If you have ever worked with Firebird or Interbase using the standard .NET provider for OLE DB (System.Data.OleDb), you will have likely encountered issues like this:
- The necessity to add ALL parameters manually.
- Even though the OLE DB provider supports parameter generation for commands, the .NET provider doesn’t use it, so you as the programmer must do that work on your own.
- The lack of support for named parameters. Although they actually exist, using them in reality requires a whole set of complex manipulations (the steps needed to add a parameter to a collection, etc.).
- The impossibility of using multiple DataReader objects at the same time (Multiple Active Result Sets).
- No execution of SQL scripts which contain several SQL expressions per command. This list of difficulties a .NET developer has to deal with is far from complete. Now it’s all different in a fundamentally new .NET Data Provider for OLE DB
We are continuing to actively add new functionality of Firebird 3 DBMS to IBProvider.
Let us remind you that already 2 months ago we added support of BOOLEAN data type from Firebird 3. In the new version of IBProvider Professional, we added support of PACKAGE instruction.
Now you can put in order a bulk of database procedures and functions and group them by sense into individual modules (PACKAGE). This arrangement will substantially simplify understanding and maintenance of SQL code.
Ream more about Firebird 3 access improvements.
4 key distinctions of the new IBProvider v3.4 that make your applications faster:
- Possibility to abort lengthy loading of resulting rowsets in SQL scripts.
- Control and adjustment at your own discretion of deferred data loading.
- Accelerated work with BLOB fields and arrays in updatable rowsets.
- Background garbage collector became multithreaded.
Please read details here: Firebird driver become faster
Do you want to enable execution of SQL scripts in your programs and spend less time for exhausting coding?
Do you want to create a table, a generator and a trigger, to add data to the table, to make data selection and then to delete all this in one command? For example:
set autoddl on;
create generator GEN_ID_TEST_TABLE;
create table TEST_TABLE (ID INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,TEXT BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT);
create trigger BI_TEST_TABLE for TEST_TABLE
if(NEW.ID IS NULL) then NEW.ID=GEN_ID(GEN_ID_TEST_TABLE,1);
insert into TEST_TABLE (text) values('record 1');
insert into TEST_TABLE (text) values('record 2');
set term !!;
select * from TEST_TABLE!!
set terminator ;!!
set autoddl off;
drop table TEST_TABLE;
drop generator GEN_ID_TEST_TABLE;
Now it is possible with new IBProvider! IBProvider v.188.8.131.5217 allows to run a command with several SQL queries (SQL scripts).
Read more right now:
Know how to add execution of SQL-scripts for Firebird and Interbase in your programs!
Have you ever lost microseconds when working with the type TIME?
Definitely, if you have ever tried to use them. In the previous versions of IBProvider, time was stored in OLE DB structure of DBTYPE_DBTIME type that does not support fractions of a second.
In the new IBProvider version, time data types have been improved. The new properties dbtime_rules and dbtimestamp_rules allow to set time storage not only in DBTIME/DBTIMESTAMP but also in WSTR and in the new type of MS SQL 2008 – DBTIME2 without losing milliseconds.
Please, read more and download new IBProvider Professional right now: Download Firebird OLE DB driver.
Today we are (IBProvider team) overwhelmingly happy because we have finally released the final build of the 3rd version of IBProvider.
Is it possible to write a similar database driver?
Of course, you can write it! All you need is a strong desire and 7 years of free time. Exactly the same time it took us to write the third version of IBProvider.
Please read about development results here and download new Firebird driver here:
Firebird driver developers results
Regards, IBProvider Team.
In the new article we describe a new feature of IBProvider – supporting ADOX.Library.
There are 2 examples on Visual C# and VBScript which describe how to create Firebird database using ADODB Extensions.
See details here:
Create Firebird or Interbase database (ADOX, Visual C# .NET, VBScript)
New IBProvider 184.108.40.20622 RC4 release appeared.
Please visit IBProvider official site and get your new driver version and find more examples for new release: Firebird driver – 220.127.116.1122 RC4.
Would you like to know how to avoid error messages like ‘arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string truncation’? in Firebird DBMS?
Please read related article here:
Three Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to the New IBProvider
New version of IBProvider is now available. The new release:
- Use Unicode Windows API for national alphabet.
- Has an improved compatibility with SharePoint Designer.
- Errors in the type converter have been eliminated.
Be quick to get a free license for IBProvider Professional
Quite recently, Firebird 2.5 Release Candidate 2 appeared. During regular IBProvider testing with new FB2.5 SuperClassic (RC2), we revealed a problem in the server: page 14194, page type 5 lock conversion denied (215).
The first person who publishes the reproduced example at our forum will be awarded with a free license for IBProvider Professional 64 bits Single Developer!