Jaybird 3.0.6 released
We are happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.6.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.6 contains the following fixes and changes:
- Fixed: Exceptions during fetch of cached result sets (holdable over commit, scrollable and metadata) prevented prepared statement reuse/re-execute with error “Statement state CURSOR_OPEN only allows next states [CLOSING, PREPARED, ERROR], received EXECUTING” (JDBC-531)
- Improvement: Added FBManager.setDefaultCharacterSet to set default database character set during database creation (JDBC-541)
- New feature: Support for Firebird 3 case sensitive user names (JDBC-549)
- Fixed: Savepoints did not work in connection dialect 1 as savepoint names were always quoted (JDBC-556)
- Changed: The DatabaseMetaData statement cache introduced in Jaybird 3 was unlimited, it is now limited to 12 prepared statements; the least recently used statement will be closed and removed when a new statement is added (JDBC-557)
- Fixed: UPDATE OR INSERT with existing RETURNING clause handled incorrectly for generated keys (JDBC-566)
- Fixed: Exceptions during initialization of result sets would not properly close the database cursor leading to error “Current statement state (CURSOR_OPEN) does not allow call to prepare” on reuse of the statement (or errors similar to described for JDBC-531 above). (JDBC-571)
- New feature: boolean connection property ignoreProcedureType to disable usage of metadata for stored procedure types in CallableStatement When set to true>, call escapes and EXECUTE PROCEDURE will default to use EXECUTE PROCEDURE and not switch to SELECT for selectable stored procedures. (JDBC-576)
- New feature: connection properties timeZoneBind and sessionTimeZone for limited support for Firebird 4 TIME(STAMP) WITH TIME ZONE types, and decfloatBind for limited support for Firebird 4 DECFLOAT types. (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Connection property defaultIsolation/isolation did not work through DriverManager, but only on DataSource implementations. (JDBC-584)
Jaybird 3.0 supports Firebird 2.0 and higher, on Java 7, 8 and 9 and higher. Basic Java 9 and higher compatibility is provided through the Java 8 version of the driver.