help to make the website faster and more responsive and increase visibility in search engines.
Please support the crowdfunding!
IB DataPump is an old and very known utility from CleverComponents used to pump data from several source databases to IB/FB databases. Unfortunately, it isn’t updatet from a long time and has a problem with Firebird 3 servers. A few months ago, it became Open Source, so it was possible to fix this problem.
Norbert Saint Georges was kind enough to compile a new version with the fix and provide a download link at tetrasys.fi/data/ibpump.7z
The 1st minor update of HQbird 2020 introduces several useful features and important bug fixes:
- New updated HQbird user guide – in PDF and HTML
- HQbird FBDataGuard shows the time on the server in the upper left corner
- HQbird FBDataGuard during the installation automatically generates a name for the HQbird instance using hostname and date, and also set random background color (you can change name and color in the Alerts setup dialog – just click on the server name)
- Updated OpenJDK distribution with HQbird for Windows to support changes in world time zones (Brazil DST, etc)
- Fixed problem with Office365 emails in alerts settings
- Fixed “Foreign key error” problem for several specific situations
- Parameter TempSpaceLogThreshold to track big sortings now has the alias TempCacheLog
- ALTER CONNECTION POOL statements are not replicated anymore
Download HQbird 2020 now.
Firebird Conference: Python with Firebird: FDB Driver 101.
Jaybird 3.0.8 has been released. This release contains one bug fix:
- Fixed: On Firebird 3 and 4 with WireCrypt=Enabled, the connection could hang or throw exceptions like “Unsupported or unexpected operation code”. (JDBC-599)
Jaybird 3.0 supports Firebird 2.0 and higher, on Java 7, 8, 11 and 13. Basic Java 9 and higher compatibility is provided through the Java 8 version of the driver.
Upscene Productions is proud to announce the availability of the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool.