Pierre Yager announced on firebird-devel new version of UIB with Firebird 3.0 API support:
Thanks to Vlad, we achieved the translation of the FB3 OO API in UIB
Components for Delphi.
You can checkout the code from SourceForge repository :
Now, we only miss hints to deal with FbMessage, it seems that the
examples (fbstuff on github) made by Adriano heavily relies on BOOST
and as we don’t have such possibilities with Delphi we must understand
what is exactly an FbMessage and see what we can do.
Thanks for your help, regards,
I recently had reason to revisit transaction management in our application. The application makes extensive use of data aware grids (TDBGrid) and, as I am sure everyone is aware, it is impossible to explicitly manage transactions when you are displaying data in a grid.
Fortunately, IBObjects provides the means to automatically clean up transactions left hanging by TDBGrid. Unfortunately, this isn’t as well documented or as straightforward as I would like. So, after much research using the programmer’s secret weapon (Google) and a few questions posted to the IBObjects support group (thanks Jason) I think I finally understand how it works.
||DA-SOFT Technologies announces the availability of AnyDAC for Delphi Summer 2011 release v 126.96.36.1995 – high-speed, Universal Data Access Components for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, IBM DB2, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage, DbExpress, ODBC, that simplifies the task of building Embarcadero Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal Compiler database applications.
AnyDAC for Delphi can be immediately downloaded from the download page.
What is new in v5.0.1 and what is AnyDAC ?
AnyDAC v 5.0.1 Highlights
- New Advantage Database native ACE API driver (More).
- New TADTable with live data window mode (More).
- Major refactoring of the drivers infrastructure.
- Major refactoring of the monitoring and tracing infrastructure.
- New FormatOptions.FmtDisplayXxx, FmtEditXxx options.
- New ADConnection Before/After StartTransaction, Commit, Rollback events.
- Multiple enhancements to the help system.
- Multiple enahncements to the help system.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix, Advantage and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
AnyDAC Core Features
- Native access to Firebird, InterBase, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2 and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
- Optimized for best possible performance (2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress).
- Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress and ODBC data sources.
- Reach API, including 50 Delphi VCL components.
- Unified API for access to cross-database features.
- First-class support for many database-specific features, including DBMS services like backup, validate.
- Unique ADO.NET-like data engine for Win32.
- Advanced Data Access Options.
- Full support for international applications, including full Unicode support in Delphi 2009 and later.
- Cross-platform support though Free Pascal (FPC).
- Perfect integration as back-end driver for TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
- Enterprise – Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Informix.
- Workgroup – Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB.
- Database in clouds – Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Desktop – SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE, Advantage DB.
- Embedded – SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded, Berkeley DB.
- Bridges – DbExpress, ODBC.
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
« Hide it
I wrote my last post about enabling booleans in Firebird after several hours of poking around in database code trying to get my query to execute without errors. Once it worked, everything seemed great. But I missed an important step: I hadn’t tried to write anything back to the database yet.
This fix corrects the error caused when reading an ftMemo field twice using the Firebird dbExpress driver.
There was no major release since a long time,but the project has always been maintained for 7 years now.
In honor of the new version of Firebird, I decided to release this new version of UIB in 2.5.
There have been many changes to support Unicode for Delphi 2009 to XE.
UIB is optimized to fully exploit Firebird 2.5.
ps: if you don’t know what UIB is , here is the description (archive.org link)
current page for UIB is https://github.com/hgourvest/uib
In part 3 you will learn how to set the dataset’s “SQLs” property to access database tables.In part 4 you will learn howto use autoincrement fields in Firebird and FibPlus
Here are a series of articles about creating native database applications in Delphi for Windows using Firebird and FibPlus for the absolute beginner.
Part one and part two
Here is an article in hebrew about using firebird and lazarus, and google translation is here.
ps: at first from the screenshots i was thinking that is a delphi article 🙂
dbExpress Driver for Firebird version 21 has released. Here are the
4.1.2007.21 / 4.1.2009.21 / 4.1.2010.21 Release on 19 Nov 2009
1. Memory leak occurs when Firebird connection is lost.