We are glad to announce the new update of IBProvider — v3.50.
Main feature of this release — elimination of very old restrictions of our OLE DB provider.
Common list of changes:
- Better support of MS SQL
- Support of data rereading for updatable sets
- Improved error handling
- Specific data processing errors fixed
- Support of FB 3.0.4 added
We have two news for you:
1. IBProvider v3.49 was released. We ensured a stricter compliance with the OLE DB specification and revised the existing code.
2. Microsoft changed its decision to go back to ODBC and promises to release an updated OLE DB provider for MS SQL. Let’s hope that they not only will rewrite the provider but also update the OLE DB specification.
We have a great piece of news for all users of IBProvider v3 — we have rewritten the latest subsystem inherited from the second version of the provider.
In other words, we have finally fully updated and improved the entire IBProvider v3!
In addition to updating the IBProvider, we released new assemblies of our ADO.NET provider for .NET Standard 2.0 and refreshed the “LCPI OLE DB Services”.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_171114.html
New release v3.43 of our “Native OLE DB provider for Firebird and InterBase” available for download.
- The support of primary version of ICU from Firebird v3 (ICU v5.2) has been added
- Loaders of metadata schemas have been improved
Release of “LCPI ADO.NET data provider for OLE DB” v1.1 includes the new DDEX provider (v2) for Visual Studio 2017.
Main features of new DDEX provider
- Based on a new object model (v2), like standard DDEX providers for MSSQL and Oracle
- Packed in VSIX installer
See the short instruction for installation and configuration of DDEX provider in VS2017.
We released three things:
- New update of IBProvider – v3.41.
- New services for IBProvider – “LCPI OLE DB Services”
- New update of our ADO.NET provider – v1.0.7
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170511.html
We are pleased to announce the new update of IBProvider – v3.40. There are not a lot of changes in this release. However, it was very well tested. Including with a our new connection pool, which we will present in a month.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170415.html
A new version of IBProvider (native OLE DB provider for Firebird and InterBase) has been released.
Short list of changes
- Added binaries compiled in Visual Studio 2017
- Fixed bug in SRP-authentication (FB3, connection type — fb.direct)
- Improved error handling.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170316.html
We follow to rule “sequence of small improvements is prefered” and glad to announce the third update of IBProvider in current year – v3.38.
In new release we resolved the problems with notifications of asynchronous loader of data, which were detected under stress-test.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170309.html
We made the next step for improving of our OLEDB/ADODB/.NET data provider for Firebird and InterBase.
Brief review of changes in new version:
- Removed deprecated features
- Improved steadiness to incorrect configuration of connection
- Added a new feature for error processing [by customer request]
And, of course, new release has passed through load and functional tests. So it is ready for usage in production environment without any unpleasant surprises.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170210.html
Download page: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/download.html
For getting a Free edition of provider need create an account at our web site: http://www.ibprovider.com/customer/register.php?lang=1