New version of RedExpert 2020.10 has been released.
- A value of a variable is not lost when editing a procedure.
- Object names are quoted only when necessary.
- Removed redundancy in variable declarations.
- Generation of a random date (There was an error that the minimum is greater than the maximum).
- Comments to variables are not lost when editing a procedure.
- Roles which were not created by a user have been moved under the system roles branch.
- Few first characters in the cell are displayed instead of ‘CLOB DATA’.
- Removed the unreasonable occurrence of the error about the loss of connection with the server.
- Fixed generation of table DDL statement.
- Fixed generation of procedure DDL statement.
- Fixed generation of trigger DDL statement.
- Fixed display of table constraints.
- Fixed display of release notes in the application.
- Added the ability to use autoddl when executing a script.
- Added the ability to manage update rule and delete rule for foreign keys.
- Added the ability to use autocomplete without hotkeys.
- Added the ability to delete user settings when uninstalling the application.
- Added the ability to work with collates of character sets in datatypes.
Download and install the new version.
firebird_fdw, a foreign data wrapper for PostgreSQL providing read and write access to Firebird databases, is now available as version 1.2.0.
This release provides following new features:
- support for PostgreSQL 13
- support for generated columns (PostgreSQL 12 and later)
- support for COPY and partition tuple routing (PostgreSQL 11 and later)
- improved handling of case folding/identifier quoting
- support for “implicit booleans”
- pushdown of boolean tests in WHERE clauses (including implicit booleans)
- following utility functions have been added:
- firebird_fdw_server_options(servername TEXT): displays the current settings for the named server
- firebird_version(): shows Firebird version information for each firebird_fdw foreign server in the current database
- ERROR log messages will show any relevant Firebird query as a CONTEXT message
Following bugs have been fixed:
- EXPLAIN for a remote modify now shows the Firebird query used
- UPDATE statements where a BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger is present now work correctly
- CREATE SERVER‘s port option is now recognized
- foreign tables defined as queries can no longer be set as updatable = 'true'
This release requires Firebird API wrapper libfq version 0.4.0 or later (latest version at the time of writing: 0.4.2)
firebird_fdw 1.2.0 is compatible with PostgreSQL versions 9.3 ~ 13. Note that support for PostgreSQL 9.2 has been removed in this release. It supports Firebird 2.5.x and Firebird 3.0.x.
Source code is available from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/ibarwick/firebird_fdw/
CentOS rpm packages are available via the Fedora Copr build system.
Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.12.0 with : Named params support, statements without cursor and many other fixes
The firebird-driver package provides official Python Database API 2.0-compliant driver. In addition to the minimal feature set of the standard Python DB API, this driver also exposes the new (interface-based) client API introduced in Firebird 3, and number of additional extensions and enhancements for convenient use of Firebird RDBMS. The driver is written as pure-Python package (requires Python 3.8+) on top of Firebird client library (fbclient.so/dll) using ctypes. Driver supports Firebird version 3.0 and higher.
You can download this driver from PyPI or or install it using pip.
Please note, that FDB driver is now considered as legacy driver, and its development will be discontinued together with 2.5 once Firebird 4.0 will be released later this year.
The driver uses firebird-base package, which is a collection of modules that have general applicability, like extended configuration, context-driven logging and trace/audit, hooks, work with structured binary buffers, extended data structures etc. The driver uses almost all features provided by “base” package, but specifically the use of hook mechanism and context-driven logging and trace/audit are potentially the most valuable improvements.
The firebird-lib package provides extensions to the firebird-driver.
This package provides modules for:
- Work with Firebird database schema.
- Work with Firebird monitoring tables.
- Processing output from gstat Firebird utility.
- Processing Firebird server log.
- Processing output from Firebird server trace & audit sessions.
You can download this library from PyPI or or install it using pip.
The 17th FDD in Brazil, organised by Carlos Cantu, were a huge success! It was convened online for the first time, due to Covid-19. There were 720 attendees, and the traditional collection of donations netted a record R$ 8.163,35 after tax, for Firebird development.
The list of donors and their donations is at https://www.firebirddevelopersday.com.br/fdd/17fdd_donors.html.
New Flamerobin snapshot available! 0.9.3.4 with a few fixes and small features
Take a look, test and comment!
The driver is no longer beta, and is now considered as stable for Firebird 3.0 (support for Firebird 4 is still evolving till final release).
Documentation, both in code and separate (especially Usage Guide).
Added support for new FB4 data types in ARRAY fields.
Refactoring in driver hooks.
New Cursor.call_procedure() method.
Refactoring and fixes in Server and its services.
Rust Firebird Client updated with Firebird wire protocol implemented in pure Rust and ARM support
Only for Brazilians and Portuguese speakers…
Está no ar o site do 17º Firebird Developers Day, que dessa vez excepcionalmente será realizado on-line, de 21 a 25 de setembro, uma palestra por noite.
Essa é uma edição “best of“, ou seja, o tema das palestras foi definido por votação dos melhores temas das edições anteriores. As palestras serão ao vivo, com direito à perguntas e respostas.
A inscrição é apenas R$ 50, e todos os inscritos ganharão uma cópia do eBook Guia de Migração para o Firebird 3! Fora isso, poderão também aproveitar as promoções dos patrocinadores, além de participar do tradicional sorteio de licenças.
Visite o site do evento e faça sua inscrição para aproveitar o preço promocional. O download do ebook é liberado assim que o pagamento é reportado pelo banco (dentro de 48h).
Ajude a divulgar o evento compartilhando essa publicação em grupos de bancos de dados e de programação.
New Flamerobin snapshot available.
Increased Firebird 3 compatibility and a new dependency interface.
Take a look, test and comment.