A new version of IBProvider (native OLE DB provider for Firebird and InterBase) has been released.
Short list of changes
- Added binaries compiled in Visual Studio 2017
- Fixed bug in SRP-authentication (FB3, connection type — fb.direct)
- Improved error handling.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170316.html
We have finished development of the new subsystem «IBProvider Professional Edition» that allows you to work with Firebird 2.5 via INET-protocol (TCP/IP) without fbclient.dll.
And we suggest IBProvider users test the next version 3.27 with own systems.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_151202.html
We are pleased to announce the release of our “LCPI ADO.NET provider for OLE DB” which allows to create a professional solutions for Firebird!
Our .NET provider doesn’t force you to use ADO.NET as the exclusive access technology in application. You can use ADODB and work with OLEDB provider directly. Simultaneously!
You can use any .NET programming language and any programming language that supports COM or ActiveX. All at once!
And, of course, you can be sure in quality of this ADO.NET provider. We used TDD from beginning to end of development cycle.
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150408_adonet_provider_release.html
Every year on January 18 we have a small celebration – IBProvider’s birthday.
This year it turned 14.
We thank all our users for using the provider in your projects.
We promise that we will continue to improve IBProvider till it completely supersedes Firebird and Interbase 🙂
Read more about the new features in Firebird and Interbase driver >>>
We are pleased to announce the new release of our OLEDB Provider: version 3.18.
Now in your projects for Firebird and Interbase you can more comfortable work with Linked Server of MSSQL 2012. Hurrah!
In new release:
- Improved performance of the provider as a linked MSSQL server.
- Provider compilation with Visual Studio 2012.
You can download IBProvider here: Firebird and Interbase driver >>>
We are pleased to announce the release candidate of our .NET Provider for OleDb.
Now you can use 200% of the ADO.Net power in your projects for Firebird and Interbase:
- Read sets via OleDbDataReader and change them simultaneously (MARS technology).
- Use nested transactions, savepoints and distributed transactions within the TransactionScope.
- Execute several select, update and insert queries with parameters(!) within only one command OleDbCommand.
- Work with absolutely all types of data, including arrays and even Interbase Guid.
- And yes, now after you have set the command text you don’t need to manually add parameters to the query. Everything is done automatically and on the fly.
You can download ibprovider here: Firebird OleDb driver >>>
If you have ever worked with Firebird or Interbase using the standard .NET provider for OLE DB (System.Data.OleDb), you will have likely encountered issues like this:
- The necessity to add ALL parameters manually.
- Even though the OLE DB provider supports parameter generation for commands, the .NET provider doesn’t use it, so you as the programmer must do that work on your own.
- The lack of support for named parameters. Although they actually exist, using them in reality requires a whole set of complex manipulations (the steps needed to add a parameter to a collection, etc.).
- The impossibility of using multiple DataReader objects at the same time (Multiple Active Result Sets).
- No execution of SQL scripts which contain several SQL expressions per command. This list of difficulties a .NET developer has to deal with is far from complete. Now it’s all different in a fundamentally new .NET Data Provider for OLE DB
We are continuing to actively add new functionality of Firebird 3 DBMS to IBProvider.
Let us remind you that already 2 months ago we added support of BOOLEAN data type from Firebird 3. In the new version of IBProvider Professional, we added support of PACKAGE instruction.
Now you can put in order a bulk of database procedures and functions and group them by sense into individual modules (PACKAGE). This arrangement will substantially simplify understanding and maintenance of SQL code.
Ream more about Firebird 3 access improvements.
New release candidate of IBProvider Professional Edition has appeared. Is the modern driver for access to 16 versions of the Firebrd and Interbase servers.
Improved support of DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) when working with Firebird and Interbase
IBProvider RC4 has the new option of stored procedures calling in Visual Studio 2008 style via ODBC escape sequences. This innovation allows to create queries and TableAdapters based on stored procedures.
Optimized working with named parameters in SQL query text
- Fewer limitations for multiple use of same named parameter in SQL query text
- New algorithm for choosing named parameter data type.
- Some errors of named parameters procession detected via profound testing by exhaustive method have been eliminated.
Metadata schemes and column descriptions (IColumnsRowset) support user encoding
Metadata schemes and IColumnRowset interface now consider user charset . This allows working with metadata in set encoding.
What comes next?
We continuously improve IBProvider and present new options for users with each new release. IBProvider Release Candidate 4
is the last RC of the third version.
We are planning complete substitution of IBProvider v2 functionality in the next IBProvider v3 Release:
- ability to work with updatable rowsets;
- support of data recording via Microsoft SQL Server Linked Server;
Currently IBProvider v2 is the only provider that allows to update data in Firebird and Interbase linked server. Other drivers allow only data reading from source.
IBProvider v3 RC4 is the result of 4-year innovations in data processing. It has implemented a lot of solutions and technologies, which make it completely different from other access components:
- Controllable charsets processor;
- SQL-parser with ODBC Escape Sequences support;
- Support of 16 Firebird and Interbase versions, including Firebird 2.5 and Interbase 2009;
- Automatic configuring for database server;
- Ability to work on 64-bit platforms;
Combination of these two drivers will give our clients another competitive advantage for quick development of quality Firebird and Interbase applications.
Source: Firebird driver press release
« Hide it
Changes in IBProvider v2 (build 2.6.06.2688)
- Addition of UTF-8 charset support
- Loading of charset information for COLUMN and PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS metadata schemes from system tables.
Changes in IBProvider v3 (build 184.108.40.20627 RC3)
New IBProvider v3 offers the brand new method for working with text data charsets:
- We added ctype_user property that allows setting the encoding of data coming to client irrespective of the encoding in which this data is coming from database server.
- New algorithms of BLOB fields converting provide for quick work with flowing data, optimization of interaction with ICU library.
- We added ctype_none property that allows setting the charset for working with text data in NONE encoding.
- Other important changes.
- Support of Firebird and Interbase charsets aliases.
See detailed information on working with new character set processor in Firebird and Interbase character sets.
Text columns size in Firebird 2.X
IBProvider started to control text columns size when working with Firebird 2 servers in Unicode mode. If the length of loaded data exceeds the text column size the exclusion will be generated.