Firebird Project and IBSurgeon invite Firebird administrators and developers to «Firebird Big Databases» seminar (in Russian). Seminar will take place in Moscow, Russia, October 21, 2015.
Main speakers at seminar are Dmitry Yemanov, lead FirebirdSQL developer, Dmitry Kuzmenko, IBSurgeon and Alexey Kovyazin, IBSurgeon.
The seminar will cover topics of Firebird performance optimization and maintenance of big Firebird databases (>500Gb).
Seminars in Europe are planned, but not yet announced, please stay tuned.
More details and registration is at http://ibase.ru/firebirdtour2016.html (in Russian only).
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the new version of Firebird monitoring, backups and anticorruption tool – FBDataGuard 3.3, which introduces new features and several bugfixes.
Now FBDataGuard monitors lock table and deadlock parameters, which are very important for a good performance for Firebird Classic and SuperClassic architectures. FBDataGuard also gives intelligent suggestions how to change appropriate Firebird configuration parameters to fix encountered problems.
FBDataGuard 3.3 is free for all existing FBDataGuard users, and EUR149/server for new licenses. For companies with many installations of Firebird we offer an ISV unlimited subscription for EUR990/year: an ability to install as many FBDataGuards as needed.
Download FBDataGuard 3.3.
We invite all Firebird developers and administrators to 1-day seminars in the frames of Firebird 2015 Tour. Firebird 2015 Tour is devoted to the SQL performance optimization: SQL plans, queries and database statistics, queries tuning techniques, etc.
Firebird 2015 Tour is organized by IBSurgeon and IBPhoenix, with support of Firebird Developers core team.
Locations and dates of Firebird 2015 Tour (see details in the appropriate sections below):
- April 24 – Seligenstadt, Germany
- May 19 – Prague, Czech Republic
- June 5 – Moscow, Russia
Read more details about Firebird 2015 Tour here: www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-tour-2015/
Only today you have ability to buy any IBSurgeon product for 50% of its regular price.
For example, IBSurgeon Enterprise Pack will cost EUR274.5 instead of EUR 549.
Upgrade to FirstAID for 50 databases – EUR 99.5 instead of EUR 199.
How to buy?
Visit our online Purchase page (http://ib-aid.com/en/purchase-ibsurgeon-firstaid-recovery/), select product, and enter the following coupon code during purchase process:
Have a good weekend!
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the general availability of FBMonLogger 1.5.
IBSurgeon FBMonLogger is a tool to analyse monitoring tables output in Firebird and find problems with slow SQL queries, wrongly designed transactions (long-running transactions, transactions with incorrect isolation level, etc) and identify problematic applications.
More details about FBMonLogger: http://ib-aid.com/en/fbmonlogger/.
FBMonLogger is included into IBSurgeon Optimization Pack, the best toolset to resolve all types of performance problems with Firebird.
IBSurgeon is glad to announce new version of Firebird maintenance, backup and anti-corruption tool FBDataGuard 3.0. New version contains many visual improvements, including completely new web interface with enhanced localization (English, Russian and Brazil Portuguese).
Now FBDataGuard also supports compression of backups up to 12Gb in size. There are also several minor bug fixes.
More details and download: www.ib-aid.com/en/fbdataguard/
Firebird Project invites you to the next “All About Transactions” seminar in the frames of Firebird Tour: next stop in Moscow, June 4, 2014.
More details are here (in Russian): www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebird-tour-moscow/
IBSurgeon is glad to announce the new version of Firebird and InterBase database recovery tool: FirstAID 3.7.
FirstAID 3.7 introduces new approaches in the database recovery and many new features:
- export data from a corrupted database directly to the empty database with the same structure
- borrow metadata from an old good database copy (or FBDataGuard repository) to recover extremely corrupted databases
- faster analysis and recovery of very big databases
- free preview of data in the corrupted databases: what you see is what you [will] get
- 2 levels of recovery: fast in-place fix with FirstAID Direct or thorough export with FirstAID Extractor
- Support of Firebird 1.0-2.5 and InterBase 4.x, 6.x, 7.1, 7.5, 2007, 2009, XE, XE3
- Improved licensing
We recommend upgrading to FirstAID 3.7 for all users of FirstAID 1.0-2.x (users of 3.x have already received upgrades).
Upgrade options are listed here: http://ib-aid.com/products/developer/upgrades
- FirstAID for 5 databases: EUR 99/USD129
- FirstAID for 50 databases: EUR 299/USD399
Links and downloads
Please feel free to ask any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample of FirstAID free data preview:
New version of FBScanner (3.6.1) is released. FBScanner is an unique tool to trace and audit Firebird (1.0 – 2.5) and InterBase (4.0 – XE3) SQL traffic (connections, transactions, queries), it’s very efficient tool for performance optimization and SQL bug tracking.
FBScanner works like a proxy, and enables transparent data capture and analysis:
FBScanner can be used for the following tasks:
- Find queries with bad performance (i.e., slow queries with high prepare and execute times, queries with bad plans)
- Track transactions usage
- Real-time view of connections, users and transactions (connections can be killed)
- Retrospective analysis of SQL traffic
- and more – see presentation here.
FBScanner has 2 licensing options:
- Per server – FBScanner can be used on the single server or computer to track Firebird traffic.
- Unlimited ISV subscription – FBScanner can be installed on any number of computers during the 1 year for use with the specific software application from the single independent software vendor (ISV).
All users of FBScanner 3 already have FBScanner 3.6.1 in IBSurgeon Deploy Center.
User of FBScanner 2.x can upgrade to FBScanner 3.6.1 with 50% discount – please contact email@example.com
Demo version of FBScanner can be found here:
FBScanner Demo version
Please look at the FBScanner User Guide to get more information about its capabilities:
FBScanner User Guide