Firebird 3.0.10 Docker image is released and the following tags can be used : 3.0, v3.0, v3.0.10
New version of RedDatabase 3.0.9 has been released.
The most significant changes are:
- A “verbose” option has been added to the replication configuration to log detailed information about asynchronous replication operation. RS-70819.
- LDAP error diagnostics have been improved.
- The stability of gfix is improved. RS-71591.
- DefaultDbCachePages default value increased to 1024 for Classic/SuperClassic and to 32768 for Super RS-69307
- Now you do not have to specify option -B O[VERWRITE] in gbak when backing up to FIFO RS-43334
- Temporary tables file is now deleted immediately after closing connections which used temporary tables RS-67781
- Maximum length of ISQL error text increased to 8192 characters. RS-71232.
- Default length of context variables is increased to 8192 characters. RS-71426.
- Ability to connect to ActiveDirectory with an “as is” user name (bind method) without using a service account (LDAPUserDn). RS-71303.
- New LDAPDomain parameter in firebird.conf that allows setting the domain for user authentication in ActiveDirectory and the base for user lookups. RS-71303.
- GSTAT outputs the transaction difference, which determines whether garbage collection is needed RS-56624
- “rotate_log” parameter in trace to rotate log when it reaches “max_log_size” RS-66090
- Support for locking users in Legacy Authentication RS-67826 Note: security database update from previous versions 3.0 with security_database_3.0.9.sql script
- Ability to change COLLATE for “ALTER TABLE <table> ALTER <column> COLLATE <collate>” field RS-67405
- Different connections can now use different temporary table files to reduce their sprawl (SeparateTempTableFiles parameter in firebird.conf) RS-67781
FBJava has been updated to 1.1.18:
- ASM library required for indexing files stored in BLOBs has been added to the distribution. RS-82611.
- Jaybird driver updated to version 3.0.31. RS-74811.
- Unused jna-platform-4.5.0.jar and xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar libraries were removed from the distribution. RS-74811.
- Fixed passing an exception to the client when initializing the JVM
- Debug symbols for FBJava have been added to the distribution. RS-71111.
- Blank lines are not printed to stdout and stderr when it’s disabled by “disable_output” option RS-66433
- The existence of configuration file is checked before reading options RS-67445
- Remove libraries not used by plugin RS-68297
See full list of changes on the download pages:
Open edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Standard edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Enterprise edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Today (July, 5) at 10h (Brasilia Time, GMT -3) there will be a free webinar (in Portuguese) with Alexey Kovyazin introducing the new Full Text Search UDR sponsored by IBSurgeon, for Firebird 3 and 4.
To enhance the Firebird functionality, IBSurgeon has sponsored the development and now released for public use the free open source “IBSurgeon Full Text Search UDR” to perform full text search queries within SQL and PSQL. UDR works with Firebird 3 and 4, for Windows there are ready-to-use binaries, for Linux it is necessary to build the UDR.
The UDR is based on Lucene++ engine, with all the powerful features required for full text search and with very fast performance (build as native C++ library).
The binaries of IBSurgeon Full Text Search UDR, its sources, and documentation are available on GitHub https://github.com/IBSurgeon/lucene_udr
And don’t forget to mark it with star on GitHub!
LibreOffice 7.3.4 is now available, with over 80 bugfixes and compatibility improvements.
Get it here .
The interview I did with Ann Harrison, the mother of Firebird, is about to reach 2.000 views on Youtube! If you didn’t see it yet, watch it now, hit the “like” button and subscribe to the channel! Ann is married to Jim Starkey, the creator of InterBase. She have shared a lot of her memories from the time IB got open sourced and Firebird was born! A must see! The audio is in English with Portuguese subtitles.
Recently we published the source code of IBProvider built-in client for work with Firebird without fbclient.dll.
It supports Firebird from v0.9.4 till v3.0.
It’s a stable and completely tested thing which has worked since 2017.
If you are interested in such things – you are welcome.
Source code of the test system is available, too.
Regards, IBProvider team.
Firebird 3.0.9 and 4.0.1 is now officially available via QNAP’s app store (only for Intel 64Bit systems).
Firebird 3.0.10 can be downloaded via the follow link
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.10 — the latest point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers many bug fixes and also adds a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes.The Firebird Project
Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms are immediately available for download, packages for Mac OS will follow shortly.
- Support for Firebird/RedDatabase 4 type
- Tablespaces support
- Explained plan support for Firebird/RedDatabase 3.0 and higher
- Table related triggers tab and navigation
- Editing objects in the database browser
- Execution of procedures and functions when viewing and editing them
- Ability to place the editor vertically or horizontally
- Search by text in any SQL-field
- Calculating trigger type using bitwise operations
- Reloading of system objects after creating a table via GUI
- Continue data generation when data mismatch error occurs
- Generating SQL for a procedure without parameters
- Reloading the object tree during CREATE OR ALTER and RECREATE operations
- Autocomplete freeze
- Commenting/uncommenting using “CTRL + /”
- Generate name for new connection
- Display in the center of the primary monitor when there are two monitors in Linux systems
- Show connection page without scrollbar
- Generate INSERT queries for DEFAULT fields
Download and install the new version