DBeaver – a really useful, general purpose, and free SQL editor with Firebird support
We glad to inform you about news of IBProvider [Native OLE DB Provider for InterBase and Firebird] development cycle.
- A support of Firebird 3.0.4 improved
- A code optimization performed
Link to latest press-release: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180905.html
IBProvider and «Registration Free COM»
We wrote a new document about usage IBProvider without registration in Windows registry: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/documentation/ibprovider-and-registration_free_com.html.
Recommended for reading to everyone who distributes IBProvider as part of own applications.
With Best Regards,
More info at this link.
Bipost Sync is an ETL-like Windows program to continually send data from Firebird SQL to AWS Aurora-MySQL and back forward.
We just released Bipost Synchronization version 1.1.0.
- Run unlimited time stored procedures after data is uploaded to Aurora (previously limited to 5 minutes).
- Improved security for two-way synchronization.
- Improved support for special characters, e.g. now able to sync XML documents inside BLOB fields.
- First time customers: Automated creation of AWS services via CloudFormation template.
More info at this link.
The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.1, a major release which shows the power of a large and diverse community of contributors with a significant number of new and improved features:
- Colibre, a new icon theme for Windows based on Microsoft’s icon design guidelines, which makes the office suite visually appealing for users coming from the Microsoft environment;
- A reworked image handling feature, which is significantly faster and smoother thanks to a new graphic manager and an improved image lifecycle, with some advantages also when loading documents in Microsoft proprietary formats;
- The reorganization of Draw menus with the addition of a new Page menu, for better UX consistency across the different modules;
- A major improvement for Base, only available in experimental mode: the old HSQLDB database engine has been deprecated, though still available, and the new Firebird database engine is now the default option (users are encouraged to migrate files using the migration assistant from HSQLDB to Firebird, or by exporting them to an external HSQLDB server);
- Significant improvements in all modules of LibreOffice Online, with changes to the user interface to make it more appealing and consistent with the desktop version,
- An improved EPUB export filter, in terms of link, table, image, font embedding and footnote support, with more options for customizing metadata;
- Online Help pages have been enriched with text and example files to guide the users through features, and are now easier to localize.
[This is mostly for Brazilians]
The online subscriptions for the Brazilian’s 15th Firebird Developers Day conference will end on Friday, August 10. The attendees of the conference will be able to buy several tools and components with exclusive discounts from our sponsors and supporters: IBSurgeon, FastReports, uniGUI, TeeChart, IBObjects, IBExpert, Woll2Woll, ACBr and Gnostice.
Visit the conference site to check all the information and register for the conference.