The interview I did with Ann Harrison, the mother of Firebird, is about to reach 2.000 views on Youtube! If you didn’t see it yet, watch it now, hit the “like” button and subscribe to the channel! Ann is married to Jim Starkey, the creator of InterBase. She have shared a lot of her memories from the time IB got open sourced and Firebird was born! A must see! The audio is in English with Portuguese subtitles.
Recently we published the source code of IBProvider built-in client for work with Firebird without fbclient.dll.
It supports Firebird from v0.9.4 till v3.0.
It’s a stable and completely tested thing which has worked since 2017.
If you are interested in such things – you are welcome.
Source code of the test system is available, too.
Regards, IBProvider team.
Firebird 3.0.9 and 4.0.1 is now officially available via QNAP’s app store (only for Intel 64Bit systems).
Firebird 3.0.10 can be downloaded via the follow link
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.10 — the latest point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers many bug fixes and also adds a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes.The Firebird Project
Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms are immediately available for download, packages for Mac OS will follow shortly.
- Support for Firebird/RedDatabase 4 type
- Tablespaces support
- Explained plan support for Firebird/RedDatabase 3.0 and higher
- Table related triggers tab and navigation
- Editing objects in the database browser
- Execution of procedures and functions when viewing and editing them
- Ability to place the editor vertically or horizontally
- Search by text in any SQL-field
- Calculating trigger type using bitwise operations
- Reloading of system objects after creating a table via GUI
- Continue data generation when data mismatch error occurs
- Generating SQL for a procedure without parameters
- Reloading the object tree during CREATE OR ALTER and RECREATE operations
- Autocomplete freeze
- Commenting/uncommenting using “CTRL + /”
- Generate name for new connection
- Display in the center of the primary monitor when there are two monitors in Linux systems
- Show connection page without scrollbar
- Generate INSERT queries for DEFAULT fields
Download and install the new version
LibreOffice 7.3.3 is now available, with over 80 bugfixes (a few Firebird related) and compatibility improvements.
Get it here .
A new version is available V220.127.116.11
Visit our Homepage and download the Trialversion:
PyFirebirdSql 1.2.2 is released with following changes: code refactoring , typo fixes and update to error messages .
Jaybird 4.0.6 has been released
The following has been changed or fixed since Jaybird 4.0.5:
- Improvement: Connection.isValid(int) now uses the timeout as a network timeout, if possible (jaybird#685)
This is only supported for pure Java connections. For native connections, the timeout is ignored (and a SQLWarning is registered).
- NativeResourceUnloadWebListener would fail in Servlet containers with a NoClassDefFoundError if JNA wasn’t on the classpath (jaybird#686)
- Fixed: Calling isBeforeFirst(), isAfterLast(), isFirst(), or isLast() on a closed result set resulted in a NullPointerException instead of a SQLException (jaybird#689)
Jaybird 4 supports Firebird 2.5 and higher, on Java 7, 8, 11 and 17 (support for Java 17 using the Java 11 version of the driver).