The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.8.2. This is a bugfix release.
The release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
Here is the list of changes for Lazarus and Free Pascal:
Here is the list of fixes for Lazarus 1.8.x:
The release is available for download on SourceForge:
Choose your CPU, OS, distro and then the “Lazarus 1.8.2” directory.
Checksums for the SourceForge files:
For people who are blocked by SF, the Lazarus releases from SourceForge are mirrored at:
and later at (after some time for synchronization)
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.8.
The release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
MWA Software’s Firebird Pascal Client API package (fbintf) release 1.0.2 is now available for download. The package has been updated to support Delphi Win32 (from Delphi 2010 onwards) in addition to the Free Pascal Compiler (3.0.0 onwards). The package is otherwise functionally identical to release 1.0.1.
The Firebird Pascal Client API package provides common Pascal language bindings to the Firebird API that are independent of the Firebird API version. Both legacy and Firebird 3 APIs are supported. The fbintf package provides the Firebird API in a format where all data types for SQL data, interface parameters and results are native Pascal types, including all parameter blocks and database information. The Pascal API is pitched at a similar level and purpose to the IBPP Firebird API provided to the C++ world. It is a required dependency for version 2 onwards of IBX for Lazarus, and is provided as both a standalone package and as part of IBX2.
The Firebird Pascal API is intended to be simple to use and to place the minimum burden on the API user when it comes to managing the Firebird client library and the various Pascal objects that are created to provide the API. It is implemented as reference counted COM interfaces which, for the API user, are as easy to use as other managed types such as AnsiStrings and dynamic arrays. The user only needs to worry about accessing and using the interface; disposing of interfaces is performed automatically whenever an interface goes out of scope. It is intended to be a full implementation of the Firebird API, including events, services, blobs and arrays.
It is distributed under the IDP Licence.
The package may be downloaded from https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/fb-pascal-api
A comprehensive user manual fully describing the API is available from https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/documentation
Marco Cantu wrote on his blog :
To celebrate another year of success for Delphi. I dug a bit in my archive. Here are a few old images, mostly ads from Borland, before and after the product release.
It is interesting to notice how the original business value (increased productivity for developers) is still true today with a totally changed landscape, mobile, and all. We could re-use some of the original ads, as they make sense today. The other things I noticed is that most of the other tools that were popular back than, have long been forgotten. Delphi, on the other hand, is still popular.
Devart company released a huge update of all its Delphi data access components including Firebird/Interbase data access components (IBDAC).
IBDAC 5.6 main updates/fixes are:
- RAD Studio 10 Seattle is supported
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE batch operations are supported
- Now Trial for Win64 is a fully functional Professional Edition
- Now at automatic refresh of Detail dataset the OnBeforeOpen event is not called
- Generating conditions for filtration when using similar field names and aliases in TCRDBGrid is fixed
- SQLMonitor behavior on using similar objects is fixed
- Bug with endless reconnection in assigned connection is fixed
- Bug with editing Blob and Memo fields used in local filter is fixed
- Bug when working with databases having charset NONE is fixed
You can already download new IBDAC 5.6 now and use it in your projects.
Microtec is pleased to announce the release of CopyCat Developer version 3.7.1!
CopyCat Developer is a Delphi components library encapsulating a database replication engine with support for Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite and NexusDB. For more information, please refer to our site: http://www.copycat.fr
The changes in this release are as follows:
– XE7 support
– Major performance and memory management improvements of big logs. Instead of loading the whole list of changes to replicate into memory at once, it is now streamed in row by row.
– The UPDATE OR INSERT statement is now used in FB 2.1+, in order to reduce the number of statements needed and thus optimize performance.
– Internal changes enabling the use of prepared queries during replication, thus again dramatically improving performance.
– Improved performance of TCcConnection.GetFieldType
– Fixed a memory leak that caused problems with long-running replication cycles.
– Fixed a bug in the millisecond handling in Firebird.
For years the FBLib (Firebird database library for Free Pascal, Delphi and Kylix) has lived in the 3rdParty directory tree of tiOPF. We are cleaning up the tiOPF repository, and so I have now moved the FBLib project out to Github, into its own repository. The repository history is intact. I still need to add a few more patches I have locally, and some Lazarus based support apps.
All future development of FBLib will now happen on Github.
To get a copy of the code:
git clone git://github.com/graemeg/firebird-lib.git
News via lazarus forum
Jason announced the new release :
I neglected to report that I put a new release in the download area for
those still using IBO 4.9.14.
I back ported a number of the recent fixes that have gone into IBO 5.0.2.
Here is the pertinent portion of the release notes.
As always you can download new version from ibobjects.com site
Stable version of zeoslib 7 is released.
The most important improvement you’ll find in this version is support for the compilers Delphi2009 and newer, with their unicode strings.
Other changes in this release are
– Some new components for grouping connections (alpha status)
– Postgres event alerter component comparable with the existing Interbase/Firebird event alerter (alpha status)
– Pooled connections (alpha status)
– Real prepared statement support (always for firebird, on demand for mysql and postgres), allowing to prepare queries once and execute them multipe times with different input variables.
– New FreeTDS driver for connections to Mssql and Sybase that can replace the old dblib protocol.
– TZStoredproc got a full makeover. Now Stored procedures should work for postgres, firebird, mysql, mssql and oracle (alpha status)
– A load of bugs have been fixed.
Downloads of the new beta release can be found on sourceforge or our mirror download directory http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/
FBClone 2.2.1 is released to google code
This is more than a “bugfix release” for FBClone here are a few of new features and fixes:
-It Can “normalize” a multi charset database by ignoring all “character set” definitions from source db
See flags -ics -ko in combination with -tc UTF8.
-It supports domains in SP parameters as well as NOT NULL, TYPE OF and COLLATE.
-It’s changed creation order of UNIQUE/FOREIGN and VIEW TRG/TABLE TRG as suggested by users in issues.
You need to use it from command line and specify the source and target database
fbclone source employee.fdb target new_db.fdb user sysdba password *****
News via Pierre Yager tweet