Here is the first episode of the Developers.Pub series of interviews.
Firebird 2.5 Language Reference is Migrated to AsciiDoc
MWA Software is pleased to announce that release 2.3.4 of IBX for Lazarus is now available for download from https://mwasoftware.co.uk/ibx.
This is the first update in over a year and provides a consolidated set of minor bug fixes. The changelog for IBX itself is available from here and the changelog for the Firebird Pascal API is available from here.
The next release of IBX should be available in the near future and will focus on support for the forthcoming Firebird 4. It will provide support for the new Firebird data types including TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE and extended precision numerics (DecFloat).
For the Portuguese speakers:
Dia 4/junho eu, Carlos H. cantu, participarei de mais uma Live, juntamente com o Alexandre Benson Smith e Marcelo Daibert, para falar sobre o Firebird e as novidades do Firebird 4, além de responder dúvidas dos participantes.
Mais informações e link para inscrição em https://fagoc.br/noticias/firebird-e-o-tema-do-proximo-webinar-da-ciencia-da-computacao-unifagoc
Firebird Editor Pro 5.0.1 is released with the following changes :
Version 5.0.1 (May 25, 2020)
- Fixed AlphaControls
- Fixed lower case object name support
- Fixed options
- Fixed shortcuts
Mark Rotteveel and documentation team migrated the first documents to asciidoc
– Docbuilding Howto
– Docwriting Guide
ps: Since May/June 2020, the Firebird documentation project has switched to AsciiDoc for its documentation. This section gives a short overview how AsciiDoc is used by the project.
Jaybird 3.0.9 has been released. This release contains the following changes:
- Fixed: changes to the transaction configuration (transaction parameter buffer configuration) of one connection are no longer propagated to other connections with the same connection properties (JDBC-386)
- New feature: Firebird 4 data type bind configuration support (JDBC-603)
- New feature: Jaybird now supports UTF-8 URL encoding for connection properties in the JDBC url. (JDBC-604)
- Fixed: When updating a row through an updatable result set, selected but not updated blob fields were set to NULL (JDBC-623)
Jaybird 3.0 supports Firebird 2.0 and higher, on Java 7, 8, 11 and 14. Basic Java 9 and higher compatibility is provided through the Java 8 version of the driver.
We released new updates of our components for work with Firebird and InterBase:
- IBProvider v5.17
- LCPI ADO.NET Provider for OLE DB v1.20
- LCPI OLE DB Services v1.15
Also we created a new document – Integration Services. Using «LCPI ADO.NET Data Provider for OLE DB» as a data recipient.
Full news text – https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_200522.html
Kind Regards, IBProvider Team.
RED SOFT developer Vasily Yashkov made a pull request which recently has been accepted. Find details and main changes here.
The new version of the driver was successfully tested with Django 2.2.10/2.2.11 and Firebird 3/RedDatabase 3.
If you use Django with Firebird 2.5 or less please try to migrate your database to Firebird 3.0 and test new version of the driver. Now you can install it manually as described in the instruction but follow the news and wait the next release soon.
The new release of our ADO.NET provider optimizes the process of reconnecting to the database. Now OleDbConnection component caches and reuses:
- Class identifier (CLSID) of the OLE DB providers
- Description of OLE DB provider initialization properties
- Processed database connection strings
Kind Regards, IBProvider Team.