For fans only:
For the first time, we managed to perform all IBProvider system tests applicable to Firebird v3 in one run. This took 26 days and a ten-core processor.
Full note text: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_181010.html
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.4 — the 4th point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers many bug fixes and also adds a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms are immediately available for download, Mac OS kits will follow shortly.
Please note that some of the changes includes a new ODS minor version (12.2) for some platforms (Windows and Intel Linux will keeps using 12.0) and a new parameter Srp256 (SHA-256) for AuthClient and AuthServer. Be sure to read the release notes to be aware of all the improvements and bugfixes.
Still using an old Firebird version? Migrate now and don’t forget to read my Migration Guide to Firebird 3 to save you a few hours of headache.
FYI I’ve just release firebird_fdw 0.4.0 for PostgreSQL.
This update, together with an update of the underlying Firebird API wrapper libfq to version 0.3.0, is a general cleanup/bugfix release, with improvements including:
– new function firebird_fdw_version()
– bug in INSERT … RETURNING … fixed
– miscellaneous minor bug fixes and code cleanup
– TAP regression tests have been added
CentOS rpm packages are available via the Fedora Copr build system.
We have released an update of IBProvider, which has the solution for error with code 8152 of MS SQL Linked Server.
Short annotation of this problem – MS SQL has the problem with processing of object descriptions in metadata schemas.
New provider allows you do not publish object descriptions in schemas.
You may turn off publication of object descriptions to speed up the process of loading metadata schemas as a whole.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.5.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.5 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBManagerdoes not accept page size of 32768 (Firebird 4 and higher) (JDBC-468)
- Fixed: Jaybird cannot parse Firebird version numbers with revisions (JDBC-534)
- Fixed: Incorrect parsing of Firebird version numbers (JDBC-535)
- New feature: Added support for the Srp256 authentication plugin (JDBC-536)
- Fixed: Incorrect warning “Specified statement was not created by this connection” logged for statements that fail with an exception on prepare (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Remote close of event channel (eg on Firebird server stop or crash) leads to high CPU usage and excessive error logging as socket channel is not removed from selector (JDBC-542)
- Fixed: Properties
dbCryptConfignot available on
- Documentation: wire protocol encryption requires unlimited strength Cryptographic Jurisdiction Policy (or equivalent), this was previously not documented (JDBC-545)
DBeaver – a really useful, general purpose, and free SQL editor with Firebird support