Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-1 available for testing
The first beta for Jaybird 4 is available for testing.
We’d really appreciate it if you take the time to test this version of Jaybird with your applications. Bug reports about undocumented changes in behavior are appreciated. Feedback can be sent to the Firebird-java mailing list or reported on the issue tracker http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC.
Jaybird 4 is – compared to Jaybird 3 – an incremental release that builds on the foundations of Jaybird 3. The focus of this release has been on further improving JDBC support and adding support for the new data types and features of Firebird 4.
The main new features are:
- Wire encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Database encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Authentication plugin improvements
- Firebird 4 DECFLOAT support
- Firebird 4 extended numeric precision support
- Firebird 4 time zone support
- JDBC RowId support
- JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getPseudoColumns implemented
- JDBC DatabaseMetaData.getVersionColumns implemented
- Improved JDBC function escape support
- New JDBC protocol prefix jdbc:firebird:
- Generated keys support improvements
Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-1 is for testing purposes only, and not intended for production use.