This release provides following new features:
- support for PostgreSQL 13
- support for generated columns (PostgreSQL 12 and later)
- support for COPY and partition tuple routing (PostgreSQL 11 and later)
- improved handling of case folding/identifier quoting
- support for “implicit booleans”
- pushdown of boolean tests in WHERE clauses (including implicit booleans)
- following utility functions have been added:
- firebird_fdw_server_options(servername TEXT): displays the current settings for the named server
- firebird_version(): shows Firebird version information for each firebird_fdw foreign server in the current database
- ERROR log messages will show any relevant Firebird query as a CONTEXT message
Following bugs have been fixed:
- EXPLAIN for a remote modify now shows the Firebird query used
- UPDATE statements where a BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger is present now work correctly
- CREATE SERVER‘s port option is now recognized
- foreign tables defined as queries can no longer be set as updatable = 'true'
firebird_fdw 1.2.0 is compatible with PostgreSQL versions 9.3 ~ 13. Note that support for PostgreSQL 9.2 has been removed in this release. It supports Firebird 2.5.x and Firebird 3.0.x.
Source code is available from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/ibarwick/firebird_fdw/
CentOS rpm packages are available via the Fedora Copr build system.