Performance optimization for repeated queries
New IBProvider v3 has the pool of SQL-queries that stores prepared and created commands and allows substantial time saving with a large number of repeated queries for Firebird.
Support of tables list getting in Delphi in Client Cursor Engine mode
Tables list getting has been brought into compliance with the requirements of dbGo components in Client Cursor Engine mode.
Attention! Special offer!
20 % discount for any IBProvider license is valid for 4 days only.
Please read details here: query pooling in Firebird
GUID type is currently not supported by any Firebird and Interbase server, but it is frequently used by different clients (for example, in ADO Entity Framework).
Boolean type is supported by Interbase starting from 7th version and is not supported by Firebird server. IBProvider can work with this type, but it lacks support from other servers.
New release of IBProvider 126.96.36.19946 supports Guid and Boolean types at driver level, and now you can freely use these types in your applications irrespective of Interbase and Firebird server versions.
Absolutely fresh article of how to with types via IBProvider:
Usage of BOOLEAN and GUID types in Firebird and Interbase.
New IBProvider Professional 188.8.131.5270 version has appeared.
Following changes were implemented:
- Commands cancellation support in Firebird 2.5 and Interbase 6.5.
- Support of new data type SQL_NULL in Firebird 2.5.
- Access to BLOB fields from ADOExpress (dbGo) bug was fixed.
- New implementation of result sets cache.
Detailed release description and code samples of the Firebird 2.5 implemented features available here: IBProvider RC4 184.108.40.20670
Firebird and Interbase users implementing IBProvider drivers in their work last year were the first to take advantage of 64-bit applications. We have produced two more drivers in addition to 64-bit IBProvider v3: IBProvider v2 and IBProvider v1.
Firebird, Interbase and 64-bit MS SQL Linked Server
Due to 64-bit IBProvider v2 driver, 16 versions of Firebird and Interbase are now available for recording on 64-bit Windows OS via MS SQL Linked Server.
64-bit updatable rowsets in ADO
In addition to MS SQL Linked Server, there are many libraries and utilities that support updatable rowsets technology implemented only in IBProvider v2. One of such libraries is ADO library.
64-bit support in ADO and WHS allows to develop 64-bit automation scripts in VBScript language. For example:
- Firebird/Interbase database automated administration scripts;
- scripts for building reports, eporting to Office, XML, sending reports via email;
- database backup, recovery, and replication scripts;
- customizable business logic scripts in 64-bit applications;
With IBProvider drivers, writing of applications for Firebird and Interbase will become an easy and fascinating task.
We have made provision for the most difficult and will gladly share our technologies with you.
Release details on the ibprovider website: Firebird and Interbase driver
New release candidate of IBProvider Professional Edition has appeared. Is the modern driver for access to 16 versions of the Firebrd and Interbase servers.
Improved support of DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) when working with Firebird and Interbase
IBProvider RC4 has the new option of stored procedures calling in Visual Studio 2008 style via ODBC escape sequences. This innovation allows to create queries and TableAdapters based on stored procedures.
Optimized working with named parameters in SQL query text
- Fewer limitations for multiple use of same named parameter in SQL query text
- New algorithm for choosing named parameter data type.
- Some errors of named parameters procession detected via profound testing by exhaustive method have been eliminated.
Metadata schemes and column descriptions (IColumnsRowset) support user encoding
Metadata schemes and IColumnRowset interface now consider user charset . This allows working with metadata in set encoding.
What comes next?
We continuously improve IBProvider and present new options for users with each new release. IBProvider Release Candidate 4
is the last RC of the third version.
We are planning complete substitution of IBProvider v2 functionality in the next IBProvider v3 Release:
- ability to work with updatable rowsets;
- support of data recording via Microsoft SQL Server Linked Server;
Currently IBProvider v2 is the only provider that allows to update data in Firebird and Interbase linked server. Other drivers allow only data reading from source.
IBProvider v3 RC4 is the result of 4-year innovations in data processing. It has implemented a lot of solutions and technologies, which make it completely different from other access components:
- Controllable charsets processor;
- SQL-parser with ODBC Escape Sequences support;
- Support of 16 Firebird and Interbase versions, including Firebird 2.5 and Interbase 2009;
- Automatic configuring for database server;
- Ability to work on 64-bit platforms;
Combination of these two drivers will give our clients another competitive advantage for quick development of quality Firebird and Interbase applications.
Source: Firebird driver press release
« Hide it
New IBProvider v.220.127.116.1100 RC3
- All the detected problems that prevented comprehensive work with Firebird and Interbase from UNICODE applications have been eliminated.
- Supports charset markers in SQL queries.
- Supports exclusions processing when working with Interbase and Firebird via ADODB.
- Supports working with database object names containing national symbols for connections with NONE charset.
- Enhanced work with metadata schemes when working with database via NONE charset.
- Advanced testing allowed detection and elimination of errors.
- ISO8859_15 charset support.
Please read details on the Firebird driver homepage.
Changes in IBProvider v2 (build 2.6.06.2688)
- Addition of UTF-8 charset support
- Loading of charset information for COLUMN and PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS metadata schemes from system tables.
Changes in IBProvider v3 (build 18.104.22.16827 RC3)
New IBProvider v3 offers the brand new method for working with text data charsets:
- We added ctype_user property that allows setting the encoding of data coming to client irrespective of the encoding in which this data is coming from database server.
- New algorithms of BLOB fields converting provide for quick work with flowing data, optimization of interaction with ICU library.
- We added ctype_none property that allows setting the charset for working with text data in NONE encoding.
- Other important changes.
- Support of Firebird and Interbase charsets aliases.
See detailed information on working with new character set processor in Firebird and Interbase character sets.
Text columns size in Firebird 2.X
IBProvider started to control text columns size when working with Firebird 2 servers in Unicode mode. If the length of loaded data exceeds the text column size the exclusion will be generated.
The new article was published: Working with Firebird and Interbase from Delphi using IBPRovider and dbGo components.
Table of content:
- TADOConnection component
- TADOTable component
- TADODataSet component
- Sending changes to database – updatable rowsets technology
- Client and server cursors
- What provider to choose?
- TADOQuery component
- SQL-queries with parameters
- TADOStoredProc component
- TADOCommand component
The new IBProvider version:
Read details on: Firebird driver news channel
IBProvider announce the artcile: Start working with Firebird
Table of content:
What is Firebird SQL Server?
What Firebird version to choose?
Firebird installation: choosing server type
Firebird Super Server
Firebird Classic Server
If it is difficult to choose
Start working with Firebird
New Firebird database creation
SYSDBA User. Changing default password
Connection to Firebird from client’s application
Firebird and VBScript, Visual Basic, VBA
Firebird and Delphi
Firebird and .Net
Firebird and C++
Firebird database editing
The List of Firebird administration utilities
Original manual: Firebird