In support for the people of Ukraine, I’m offering free copies of my Migration Guide to Firebird 3 eBook. The offer is valid from 2 to 13, March.
If you are from Ukraine and want a copy of the eBook, e-mail me (livro [at] firebase.com.br) with your full name and your .ua e-mail. Only emails from Ukraine (.ua) will be accepted (no fake/temporary emails, please).
I really hope this war end as soon as possible to avoid more deaths and destruction! Please take care and try to stay safe!
Attention: Firebird server 3.0.8 or 4.0.1 installed before today’s date are not installable or runnable on QTS > 5.0.0.
We have identified and solved the problem, please install the new version via the following link.
You would like to install Firebird Server 3.0.9 on your QNAP NAS?
You can download the necessary QPKG file from the following link. You will also find a short updated description of how to install it (for free use).
The installation only works on a QNAP NAS with Intel processor on 64 bit basis!
- Edit object button
- Password request dialog if password is empty
- Ability to work with cursors in a procedure
- Downloading updates in the background
- Request for saving data when closing a dialog box
- Displaying tables on Firebird with version less than 2.5
- Generating a function creation request with EXTERNAL NAME
- Inability to set the order of the index fields
- Incorrect display of dependencies
- Wrong generated column edit query when using a domain
- Syntax highlighting in views
- Recognition of object names in queries if they are at the beginning of a string
- Error adding a record with IDENTITY field
- Autocomplete errors in queries with aliases
- Tab-indexing order on connection page
- Wrong error “TABLE is in use” on attempt to remove table
- Error opening browser in Linux
- Index is active by default when created
- Modified the update dialogs
- High CPU load after connect
- DDL command generation error due to case-sensitive identifiers
- Connecting to a database immediately after it is created
- Commit transactions after they have been used
- Re-executing an SQL script without mandatory commit/rollback after a previous run
- Option to set null for string parameters in the parameter dialogue
Download and install the new version.
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.9 — the latest point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers a few important bugfixes, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes.
Binary kits for Windows, Linux and Android platforms are immediately available for download, packages for Mac OS will follow shortly.FirebirdSQL
Firebird 3.0.8 and 4.0.1 is now officially available via QNAP’s app store (only for Intel 64Bit systems).
Alternative download via
dbMigration .NET 15.0 is a simple, easy and intuitive multiple database migration and data synchronization tool,
With it you can easily migrate and synchronize data to Firebird and vice versa without complicated procedures.
(Free for non-commercial and a single executable file without installation)
Major New features and improvements from 14.4 to 15.0:
- Added support for the timeonly data type
- Added support for the Srp256 authentication of Firebird
- Fixed support for Firebird 1.5
- Improved Bulk Insert mode
- Improved Filtering source data and Showing target data
- Improved user experience and user interface
- GetSchemaTable performance improvements
- Updated FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient to 188.8.131.52
- Updated the target .NET Framework to 4.7.2
- …and more
driver, driver-native – 2.4.0
- Feature #115 – Add method Statement.getExecPathText.
- Feature #119 – Implementation of isValid property.
- Feature #121 – Deprecate methods executeReturning* replacing by executeSingleton*.
- Feature #114 – Add support for Visual Studio 2022 build.