sqlalchemy-firebird 0.7.5 is released with a few fixes for Firebird 4
The English version of the Migration Guide to Firebird 4 eBook is now available to everyone who wants to save time and have a smoother migration from an older Firebird version to Firebird 4.
The Guide has 206 pages, and cover several topics including features introduced in Firebird 4, like Time zones, Read Committed Read Consistency isolation, Replication, Decfloat, etc. The eBook is now available in PDF format. A printed version will be made available in Amazon in the near future.
Initially available only in Portuguese, it is the result of a successfull crowdfunding campaign in Brazil, with the participation of +300 people.
Jaybird 4.0.4 has been released.
The following has been changed or fixed since Jaybird 4.0.3:
- Fixed: ResultSet.updateRow() sets fields to null in result set only (jaybird#37)
- New feature: Support for NBackup GUID-based backup and in-place restore (jaybird#672)
- Fixed: Logic error could lead to incorrect logging of “Specified statement was not created by this connection” (jaybird#674)
- Changed: Updated Firebird 4.0 reserved words based on 188.8.131.526 (jaybird#597)
- Fixed: Protocol 15 and 16 had same priority, so Firebird 4.0 might select protocol 15, leading to timeout support not available. (jaybird#676)
Jaybird 4 supports Firebird 2.5 and higher, on Java 7, 8, 11 and 17 (support for Java 17 using the Java 11 version of the driver).
I’m happy to announce that the English version of my newest book, Migration Guide to Firebird 4, will be released in the upcoming weeks. The eBook is already being proofread!
As it already happens with the Migration Guide to FB 3, people will be able to buy the eBook here at FirebirdNews.org and the paper version at Amazon.
Stay tuned to FirebirdNews to be informed when the book is out.
Database .NET v33.4 is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool.
With it you can easily and intuitive manage all database versions of Firebird (1.5~4.0)
(Free for non-commercial and a single executable file without installation)
Major New features and improvements from 32.7 to 33.4:
- Added Bulk Insert mode support for Data Import
- Added Custom Database Type Tab Colors support
- Added Filtering Objects support
- Improved performance of AutoComplete and IntelliSense
- Improved performance of Batch Insert mode
- Improved Asynchronous Processing
- Improved Data Editor and Data Browser
- Improved SQL Editor
- Improved Code Manager
- Improved user experience and user interface
- Improved support of high-DPI displays
- Updated FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient to 184.108.40.206
- Updated the target .NET Framework to 4.7.2
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 11
- …and more
From Marco Cantu blog
A new version of Delphi, version 11 Alexandria, has been released. Yesterday we run a very successful preview/launch webinar, with many attendees a a large number of questions asked (many hundreds, literally). It was a bit exhausting but certainly nice.
Over the coming weeks I’ll go into more details on some of the new features and quality improvements in the product. For the time being, I’m just going to share a series of relevant links (with comments).
Follow the link to read further .
FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for Firebird databases