The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.5.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.5 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBManager does not accept page size of 32768 (Firebird 4 and higher) (JDBC-468)
- Fixed: Jaybird cannot parse Firebird version numbers with revisions (JDBC-534)
- Fixed: Incorrect parsing of Firebird version numbers (JDBC-535)
- New feature: Added support for the Srp256 authentication plugin (JDBC-536)
- Fixed: Incorrect warning “Specified statement was not created by this connection” logged for statements that fail with an exception on prepare (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Remote close of event channel (eg on Firebird server stop or crash) leads to high CPU usage and excessive error logging as socket channel is not removed from selector (JDBC-542)
- Fixed: Properties
dbCryptConfig not available on
- Documentation: wire protocol encryption requires unlimited strength Cryptographic Jurisdiction Policy (or equivalent), this was previously not documented (JDBC-545)
See the Jaybird 3.0.5 release notes for more information. Jaybird 3.0.5 can be downloaded from the JDBC Driver page.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.4.
This release contains the following fixes:
- Fixed: Exceptions during statement preparation leave connection and transaction open after explicit close (JDBC-311)
- Fixed batch update (or insert) with blob set through
setBinaryStream() sets empty blob for all but the first batch entry (JDBC-312)
- Fixed incomplete checks of database, transaction, statement and blob handle validity before continuing with actions. These incomplete checks could lead to unexpected exceptions (for example a
- Fixed error when setting connection charset equal to
"file.encoding" java property (JDBC-314)
- Fixed connection character set not correctly set when specifying the Java connection characterset (
localEncoding property) (JDBC-315)
- Fixed incorrect lengths and/or radix reported by
getColumns metadata (JDBC-317, JDBC-318)
- Initial Java 8 / JDBC 4.2 support (JDBC-319)
- Firebird 3
BOOLEAN type support, see Support for Firebird 3
BOOLEAN type in the release notes for more details (JDBC-321)
- Added fallback of loading
GDSFactoryPlugin implementations to prevent
NullPointerException in Hibernate reverse engineering wizard in NetBeans (JDBC-325)
- Fixed: Jaybird should specify dialect 3 in dpb when no explicit dialect was set (JDBC-327)
- Fixed: several
DatabaseMetaData methods defined by JDBC to only accept the actual table name also accepted a
LIKE-pattern or empty string or null. This was changed to conform to JDBC. This change can break applications that relied on the incorrect behavior (JDBC-331)
Affected methods are:
getCrossReference. As part of this change
getIndexInfo now handles names in the wrong case slightly different.
Jaybird 3.0 will further modify and restrict the pattern matching and case sensitivity of metadata methods. See Future changes to Jaybird in the release notes for more details.
Downloads available from JDBC driver section on the Firebird website.
The release is also available on maven(*):
* The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16, jaybird-jdk17 or jaybird-jdk18
Just released a Jaybird 2.2.4-SNAPSHOT version with a fix for Netbeans Hibernate driver loading bug: JDBC-325 download at sourceforge
New Jaybird 2.2.4 snapshot now also available on the sonatype public repository.
News via Mark Rotteveel’s tweet
Mark Rotteveel wrote on Firebird Java list :
I have started a page on the Jaybird wiki on using Jaybird with Firebird
3.0 alpha 1:
It lists know problems, compatibility issues and workarounds between
Jaybird 2.2.x and earlier and Firebird 3 (alpha 1).
It is a work in progress, but I hope to have all the basics listed by
Sunday. If you miss something, or something doesn’t work for you with
Firebird 3, let me know.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.3.
See http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/jdbc-driver/ for the downloadlinks.
The release is also available on maven:
The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16 or jaybird-jdk17.
The following has been changed or fixed in Jaybird 2.2.3:
- Fixed incorrect synchronization in native and embedded protocol (JNI) implementation for iscBlobInfo and iscSeekBlob (JDBC-300)
- Fixed holdable ResultSet is closed on auto-commit (JDBC-304, JDBC-305)
- Fixed table names missing or padded with spaces in Database view of IntelliJ IDEA (JDBC-308, IDEA-100786)
- Fixed incorrect JDBC minor version reported under Java 7; this resulted in an incorrect column name (for Java 7) in the metadata of DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(…) (JDBC-309)
- Added IOException to cause of GDSException with error 335544721; “Unable to complete network request to host “”” for further investigation (JDBC-306)
More details are available in the Jaybird 2.2.3 releasenotes.
Question is on StackOverflow:
I have tried to add an column alias in SELECT statement using SQuirrel SQL 3.4 + Firebird 1.5 + Driver JDBC Jaybird 2.2.[0|1] . but doesn’t work
And Mark Rotteveel gives the answer of the week
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.0
This release contains the following changes:
* Enhanced support for JDBC 4.0 (Java 6)
* Support for JDBC 4.1 (Java 7) – including try-with-resources support,
* Implementation of getGeneratedKeys(),
* Enhanced support for the services API,
* Support for 64 bit native libraries for Type 2 / Embedded,
* A number of bug fixes
Downloads are available from:
The beta release is also available on maven(*):
The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15,
jaybird-jdk16 or jaybird-jdk17
Problems, bugs: please mail us on the Firebird-Java group or add a
ticket to the tracker on http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC
*) As this is the first release to Maven and we need manual
authorization from Sonatype, it can take several days before the
artifacts are really available on Maven
News via Mark Rotteveel on twitter
Finishing touches to Jaybird 2.2 beta releasenotes, hopefully I will be able to finally release it this weekend
Jaybird 2.2 is the next Firebird jdbc driver release with many fixes which will include improved support of the JTA specification (XADataSource and XAResource interfaces). Additionally it already has improved support for OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice Base component, which deviates in some places from the JDBC 3.0 specification.
SQL Workbench/J is a free, DBMS-independent, cross-platform SQL query tool. It is written in Java and thus it should run on any operating system that provides a Java Runtime Environment.
It can be used with Firebird jdbc driver
Web-based Squirrel SQL client. It allows you to view database structure, import/export and manage your databases, including create database, table, store procedure, view,trigger and user. it supports Firebird