The 1st minor update of HQbird 2020 introduces several useful features and important bug fixes:
- New updated HQbird user guide – in PDF and HTML
- HQbird FBDataGuard shows the time on the server in the upper left corner
- HQbird FBDataGuard during the installation automatically generates a name for the HQbird instance using hostname and date, and also set random background color (you can change name and color in the Alerts setup dialog – just click on the server name)
- Updated OpenJDK distribution with HQbird for Windows to support changes in world time zones (Brazil DST, etc)
- Fixed problem with Office365 emails in alerts settings
- Fixed “Foreign key error” problem for several specific situations
- Parameter TempSpaceLogThreshold to track big sortings now has the alias TempCacheLog
- ALTER CONNECTION POOL statements are not replicated anymore
Download HQbird 2020 now
Veja a versão em Português abaixo.
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the general availability of HQbird 2020. HQbird 2020 is the new release of the advanced FirebirdSQL distribution with a lot of new features:
- Multi-thread Sweep, Backup, Restore (in Firebird 2.5 and 3.0, HQbird Enterprise only)
- Sweep – up to 6x faster
- Backup – up to 5x faster
- Restore – up to 2x faster
- Please note: to enable multi-thread features set in firebird.conf parameter MaxParallelWorkers=64 and restart Firebird
- Speed-up heavy reports (up to 5x times) (Firebird 3.0, HQbird Enterprise only)
- Queries with many fields in SELECT and large sorting (GROUP BY, ORDER BY, etc) can automatically use REFETCH plan to gain up to 5x performance
- New parameter in firebird.conf to manage sort behavior
- No changes in applications’ sources/SQLs required
- Encryption Plugin (3.0, HQbird Enterprise only)
- AES256 strong encryption, for Windows and Linux, low penalty on performance
- gbak with encryption support, decrypt low-level tool (for recovery)
- Examples of sources for Delphi, NET, PHP, Java
- Support of encrypted databases in HQbird
- Authentication plugin for transparent Execute Statement On External (3.0, HQbird Enterprise only)
- allows establishing trusted authentication of ESOE without password
- RSA-UDR: sign documents (strings and BLOBs) (3.0, HQbird Enterprise only)
- Public/Private Keys generation
- SQL functions to calculate digest, sign documents and verify the signature
- Enhanced performance monitoring reports (2.5, 3.0)
- Low penalty on performance, easy to schedule
- Top queries reports: time-consuming, frequent, CPU-consuming, disk, etc
- Enhanced silent installation and registration – on Windows
- Automatic upgrades of HQbird: checking and download
- Control Center For Firebird (2.5, 3.0, for subscription customers only)
- Review status of many Firebird servers on the same page
- Notifications about successful backups and critical problems
The detailed description of HQbird 2020 features is available in HQbird User Guide https://ib-aid.com/download/docs/hqbirduserguide2020.pdf
More details: https://ib-aid.com/en/news/hqbird-2020-is-released-now-it-is-simply-the-fastest-firebird/
The existing subscription customers and customers with active maintenance will receive HQbird 2020 automatically in the next few days.
The customers with very recent purchases and customers from Firebird Developers Day 2019 (Brazil) also will receive HQbird 2020.
You can upgrade from any old version of HQbird to HQbird 2020: https://ib-aid.com/en/upgrades-ibsurgeon/
Lançamento do HQbird 2020: Firebird Turbinado
O IBSurgeon tem o prazer de anunciar a disponibilidade geral do HQbird 2020. O HQbird 2020 é o novo lançamento da avançada distribuição do FirebirdSQL com muitos recursos novos:
- Multi-thread sweep, backup, restauração (no Firebird 2.5 e 3.0, apenas no HQbird Enterprise)
- Sweep – até 6x mais rápido
- Backup – até 5x mais rápido
- Restaurar – até 2x mais rápido
- Para ativar os recursos multi-thread configurados no parâmetro firebird.conf MaxParallelWorkers = 64 e reiniciar o Firebird
- Acelere relatórios pesados (até 5x vezes) (Firebird 3.0, apenas HQbird Enterprise)
- As consultas com muitos campos em SELECT e a classificação grande (GROUP BY, ORDER BY, etc) podem usar automaticamente o plano REFETCH para obter desempenho de até 5x
- Novo parâmetro no firebird.conf para gerenciar o comportamento de classificação
- Não são necessárias alterações nas origens / SQL dos aplicativos
- Plug-in de criptografia (3.0, apenas HQbird Enterprise)
- Criptografia forte AES256, para Windows e Linux, baixa penalidade no desempenho
- gbak com suporte à criptografia, descriptografar ferramenta de baixo nível (para recuperação)
- Exemplos de fontes para Delphi, NET, PHP, Java
- Suporte de bancos de dados criptografados no HQbird
- Plug-in de autenticação para declaração de execução transparente no externo (3.0, apenas HQbird Enterprise)
- permite estabelecer autenticação confiável do ESOE sem senha
- RSA-UDR: assinar documentos (strings e BLOBs) (3.0, apenas HQbird Enterprise)
- Geração de chaves públicas / privadas
- Funções SQL para calcular resumo, assinar documentos e verificar a assinatura
- Relatórios aprimorados de monitoramento de desempenho (2.5, 3.0)
- Baixa penalidade no desempenho, fácil de agendar
- Top SQL queries: demorado, frequente, CPU, disco, etc.
