|The site of the Firebird Developers Day’s 10th edition is now up and running. Interested people can already subscribe on-line to the conference.Spread the news and come to comemorate the 10th anniversary of the biggest Firebird Conference in the world.
PS: FDD is a Brazilian conference for the Portuguese speakers community.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 2.2.3.
See http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/jdbc-driver/ for the downloadlinks.
The release is also available on maven:
The artifactId depends on your target Java version: jaybird-jdk15, jaybird-jdk16 or jaybird-jdk17.
The following has been changed or fixed in Jaybird 2.2.3:
- Fixed incorrect synchronization in native and embedded protocol (JNI) implementation for iscBlobInfo and iscSeekBlob (JDBC-300)
- Fixed holdable ResultSet is closed on auto-commit (JDBC-304, JDBC-305)
- Fixed table names missing or padded with spaces in Database view of IntelliJ IDEA (JDBC-308, IDEA-100786)
- Fixed incorrect JDBC minor version reported under Java 7; this resulted in an incorrect column name (for Java 7) in the metadata of DatabaseMetaData.getColumns(…) (JDBC-309)
- Added IOException to cause of GDSException with error 335544721; “Unable to complete network request to host “”” for further investigation (JDBC-306)
More details are available in the Jaybird 2.2.3 releasenotes.
Ladies and Gentlemen!
Microtec Communications is pleased to announce a new release of CopyCat,
version 3.04.0! You will find the full list of changes at the end of
this email. This release also includes the changes from version 3.03.0,
which had not been made publicly available till now.
CopyCat is a Delphi / C++Builder component set encapsulating a database
replication engine for Interbase, Firebird, MS SQL Server, MySQL and
SQLite. Using CopyCat, you can replicate heterogenously between all the
above database types, over various transport systems (direct DB
connection, XMLRPC, or RTC), on various platforms : Delphi/MS Windows
for the client side, server side implemented in Delphi, in Java, in PHP
(only for MySQL) and in Objective-C on iOS (only for SQLite).
CopyCat is a robust replication engine that has been in production use
since 2004. Go to our site at http://www.copycat.fr to find out more!
Below is the list of changes in the new release.
CopyCat v3.04.0 (4th of April 2013)
- Fixed a bug whereby empty string values were sometimes changed
- FIBPlus connector : improved recovery after connection loss :
sometimes connection would not resume correctly after network error was
- CopyCat now checks the number of rows affected by either the
update or insert into the destination database and raises an error if
ever neither the update nor the insert was successful.
CopyCat V3.03.0 (1st of August 2012)
- New database adaptor for SQLite
- XMLRPC server and CopyCat transport server for iOS (written in
objective-C, compatible with Delphi CopyCat XMLRPC transports.
- Added AutoCommit property on client transport. Setting
autocommit optimizes communication by not explicitly starting nor ending
transactions. This implies that the server side must automatically
commit after executying every query.
- Added property EncodeStringsAsBase64 to TCcRtcClientTransport
- Added parameters TableName and Fields to OnRowReplicated
event, allowing to access the table name of the row just replicated, as
well as the values of the fields transfered.
- Added parameters ReplicateRow and AbortAndTryLater to the
OnRowReplicating event. If ReplicateRow is set to false, the row is not
replicated and the row is discarded from RPL$LOG. If AbortAndTryLater is
set to true, replication of the row is aborted, and will be tried again
next replication cycle (ie, the row is left in RPL$LOG).
- Renamed OnAbort event OnReplicationAborted. It it called only
when replication is explicitly aborted via the AbortReplication method
or by setting CanContinue to false in the OnReplicationError event.
- Added property TrimCharFields. If set to True, TCcReplicator
will trim all char, varchar or memo fields that are read from the source
database before replicating them to the destination database.
- Added multi-configuration abilities. This means that multiple
replication configurations can be created for the same database,
allowing separate lists of tables, replication conditions, and
replication nodes to be configured independantly from each other.
