New version of RedExpert 2020.08 has been released.
The main changes:
- the launch of the program and the search for Java have been completely redesigned. Now if Java is not found, it is suggested to specify the path manually or download Java automatically;
- fixed display of system objects (generators, domains and functions that are not defined by the user are not displayed in the main nodes);
- fixed execution of the script containing “execute block”;
- fixed editing procedure with declare variables block;
- removed the type of object while copying the name;
- fixed display of tables if “RDB $ RELATION_TYPE IS NULL”;
- fixed bugs with autoincrement while creating and editing tables;
- other minor fixes.
Download and install the new version.
RED SOFT has added support of Firebird 3 into the Django 2.2 framework.
RED SOFT developer Vasily Yashkov made a pull request which recently has been accepted. Find details and main changes here.
The new version of the driver was successfully tested with Django 2.2.10/2.2.11 and Firebird 3/RedDatabase 3.
If you use Django with Firebird 2.5 or less please try to migrate your database to Firebird 3.0 and test new version of the driver. Now you can install it manually as described in the instruction but follow the news and wait the next release soon.
RedSoft, Platinum Sponsor of Firebird Foundation and contributor of Firebird Project development, has introduced the new major version of the free open-source multi-platform tool for administration and development of Firebird databases: RedExpert v2020.04.1.
The new version introduces:a test data generator, database object dependencies, and many other improvements and bug fixes.
Download here RedExpert installation and binaries.
Join RedExpert development
If you like RedExpert as a tool and as an idea of a free multi-platform high-quality tool for Firebird, and if you have experience as a Java developer or tester, or simply as advanced Firebird user, please join the development effort: RedExpert sources are available in GitHub, please submit your pull-requests there, and send your feedback, bug reports, suggestions, etc to Issues section on GitHub.