Help our community to make LibreOffice 6.2 – which is due in early February – the best release ever! Join our upcoming Bug Hunting Session to identify and help to fix issues:
Ho Ho Ho… One of the Santa’s reindeers told us that we may find a nice Christmas gift in the following days. Firebird 4 Beta 1 should arrive with the replication engine ready for testing! Stay tuned for more news…
A new version is available V18.104.22.168
Visit our Homepage and download the Trialversion:
The PHP project is excited and proud to announce the immediate availability of PHP 7.3.0.
This latest branch of the PHP language and runtime brings new features and even more performance than before!
For more information, see the release announcement at:
We need new maintainers for Firebird SQL Ruby and Active Record drivers
Thank you to the creators and maintainers of the @FirebirdSQL database. After 19 years, my shop has transitioned to @PostgreSQL, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Firebird. Related: https://t.co/8mnOsg0tIg and https://t.co/GJx6gai3wU will need new maintainers.
— Brent, Grumpy Bastard (@brentrowland) December 3, 2018
IBSurgeon is happy to announce the new release of HQbird – advanced Firebird distribution for enterprises, with the following features: native (high-performance and transactions friendly) master-slave replication, improved performance, advanced performance monitoring, automated backups, proper maintenance.
HQbird is 100% compatible with Firebird, it does not require backup/restore to move between HQbird and community Firebird.
This release includes many new features and improvements:
Advanced support of DDL during the replication
- Automatic configuration:
- operative and archive logs are created and registered automatically in replication configuration and Cloud Backup jobs
- Windows installer has the option to install a replica with pre-configured database instance.
- Improved automatic database re-initialization
- The Pool of Execute On External connections now is available in Firebird 3.0 (as it was in 2.5) which included to HQbird – greatly increases stability and speed of Execute On External statements. The pool can be reviewed and controlled by SQL commands
- New monitoring options:
- Performance Summary to see cumulative reads/writes/fetches and SQL Ping to monitor database response
- Detailed information about all temporary files in Firebird
- Indices statistics job now recalculates all indices in AUTO mode (recommended to set it to run once per week)
- Automatic upgrade now is also in Linux installer, as it was in Windows – if you already had HQbird installed, Linux installer will update it correctly without reinstallation
- New context variable indicating is it master or replica RDB$GET_CONTEXT(‘SYSTEM’, ‘REPLICA’)
- Fixes in the interface: icons, sorting order of graphs, etc
Download HQbird 2018 R3 and upgrade your existing version!
If you have a valid Firebird Support Service agreement or active Maintenance subscription, our technicians will contact you to perform the upgrade.
Please note that all licenses are compatible with HQbird 2017 and HQbird 2018.
Also, If you already tried HQbird and need a new trial – please send the request to email@example.com
From today up to 26-November, the Migration Guide to Firebird 3 eBook (PDF version) is being sold for USD 12 instead of USD 16. The promotion is valid only for payments done using Paypal.
If you haven’t moved to Firebird 3 yet, this is a great chance to buy the Migration Guide for a lower price, and save you some hours of headache.
Click here for more information and to buy it online.
[PROMOTION ALREADY ENDED]