You can often see the following question in Firebird technical support groups: “What is the hardware of choice for the Firebird DBMS?”. This topic remains permanently popular because hardware requirements differ by tasks and hardware itself changes with time.
We in IBSurgeon decided to write Firebird Hardware guide in order to provide the necessary knowledge to anyone who wants to choose truly effective hardware for their Firebird database. To do it, you will have to learn some basic details on how Firebird, the operating system and, of course, hardware functions.
Devart company updated its set of ODBC drivers for various databases including Firebird database.
New Firebird ODBC driver gained improved performance and:
- Compatibility with Microsoft Visual Studio is improved
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office is improved
- Compatibility with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is improved
- Compatibility with Crystal Reports is improved
- Compatibility with ClikView is improved
Check what our new ODBC drivers can offer to you.
Download Firebird ODBC driver 1.2
Following the updated release of IBDAC (Delphi data access components for Firebird) Devart released a huge update of it’s dbExpress drivers. Among them you can find updated dbExpress driver for Firebird/Interbase.
Among many improvements and bug fixes those drivers received RAD Studio 10 support and now the trial limitation by 6 columns is removed from the Trial version for Win64 and it becomes a fully-functional Professional Edition.
You can already download new updated dbExpress driver for Firebird now – https://www.devart.com/dbx/interbase/download.html
Devart company released a huge update of all its Delphi data access components including Firebird/Interbase data access components (IBDAC).
IBDAC 5.6 main updates/fixes are:
- RAD Studio 10 Seattle is supported
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE batch operations are supported
- Now Trial for Win64 is a fully functional Professional Edition
- Now at automatic refresh of Detail dataset the OnBeforeOpen event is not called
- Generating conditions for filtration when using similar field names and aliases in TCRDBGrid is fixed
- SQLMonitor behavior on using similar objects is fixed
- Bug with endless reconnection in assigned connection is fixed
- Bug with editing Blob and Memo fields used in local filter is fixed
- Bug when working with databases having charset NONE is fixed
You can already download new IBDAC 5.6 now and use it in your projects.
Devart team is proud to introduce new Firebird ODBC Drivers.
The most significant features in this version are:
– Drivers fully support standard ODBC API functions and data types, multiple server data types and features.
– Advanced connection string parameters provided to allow any desktop and web applications to access databases from various environments and platforms, that support ODBC.
– Full Unicode support provides capacity to interpret Unicode function calls without the intervention of the Driver Manager.
– Advanced data conversion from DBMS data types to native ODBC data types.
– Support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms provides capabilities to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit cross-platform database applications (Linux and Mac OS X platforms will be supported in the next version).
ODBC driver for Firebird supports Firebird server and client versions 2.x, 1.x.
More details Download Firebird ODBC driver
We have a new poll in the site, about what languages are most used with Firebird. Please vote going to our mainpage and voting in the poll displayed in the right sidebar.
Please vote and spread this poll to other Firebird users.
Every year on January 18 we have a small celebration – IBProvider’s birthday.
This year it turned 14.
We thank all our users for using the provider in your projects.
We promise that we will continue to improve IBProvider till it completely supersedes Firebird and Interbase 🙂
Read more about the new features in Firebird and Interbase driver >>>
We are pleased to announce the new release of our OLEDB Provider: version 3.18.
Now in your projects for Firebird and Interbase you can more comfortable work with Linked Server of MSSQL 2012. Hurrah!
In new release:
- Improved performance of the provider as a linked MSSQL server.
- Provider compilation with Visual Studio 2012.
You can download IBProvider here: Firebird and Interbase driver >>>
We are pleased to announce the release candidate of our .NET Provider for OleDb.
Now you can use 200% of the ADO.Net power in your projects for Firebird and Interbase:
- Read sets via OleDbDataReader and change them simultaneously (MARS technology).
- Use nested transactions, savepoints and distributed transactions within the TransactionScope.
- Execute several select, update and insert queries with parameters(!) within only one command OleDbCommand.
- Work with absolutely all types of data, including arrays and even Interbase Guid.
- And yes, now after you have set the command text you don’t need to manually add parameters to the query. Everything is done automatically and on the fly.
You can download ibprovider here: Firebird OleDb driver >>>
||DA-SOFT Technologies announces the availability of major new version AnyDAC for Delphi Summer 2012 release v 6.0.1 – high-speed, Universal Data Access Components for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, IBM DB2, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage, dbExpress, ODBC, that simplifies the task of building Embarcadero Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal Compiler database applications.
Do not miss the Summer sale – 25% discount on all AnyDAC orders in August !
AnyDAC for Delphi can be immediately downloaded from the download page.
What is new in v6.0.1 and what is AnyDAC ?
AnyDAC v 6.0.1 Highlights
- Support for iOS Emulator and ARM devices;
- Support for FireMonkey, including FM AnyDAC dialogs (more);
- New Local SQL to query TDataSet’s. Native xQuery replacement (more);
- New Centralized Cached Updates, with master-detail propagation (more);
- New DataSnap multi-tier driver.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS cross-platform applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix, Advantage, DataSnap and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
AnyDAC Core Features
- Native access to Firebird, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, InterBase, SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage Database, DataSnap and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
- Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress or ODBC data sources.
- Optimized for best possible performance. 2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress.
- Reach API with 50 Delphi VCL components, including TADConnection, TADTransaction, TADQuery, TADStoredProc, TADTable, TADMemTable, TADLocalSQL.
- Unified API for cross-database access, including unified data type mapping, SQL dialect abstraction, connection aliases.
- First-class support for many database-specific features, including backup, restore, validation, SQL scripting.
- Advanced Data Access Options, including Array DML, Live Data Window mode, full Unicode support, Local SQL engine.
- Delphi 5 to Delphi XE2, C++ Builder 5 to C++ Builder XE2, Lazarus / Free Pascal on Win32, Win64, Linux32, Linux64, Mac OS X, iOS.
- Perfect integration as back-end driver for DataSnap, TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
- Enterprise – Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2, Informix.
- Workgroup – Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB.
- Database in clouds – Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Desktop – SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE, Advantage DB.
- Embedded – SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded, Berkeley DB.
- Bridges – dbExpress, ODBC.
- Multi-Tier – DataSnap.
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
« Hide it