IBSurgeon releases a new version of Firebird Encryption Plugin Framework: the set of source files and ready-to-use compiled binaries to implement database encryption for Firebird databases.
Main features of Firebird Encryption Plugin Framework (version 2021):
1. Support of Firebird 4.0 and Firebird 3.0 out of the box, on Windows 32bit/64bit and Linux 32bit/64bit. The new version is ready to use with Firebird 4.0 without recompilation (but databases must be migrated, of course)
2. Client-side KeyHolder support. Now, fbclient.dll can load keys from KeyHolder.conf on the client-side, it allows the transparent and safe connection of developer tools, Firebird command-line tools. and other applications without key exchange support.
3. Included low-level tool for decryption of databases in case of corruption and (new in v2021) license of FirstAID recovery tool for 10 databases.
4. Gbak.exe supports encrypted backup and restore.
5. Client application examples are available for Delphi, Lazarus, PHP, .Net, Java, etc.
6. Now 2 licenses are available: a) Unlimited license with sources, it includes upgrades for all minor releases of Firebird 4.0.x – USD$1999 (EUR 1655) b) Unlimited license with sources and implementation consulting for 1 application, includes upgrades for all minor releases of Firebird 4.0.x – USD$2499(EUR 2055)
All existing customers of Firebird Encryption Framework Unlimited License will receive this major upgrade for free!
RedSoft, Platinum Sponsor of Firebird Foundation and contributor of Firebird Project development, has introduced the new major version of the free open-source multi-platform tool for administration and development of Firebird databases: RedExpert v2020.04.1.
The new version introduces:a test data generator, database object dependencies, and many other improvements and bug fixes. Download here RedExpert installation and binaries.
Join RedExpert development If you like RedExpert as a tool and as an idea of a free multi-platform high-quality tool for Firebird, and if you have experience as a Java developer or tester, or simply as advanced Firebird user, please join the development effort: RedExpert sources are available in GitHub, please submit your pull-requests there, and send your feedback, bug reports, suggestions, etc to Issues section on GitHub.
Upscene Productions is proud to announce version 2.1 of “Hopper”, a stored
routine debugger for InterBase, Firebird or MySQL.
This release brings new features for the MySQL Edition and bugfixes to the InterBase or Firebird Edition.
Version 2 includes support for Firebird 3 packages and stored functions, MySQL diagnostic-statements, binary data in variables and much more.
For more information, check the Hopper page at our website.
Hopper is a stored routine debugging tool for MySQL, Firebird and InterBase. If you use
stored procedures on these database systems, Hopper will be a great tool for debugging
About Upscene Productions
Based in The Netherlands, Europe, this small but dedicated company has been providing
database developers with useful tools for over 18 years. Slowly expanding the product portfolio
and gaining recognition amongst InterBase and Firebird database developers, they now offer
tools for a whole range of database systems, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
If you need to convert a very big Firebird 2.5 database to 3.0, or many databases during the short period of time (for example, overnight or during the weekend), you will definitely find useful this article: it describes how to speed up the backup-restore process by 25-30% with stream backup-restore process. Please read Fast conversion of Firebird 2.5 databases to Firebird 3.0