For fans only:
For the first time, we managed to perform all IBProvider system tests applicable to Firebird v3 in one run. This took 26 days and a ten-core processor.
Full note text: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_181010.html
Firebird 3.0.4 MacOSX builds are now available.
News via ibphoenix
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.4 — the 4th point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers many bug fixes and also adds a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms are immediately available for download, Mac OS kits will follow shortly.
Please note that some of the changes includes a new ODS minor version (12.2) for some platforms (Windows and Intel Linux will keeps using 12.0) and a new parameter Srp256 (SHA-256) for AuthClient and AuthServer. Be sure to read the release notes to be aware of all the improvements and bugfixes.
Still using an old Firebird version? Migrate now and don’t forget to read my Migration Guide to Firebird 3 to save you a few hours of headache.
We have released an update of IBProvider, which has the solution for error with code 8152 of MS SQL Linked Server.
Short annotation of this problem – MS SQL has the problem with processing of object descriptions in metadata schemas.
New provider allows you do not publish object descriptions in schemas.
You may turn off publication of object descriptions to speed up the process of loading metadata schemas as a whole.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.5.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.5 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBManager does not accept page size of 32768 (Firebird 4 and higher) (JDBC-468)
- Fixed: Jaybird cannot parse Firebird version numbers with revisions (JDBC-534)
- Fixed: Incorrect parsing of Firebird version numbers (JDBC-535)
- New feature: Added support for the Srp256 authentication plugin (JDBC-536)
- Fixed: Incorrect warning “Specified statement was not created by this connection” logged for statements that fail with an exception on prepare (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Remote close of event channel (eg on Firebird server stop or crash) leads to high CPU usage and excessive error logging as socket channel is not removed from selector (JDBC-542)
- Fixed: Properties
dbCryptConfig not available on
- Documentation: wire protocol encryption requires unlimited strength Cryptographic Jurisdiction Policy (or equivalent), this was previously not documented (JDBC-545)
See the Jaybird 3.0.5 release notes for more information. Jaybird 3.0.5 can be downloaded from the JDBC Driver page.
The report of the 15th Firebird Developers Day conference, due in Brazil at August, 18 2018 is now published, both in English and Portuguese.
Check it out and get to know the biggest Firebird conference in the world!
If you installed Firebird ADO.NET provider 184.108.40.206 and EntityFramework.Firebird from nuget you also need to add the DDEX provider for Firebird into Visual Studio 2017 following these steps.
DBeaver – a really useful, general purpose, and free SQL editor with Firebird support
We glad to inform you about news of IBProvider [Native OLE DB Provider for InterBase and Firebird] development cycle.
- A support of Firebird 3.0.4 improved
- A code optimization performed
Link to latest press-release: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180905.html
IBProvider and «Registration Free COM»
We wrote a new document about usage IBProvider without registration in Windows registry: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/documentation/ibprovider-and-registration_free_com.html.
Recommended for reading to everyone who distributes IBProvider as part of own applications.
With Best Regards,