Web-based Squirrel SQL client. It allows you to view database structure, import/export and manage your databases, including create database, table, store procedure, view,trigger and user. it supports Firebird
On devshed firebird forum someone asked if anyone used SchemaSpy with firebird , and later he got it working , here is the command line option (after installing jaybird.jar)
1) Download the ZIP file for jaybird
2) unzip it
3) Copy the file jaybird-full-2.1.6.jar into a convenient directory
4) specify the full path to the .jar file when starting schema spy
java -jar /home/java/schemaSpy_5.0.0.jar -t firebird -db /var/lib/firebird/2.1/data/employee.fdb -s schema -u SYSDBA -p ******* -o /home/firebird/ -port 3050 -host localhost -dp /home/user/jaybird-full-2.1.6.jar
ps:that is a single line
Here is the Jaspersoft configuration howto guide with screenshots (in Portuguese)
I’ve created in Hebrew few tips on how to work with JayBird in Java and JRuby using Firebird. Links for the (google) translated versions:http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fidkn.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F05%2F17%2Ftip-for-myself-jruby-firebird-events%2F&sl=iw&tl=en
A new release of the Firebird Eclipse plugin is available on
Bugfix and ‘less-is-more’ release
* Code cleanup
* More delegation to standard DTP implementation
* Sourcecode added to distribution
* Now all stored procedures are shown
* Numeric fields are shown correctly in ‘Data > Edit’ (tested in
Eclipse 3.5 / DTP 1.7)
* Stored procedures code should be correct (unverified)
* Trigger code is loaded
* Menu ‘Sample contents’ now works correctly
* (slightly) tested on Eclipse 3.5 / DTP 1.7, untested on Eclipse
3.4 / DTP 1.6
* Some datatypes introduced in Firebird 2.1 might not work correctly
* DDL for sequence/generators cannot be shown yet
* Some formatting issues with ‘Export DDL’ (especially for triggers)
* Due to changes it is possible that some exceptions occur
(especially on the ‘SQL Results’ tab with previous queries); fix by
removing all previous results or removing Firebird specific results
JbConsole is a Firebird console tool. I have tested with Jython 2.5b3 and Jaybird 2.1.6 .
(java 1.6 on Windows XP and java 1.5 on OS X 10.5)
It’s still toy level, but it seems to be sample implementation of Jaybird and Jython.
See the screen shot
ED:Translated with google , I like his words about Jython
Swing and Java (JVM) I fast. 驚いた。 I was surprised.
I was looking for some tutorial about configuring Squirrel SQL (http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/) to connect to firebird database and unfortunately i couldn’t find one . So when i finally managed to connect, i thought of publishing the steps in my log so that it could be useful to some one else.
Configuring Squirrel Sql to connect to firebird was much easier than i thought.
Jaybird 2.1.2 is released. It is a bugfix release that targets two main issues, JDK 6.0 compatibility and support for INSERT…RETURNING statements. More info at the JDBC Driver page.