News from Mark Rotteveel : The Jaybird code repository has been migrated from CVS to Subversion.
The code is now available from
It can also be viewed from
Is there any way to set socket timeouts?
Roman Rokytskyy answered :
-Yes, the property is called so_timeout and is directly passed when the socket is opened (see Socket.setSoTimeout documentation). You can append the property to the JDBC URL after question mark:
– I have added this feature on request for some very special case. In general you don’t need this property, since the server is not supposed to crash and the network is not supposed to break as well, at least not for database applications. So, the solution is to solve the crash, not to add a workaround for it.
ps: soon it will be added to documentation
Web-based Squirrel SQL client. It allows you to view database structure, import/export and manage your databases, including create database, table, store procedure, view,trigger and user. it supports Firebird
On devshed firebird forum someone asked if anyone used SchemaSpy with firebird , and later he got it working , here is the command line option (after installing jaybird.jar)
1) Download the ZIP file for jaybird
2) unzip it
3) Copy the file jaybird-full-2.1.6.jar into a convenient directory
4) specify the full path to the .jar file when starting schema spy
java -jar /home/java/schemaSpy_5.0.0.jar -t firebird -db /var/lib/firebird/2.1/data/employee.fdb -s schema -u SYSDBA -p ******* -o /home/firebird/ -port 3050 -host localhost -dp /home/user/jaybird-full-2.1.6.jar
ps:that is a single line
Here is the Jaspersoft configuration howto guide with screenshots (in Portuguese)
I’ve created in Hebrew few tips on how to work with JayBird in Java and JRuby using Firebird. Links for the (google) translated versions:http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fidkn.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F05%2F17%2Ftip-for-myself-jruby-firebird-events%2F&sl=iw&tl=en
A new release of the Firebird Eclipse plugin is available on
Bugfix and ‘less-is-more’ release
* Code cleanup
* More delegation to standard DTP implementation
* Sourcecode added to distribution
* Now all stored procedures are shown
* Numeric fields are shown correctly in ‘Data > Edit’ (tested in
Eclipse 3.5 / DTP 1.7)
* Stored procedures code should be correct (unverified)
* Trigger code is loaded
* Menu ‘Sample contents’ now works correctly
* (slightly) tested on Eclipse 3.5 / DTP 1.7, untested on Eclipse
3.4 / DTP 1.6
* Some datatypes introduced in Firebird 2.1 might not work correctly
* DDL for sequence/generators cannot be shown yet
* Some formatting issues with ‘Export DDL’ (especially for triggers)
* Due to changes it is possible that some exceptions occur
(especially on the ‘SQL Results’ tab with previous queries); fix by
removing all previous results or removing Firebird specific results
JbConsole is a Firebird console tool. I have tested with Jython 2.5b3 and Jaybird 2.1.6 .
(java 1.6 on Windows XP and java 1.5 on OS X 10.5)
It’s still toy level, but it seems to be sample implementation of Jaybird and Jython.
See the screen shot
ED:Translated with google , I like his words about Jython
Swing and Java (JVM) I fast. 驚いた。 I was surprised.