Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 2.5.7 — the latest minor release in the Firebird 2.5 series.
This sub-release introduces several bug fixes (including fix for a recently reported security vulnerability) and a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. Binary kits for Windows and Linux on both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms are immediately available for download. Binary kits for Mac OS X will follow shortly.
Marco Cantu wrote on his blog :
To celebrate another year of success for Delphi. I dug a bit in my archive. Here are a few old images, mostly ads from Borland, before and after the product release.
It is interesting to notice how the original business value (increased productivity for developers) is still true today with a totally changed landscape, mobile, and all. We could re-use some of the original ads, as they make sense today. The other things I noticed is that most of the other tools that were popular back than, have long been forgotten. Delphi, on the other hand, is still popular.
FDB Python driver for Firebird v1.7 is available for download.
* (PYFB-66) – Port parameter for connect and create_database is not used
* (PYFB-69) – Can not connect to FB services if set ISC_USER & ISC_PASSWORD by os.environ[…]
* (PYFB-70) – executemany(operation, seq_of_parameters) appears to run slower than it should
* Number of fixes to DDL generators in schema module
* Added support for Filter and BackupHistory in schema module.
* Added DDL scripts generator get_metadata_ddl().
We made the next step for improving of our OLEDB/ADODB/.NET data provider for Firebird and InterBase.
Brief review of changes in new version:
- Removed deprecated features
- Improved steadiness to incorrect configuration of connection
- Added a new feature for error processing [by customer request]
And, of course, new release has passed through load and functional tests. So it is ready for usage in production environment without any unpleasant surprises.
Full news text: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_170210.html
Download page: http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/download.html
For getting a Free edition of provider need create an account at our web site: http://www.ibprovider.com/customer/register.php?lang=1
Hello!Just passing to inform that Firebird chocolatey packages are now ready for public usage. :)As easy aschoco install firebird -yto install Firebird 3.0.1 SuperServer.There’s also support for 2.1 and 2.5 releases. As well for Classic and SuperClassic installs.More info at:Best regards!F.D.Castel