MWA Software is pleased to announce that release 2.2.0 of IBX for Lazarus is now available for download from mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx. This is an important update to IBX and all users are recommended to upgrade to the new release. Please read the changelog before upgrade.
The main intent behind the release is to add support for the remaining Firebird 3 features (and some from earlier Firebird releases) that were not supported in release 2.1. This includes:
- Support for SQL Statements INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE…RETURNING. The first two cases are now able to update the current row for all TIBCustomDataset descendents including TIBTable, using data returned following a row insert or update.
- INSERT…RETURNING is used to provide support for Firebird “Identity” columns. For example, when used to provide auto-increment primary keys.
- Firebird “Packages” are now supported by TIBStoredProc and by the SQL Component Editors.
- Additional Firebird 3 properties are now supported by TIBDatabaseInfo and by the Services API components (e.g. TIBConfigService).
- Alternative Security Databases are now supported by the Services API Components.
- TIBExtract now supports DDL Grants and triggers on database objects.
- A new IBServices component to support online validation of a database (TIBOnlineValidationService).
- A major new example application (DBAdmin) is now included. This illustrates the use of IBX for Day-to-Day Database Administration tasks including User Management, Backup/Restore and Database Validation and Repair. It is also intended to provided a useable application that users may use directly or incorporate into their own toolsets. It also demonstrates User Management using Firebird 3 virtual tables and SQL statements. Note: this application also requires the standard Lazarus package MemDSLaz.
This release also incorporates recent bug fixes and includes a 33 page guide to the use of IBX for Firebird DBA activities.
IBX for Lazarus may be downloaded from: www.mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx
or by subversion from:
Firebird Extension Library for Ruby 0.9 is released with Firebird 3.0 support after this merge
The Documentation team is proud to announce that the Firebird 3
Developer’s Guide, by Denis Simonov, is now available in English:
This volume consists of chapters that walk through the development of
a simple application for several language platforms, notably Delphi,
Microsoft Entity Framework and MVC.NET (“Model-View-Controller”) for
web applications, PHP and Java with the Spring framework.
Translating this guide from Russian and preparing it for publication
in our library were made possible by a crowd funding campaign last
year. Warm thanks to all of you who contributed.
Firebird Documentation Team
PyFirebirdSql 1.1.0 is released with following changes:
– Firebird4 DecFloat support
– Modify statement allocate, drop treatment
– Add factory parameter in cursor() method.
– Add client process pid and name to op_attach (See the related golang driver change https://github.com/nakagami/firebirdsql/pull/60)
The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.8.2. This is a bugfix release.
The release was built with FPC 3.0.4.
Here is the list of changes for Lazarus and Free Pascal:
Here is the list of fixes for Lazarus 1.8.x:
The release is available for download on SourceForge:
Choose your CPU, OS, distro and then the “Lazarus 1.8.2” directory.
Checksums for the SourceForge files:
For people who are blocked by SF, the Lazarus releases from SourceForge are mirrored at:
and later at (after some time for synchronization)
DBMS migration in LibreOffice continues with HSQLDB binary import
Avalerion for Firebird 3.0.3 is available for download.
I’m proud to announce a new update to my Migration Guide to Firebird 3 eBook! The changes in revision 1.20 are mostly concentrated in the chapters about Connecting to Firebird 3 using an old client library, Testing application’s queries, Jaybird, .NET Provider and the two new sections about permissions for creating databases and for generators and exceptions.
In the next days, all those who already bought the eBook will receive an email with instructions about how to download the new revision.
The printed version
will also get updated asap is already updated to 1.20. Those who already bought the printed book (rev 1.02) can email me to receive a PDF with the changes.
Click here for more information and to buy the eBook.
IBSurgeon is offering 10% discount on the HQBird Standard to all buyers of the eBook. More information here.
DJFirebirdSQL is a Django firebird database backend using pure python driver pyfirebirdsql (Work in progress)
Firebird 3.0.3 Binary kits for MacOS on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms are immediately available for download