Final release of «Native OLE DB Provider for Firebird v4»
We are very pleased to announce the release of final IBProvider v5.32 with support for Firebird v4.
Some of our users have already appreciated our work and started using IBProvider with FB4, including as a linked MSSQL server.
We are grateful to everyone who helped us.
Special thanks to Marek D., who initiated this process.
General overview of FB4 support in IBProvider
- The direct connection and connection through fbclient.dll are supported
- The 63-symbols object names are supported
- Provider supports the following new datatypes (including arrays):
- NUMERIC on INT128 base
- TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE
- TIME WITH TIME ZONE
- Provider supports two mode for processing time zones:
- Through own algorithms
- Through external library (ICU)
- The support of the following queries was implemented:
- SET DECFLOAT ROUND
- SET DECFLOAT TRAPS
- SET BIND
- Provider executes ALTER SESSION RESET before reusing of the connection. Example
- The new connection initialization properties were added.
In addition to the above, we have significantly improved the existing functionality.
Therefore, it makes sense to upgrade even if you are not yet planning to move to FB4 or are working with InterBase.
With Best Regards, IBProvider Team.