We have two pieces of news for IBProvider and Firebird users. Both are good.
- The release of «IBProvider Professional Edition» v3.34 with its own Firebird v3 client is already available for download.
- We upgraded the «Free IBProvider» and added a subsystem to it with its own Firebird client.
Now all IBProvider editions can work directly with all released Firebird versions from v0.9 to v3.0!
We hope this release will bring new ideas to your work.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_161111.html
We invite everyone to test the next version of IBProvider, which allows to work directly with Firebird v3 through INET (TCP/IP) connection.
The current assembly v184.108.40.20607 has passed functional and load testing. Improvements and changes are not planned. The release will be available within a month.
Read full text of news: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_161030.html
Since you already have made a pause in your work and came here, we are offering to you look at the short review of testing Firebird through IBProvider.
With Best Regards,
Six years after the release of IBProvider v3.0 in August 2010, we are proud to introduce version v3.31. This is the 72th update of the third version!
A brief description of the new release v3.31
- Interaction with server has been optimized.
- The problem with savepoints and InterBase has been solved.
The list of previous updates of the provider
We glad to inform about new IBProvider v3.29.
A brief description of the new release:
- Management of server resources for cursors and blobs improved.
- The main build IBProvider (vc14xp) is now compiled using VS2015 Update 2.
- Extended load testing performed.
Actually, as of the moment we have reached the local balance point:
- Basic «critical» problems solved.
- All initiated code changes completed.
The full text of the news: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_160412.html
We have released a set of IBProvider updates with optimizations and corrections.
For example – we rewrote the support of “array” data type. Now we can (reservedly) say that IBProvider really can work with all server data types. With minimal numbers of “buts”…
Common list of changes
- Optimizing server resource management.
- Revision of work with XSQLVAR::sqlind.
- Improved work with InterBase v12 (XE7).
- Added initialization property «dbdate_rules».
- Updated list with reserved keywords of Firebird v3.
- New support for «array» data type.
- Improved cancelation of fetch operation (fb.direct mode).
- Correction of creation binary blob with zero length.
- Correction of error with MSSQL Linked Server and BLOB.
- Updated support of IBProvider in our ADO.NET provider.
We glad to inform, that new IBProvider v220.127.116.1198 is ready for download and work in your applications and services.
In this release:
- Better support of big database arrays
- New compiler for vc14xp binaries
- Internal changes for code improving
You can read also:
- Additional information about previous release (v3.27)
- Information about direction of our current work
You can download the Trial of “IBProvider Professional Edition” (32 and 64 bits) from any page at our web site.
If you want to get the “IBProvider Free Edition” (32 bit only), you need to register on the site:
We have an excellent New Year present for all our users — the 27th update of IBProvider v3!
We have done everything we promised. And even little more.
The new IBProvider can directly connect not only to Firebird 2.5 but also to all previous releases: FB0.9, FB1, FB1.5, FB2.0 and FB2.1.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_151217.html
We have finished development of the new subsystem «IBProvider Professional Edition» that allows you to work with Firebird 2.5 via INET-protocol (TCP/IP) without fbclient.dll.
And we suggest IBProvider users test the next version 3.27 with own systems.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_151202.html
We decided to improve functionality of the free version of OLEDB provider for Firebird and Interbase. Now it supports all current versions of InterBase and Firebird including IB XE7 и FB v3!
«Free IBProvider» is based on «IBProvider Professional Edition» and inherits its key features like reliability, performance and workability.
Main specifications of the Free IBProvider
- Compiled in VS2013 Community Edition
- Support of all Firebird versions
- Support of all Interbase versions
- Query pool support
- Connection pool support
- DTC support
- ODBC query support
- Support of asynchronous data download
- Support of multithreaded applications
- Support of the replacement of the provider’s CLSID and ProgID components
- Localization of error messages and UI
- And much more!
In addition, you can use «Free IBProvider» together with «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB»!
Read the full text of press release here – http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_150520__free_ibprovider_for_fb3_and_ib_xe7.html