Jaybird 5.0.0-beta-1 released for testing
This version is provided for testing purposes only. We’d appreciate your feedback, but we’d like to emphasize that this version is not intended for production.
Jaybird 5 is – from a JDBC perspective – an incremental change from Jaybird 4. However, internally, Jaybird underwent some major changes, the biggest was the removal of JCA (Java Connector Architecture) support.
The major changes and new features in Jaybird 5 are:
- Java 7 support dropped
- Java Connector Architecture (JCA) support removed
- ChaCha wire protocol encryption support (Java 11 and higher only)
- Changes to properties
- Unification of database and service addressing
- Changes to JDBC URL syntax
- Removal of LOCAL protocol implementation
- Stream blobs are now the default
- New parser for generated keys handling (back-ported to Jaybird 4.0.8)
- Firebird 4.0 server-side batch updates
- Firebird 5.0 multi-row RETURNING support
- Firebird Embedded locator service provider (experimental)
- Table statistics of a connection (experimental)
Bug reports about undocumented changes in behavior are appreciated. Feedback can be sent to the Firebird-java mailing list or reported on the issue tracker https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/jaybird/issues.
See also the full Jaybird 5.0.0-beta-1 release notes.