- You can now define replication configuration at design time,
using the new Tables property. Double-clicking on this property allows
you to define the list of tables to replicate for the current
configuration (defined by the ConfigName property), along with the
conditions for each, as well as the list of nodes to replicate towards
(corresponding to the RPL$USERS table). You can then roll out this
configuration at run time by calling the GenerateConfig property. This
will create triggers for all the tables defined in your configuration,
or recreate them if any of the configuration options has changed. If you
want to define several replication configurations, then you need one
TCcConfig instance for each configuration.
- New IncludedFields property in the Tables list allows you to
specify the list of fields to include in the replication triggers. This
means that the change will only be logged for replication (in RPL$LOG)
if at least one of the included fields has changed. Thus empty updates
or updates of fields that are of no interest to the replication config
can be excluded, thereby lightening the replication load. If no
IncludedFields are set, the default is to include all fields, as before.
- New IncludedFields property in the Tables list allows you to
set a list of fields to exclude from the replication triggers. This is
just a shortcut for adding all but the fields specified to the
- New procedure RPL$FORCE_REPL allows to force replication of a
certain set of rows, within the context of a certain config. This can be
useful when the IncludedFields property is used.
- Added multiple data types in order to handle all the new
TDataType values. This fixes a bug that occured with some Firebird
dialect 3 datatypes, when replicating over XMLRPC or RTC transports.
|Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next
version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool:
” Database Workbench 4.4.0 Pro ”
For more information, see here.
This version includes small new features, enhancements and fixes for issues as reported by our users.
- improved SQL Insight
- improved stored routine debugging
- improved Unicode support
And much more: click here for the full list of changes in v4.4.0
The free Lite Editions will be released later.
Database Workbench supports:
- Borland InterBase (6.x – XE )
- Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x )
- MS SQL Server/MSDE ( 7, 2000, 2005, 2008, MSDE 1 & 2, SQL Express )
- MySQL 4.x, 5.x
- Oracle Database ( 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g )
- Sybase SQL Anywhere ( 9, 10, 11 and 12 )
- NexusDB ( 3.0 and up )
You like this news? Twitter it! Share it! Blog about it!
If you want to promote and blog about Database Workbench, send us an e-mail for a free license.
The PHP development team announces the release of the 3rd beta of PHP 5.5.0. This release fixes some bugs against beta 2.
PHP 5.5.0beta3 is shipped with some bug fixes and improvements. Here is an incomplete list:
- Drop support for bison < 2.4 when building PHP from GIT source.
- Fixed bug #54567 (DateTimeZone serialize/unserialize)
- Fixed bug #64555 (foreach no longer copies keys if they are interned)
- Fixed bug #64578 (debug_backtrace in set_error_handler corrupts zend heap)
You can read the full list of changes in the NEWS file contained in the release archive.
Our next beta is expected for April 25th. RC should follow.
Thank you for supporting PHP
The manual for isql has been hugely updated, tidied up and is now online at
http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/html/isql.html for the html and at http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/Firebird-isql.pdf for the pdf version.
If you get an older version that document 0.5 then the cache needs to be flushed.
It’s still not fully complete, but it’s a lot further down the line than before.
Dunbar IT Consultants Ltd
Thank you Norman, for the excellent work!
Database .NET is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool. You can Browse objects, Design tables, Edit rows, Export data and Run queries with a consistent interface.
- What’s New (2013/04/08)
- Added User-Defined Data Types(Domains) support
- Added Goto Line and Goto Row support
- Added support for Jump list and Overlay Icons
- Added Value for Top <n> Rows command
- Added XML Editor
- …and more.
You’re welcome to download the Database .NET v4 right now at:
It is Free, Portable, All-In-One, Easy to Use and Multlanguage.
Supported Platforms: Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012 (x86/x64)
Alessandro Batisti announced new version of FenixSQL (simple multiplatform admin tool for Firebird developed with Firebird Library and released under GPL License and produced with Lazarus ide)
Code and download page is located on google code and main page is here