- Instalação e registro silenciosos aprimorados – no Windows
- Atualizações automáticas do HQbird: verificação e download
- Centro de Controle para Firebird (2.5, 3.0, apenas para clientes de assinatura)
- Revise o status de muitos servidores Firebird na mesma página
- Notificações sobre backups bem-sucedidos e problemas críticos
A descrição detalhada dos recursos do HQbird 2020 está disponível no Guia do Usuário do HQbird (em Ingles) https://ib-aid.com/download/docs/hqbirduserguide2020.pdf
Os clientes de assinatura existentes e os clientes com manutenção ativa receberão o HQbird 2020 automaticamente nos próximos dias.
Os clientes com compras muito recentes e clientes do Firebird Developers Day 2019 (Brasil) também receberão o HQbird 2020.
Você pode atualizar de qualquer versão antiga do HQbird para o HQbird 2020: https://ib-aid.com/en/upgrades-ibsurgeon/
The new article from IBSurgeon:
A quick estimation of disk speed with verified backup (gbak): https://ib-aid.com/en/articles/disk-speed-measurement-with-backup/
Is your disk subsystem slow or fast? If you are doing regular backups, now you can easily estimate it.
As you probably know, Firebird Conference 2019 will include the practical workshops, and the article “How to track deadlocks in Firebird” is one of the sneaks peeks of the workshop “All About Transactions”, which will be done by Vlad Khorsun, Firebird core developer, and Alexey Kovyazin from IBSurgeon.
To help developers investigate the update conflicts (deadlocks), Firebird puts into error messages the reference to the concurrent transaction – i.e., the transaction where the concurrent update is not yet committed. Together with Trace API, it gives us the ability to track both conflicting operations.
Let’s consider the practical steps on how to do it: read the article “How to track deadlocks in Firebird“.
If you need to convert a very big Firebird 2.5 database to 3.0, or many databases during the short period of time (for example, overnight or during the weekend), you will definitely find useful this article: it describes how to speed up the backup-restore process by 25-30% with stream backup-restore process.
Please read Fast conversion of Firebird 2.5 databases to Firebird 3.0
The minor release of HQbird, the advanced distribution of Firebird for enterprises, is available: 2018R4. The new version contains the following fixes:
- Improved replica initialization sequence under high load.
- Latest patches from Firebird sources, including the patch for tmpwatch problem for 3.0 at CentOS
- Simplifications of the interface for the database replication setup
- Significant changes in Performance Monitoring: now HQbird generates 3 reports (Duration, Frequency, and Summary), and also XLS report with top-consuming applications and statements, with all performance details (fetches, reads, writes, etc). FBPerfMon tool is excluded from HQbird ServerSide, since their functions are mostly covered by extended capabilities of Performance Monitoring.
- Several bug fixes
Download HQbird 2018R4 now!
The new article with the collection of tips and tricks to improve Firebird database performance: 23 More Ways To Speed Up Firebird. The article is based on the appropriate presentation from “Firebird Performance Tour” seminar.
Why “23 more”?
Some of you can remember the article 45 Ways To Speed Up Firebird, which was published in May 2016. Now it is time for some more tips and tricks, mostly based on the experience of optimization and maintenance of the Firebird databases and servers with the high number of connections (1000+).
IBSurgeon is happy to announce the new release of HQbird – advanced Firebird distribution for enterprises, with the following features: native (high-performance and transactions friendly) master-slave replication, improved performance, advanced performance monitoring, automated backups, proper maintenance.
HQbird is 100% compatible with Firebird, it does not require backup/restore to move between HQbird and community Firebird.
This release includes many new features and improvements:
Advanced support of DDL during the replication
- Automatic configuration:
- operative and archive logs are created and registered automatically in replication configuration and Cloud Backup jobs
- Windows installer has the option to install a replica with pre-configured database instance.
- Improved automatic database re-initialization
- The Pool of Execute On External connections now is available in Firebird 3.0 (as it was in 2.5) which included to HQbird – greatly increases stability and speed of Execute On External statements. The pool can be reviewed and controlled by SQL commands
- New monitoring options:
- Performance Summary to see cumulative reads/writes/fetches and SQL Ping to monitor database response
- Detailed information about all temporary files in Firebird
- Indices statistics job now recalculates all indices in AUTO mode (recommended to set it to run once per week)
- Automatic upgrade now is also in Linux installer, as it was in Windows – if you already had HQbird installed, Linux installer will update it correctly without reinstallation
- New context variable indicating is it master or replica RDB$GET_CONTEXT(‘SYSTEM’, ‘REPLICA’)
- Fixes in the interface: icons, sorting order of graphs, etc
Download HQbird 2018 R3 and upgrade your existing version!
If you have a valid Firebird Support Service agreement or active Maintenance subscription, our technicians will contact you to perform the upgrade.
Please note that all licenses are compatible with HQbird 2017 and HQbird 2018.
Also, If you already tried HQbird and need a new trial – please send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Firebird Performance Tour 2019 will take place in Moscow (November 29, 2018), Prague (Dec 4, 2018) and Bad Sassendorf, Germany (Dec 6, 2018).
Firebird Performance Tour will be devoted to the complex parts of SQL queries optimizations and their monitoring.
More details here
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the availability of the new version of Encryption Plugin Framework for Firebird: the fast and easy way to add transparent and strong (AES256) encryption for Firebird databases.
The new version includes the following features:
- Pre-built binaries for Firebird 3.0.3: Windows 32/64 and Linux 32/64
- gbak.exe with encryption of databases and backups.
- Full sources included
- Unlimited license for redistribution with all business applications of your company
- Detailed examples of the implementation in Delphi, PHP, etc
- Implementation support – our engineers will help you to implement and integrate encryption
- (Optional) SQL development tool with the encryption support
Download and try IBSurgeon’s Encryption Plugin for Firebird now!