Release of “LCPI ADO.NET data provider for OLE DB” v1.1 includes the new DDEX provider (v2) for Visual Studio 2017.
Main features of new DDEX provider
- Based on a new object model (v2), like standard DDEX providers for MSSQL and Oracle
- Packed in VSIX installer
Database .NET 22.2 is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool. (Full support for Firebird 1.5~4.0+)
http://fishcodelib.com/Database.htm (Change Log 2017/06/19)
dbMigration .NET 5.8 is a simple, easy and intuitive multiple database migration and data synchronization tool, With it you can easily migrate schema and data to Firebird and vice versa.
http://fishcodelib.com/DBMigration.htm (Change Log 2017/06/19)
- Added support for Firebird 4 alpha (SQL SECURITY, GENERATED ALWAYS IDENTITY, INCREMENT BY..etc)
- Added managing and migrating different versions of Firebird with Embedded Server
- Added Grant Manager for Firebird 1.5
- Fixed support for Firebird 1.5.x
- Fixed connecting a remote and a embedded Firebird without installing a local Firebird server.
HQbird 2017R2 is a major upgrade of advanced Firebird distributive (versions 2.5 and 3.0) with high-availability, replication, optimization, monitoring and recovery tools. Please upgrade the previous version of HQbird with 2017R2 (this upgrade is free for all users of HQbird).
This release includes a lot of improvements in replication, monitoring, and optimization, as well as many bugfixes. Windows installer now supports an automatic upgrade of the existing HQbird installation, Linux support for auto-upgrade will be released later.
The main goal of HQbird 2017R2 is to provide administrators and developers of big Firebird databases with effective management, maintenance, recovery, and optimization tools, in order to keep databases always healthy and available.
More details about HQbird: https://ib-aid.com/hqbird
Jaybird 3.0.1 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBTraceManager.loadConfigurationFromFilestrips line breaks (JDBC-493)
FBDatabaseMetaData.getTablesdoes not list tables where
- Improvement: Character sets are now initialized lazily (JDBC-495)
- Fixed: Memory leak caused by retaining blob handles until connection close (JDBC-497)
Free software is suffering because coders don’t know how to write documentation
Interesting article (read it here). As much important as the “source code documentation” is the documentation for the users. Firebird suffered from the lack of official documentation for a long time. This is being fixed, and you can help right now, contributing to the newest doc crowdfunding from the Project.
Database .NET v22 is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool.
(Full support for Firebird 1.5~3.0+)
- Updated to FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.dll 18.104.22.168
- Added support for Asynchronous connection open
- Added creating remote databases for Firebird
- Added preserving NULL values by Exporting and Importing delimited text files
- Added generating Delimited text files by Script Generator
- Fixed displaying Function objects for Firebird 1.5.x
- Many more improvements and bug fixes
- …and more
Sorry, this is just for Brazilians…
O site do 14º Firebird Developers Day está no ar, e as inscrições estão abertas! A grade de palestras está quase completa, e pode ser vista diretamente no site. Lembrando que o valor da inscrição aumenta com a proximidade do evento, então inscreva-se o quanto antes e economize!