firebird_fdw is now available as version 1.3.0.
This release provides following new features:
- support for PostgreSQL 15
- basic support for TRUNCATE (PostgreSQL 14 and later)
- support for batch inserts via COPY (PostgreSQL 14 and later)
and some improvements for existing functionality:
- improved mapping of PostgreSQL server encodings to Firebird
- various fixes and improvements for IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA
This release requires Firebird API wrapper libfq version 0.5.0 or later.
For more details, see: firebird_fdw 1.3.0 released.
A new version is available V220.127.116.11
Visit our Homepage and download the Trialversion:
New release of Firebird driver for Python V1.8.0 is available for download with a few changes.
Mark Rotteveel created a Ticket and Pull Request for Hibernate ORM to improve Firebird dialect with fixes to a number of issues.
Improve Firebird dialect to fix a number of issues:
- Typing of aggregates when using parameters
- Add cast to AVG of integral type
- Quote identifiers starting with an underscore
- Correct inverted version check for Boolean support
- Add or update various supports methods to return correct information
- Render datetime literals without using JDBC escape
- Fix rendering of literals with offset at offset 00:00
- Fix rendering of create index statement
- Fix rendering of CASE where all when clauses have a parameter to identify type of result
- Add missing rendering of virtual columns to select list
- Fix rendering of IN against a parameter
Updated a number of tests so they are either passing for Firebird, or ignored for Firebird.
This article is published on the 5th day of Firebird Advent Calendar 2022 https://qiita.com/advent-calendar/2022/firebird
and continues from previus blog from Firebird Advent Calendar 2019 https://nakagami.blog.ss-blog.jp/2019-12-22 (article in Japanese language) .
Elixir’s Firebird driver firebirdex https://hex.pm/packages/firebirdex has some features and bug fixes reported and fixed by @hermanius this year.
– ping() now works https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdex/pull/1
– charset can be specified as connection parameter https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdex/issues/7
– nil conversion error https://github. com/nakagami/firebirdex/pull/2
– tatement after query https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdex/pull/5
– Pending transactions https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdex/issues/6
Thanks to @hermanius for the help.
Meiji Kimura created Firebird Advent Calendar 2022 , there Firebird Japanese community will post articles in each day of Advent period (Anyone can participate even with English articles).
You can check for articles from the previous year for inspiration.