Erlang Firebird client library : efirebirdsql 0.5.7 is released .
The minor release of HQbird, the advanced distribution of Firebird for enterprises, is available: 2018R4. The new version contains the following fixes:
- Improved replica initialization sequence under high load.
- Latest patches from Firebird sources, including the patch for tmpwatch problem for 3.0 at CentOS
- Simplifications of the interface for the database replication setup
- Significant changes in Performance Monitoring: now HQbird generates 3 reports (Duration, Frequency, and Summary), and also XLS report with top-consuming applications and statements, with all performance details (fetches, reads, writes, etc). FBPerfMon tool is excluded from HQbird ServerSide, since their functions are mostly covered by extended capabilities of Performance Monitoring.
- Several bug fixes
Elixir Database Driver for Firebird : Firebirdex 0.0.3 is released
Erlang Firebird client library : efirebirdsql 0.5.5 is released .
Firebird high-level native client for Node.js / TypeScript updated to v0.1.2
This version fixes : Support for Blob::length for blobs greater than 2GB. Memory corruption with async methods. Avoided some warnings.
More info at this link.
We are proud to introduce the fifth version of our basic product for working with Firebird and InterBase.
IBProvider v5 inherits all the best from IBProvider v3 and dramatically improves the quality of implementation of the OLE DB components.
For the last few years, the main development line of IBProvider was fixing problems that prevented its stable operation. First of all, we had to fix problems not related to the provider itself — we rewrote the client for Firebird and the standard pool of OLE DB connections. It took a lot of time and resourses, but it was worth it.
Now the time has come to get to IBProvider itself.
Instead of local fixes, within the support of the third version we redesigned the inner infrastructure of the OLE DB components of IBProvider taking into account the entire experience gained over the last years. In part, the ideas were taken from our ADO.NET provider.
The main qualities of IBProvider v5 are reliability and fail safety…
With Best Regards, IBProvider Team.
Hajime Nakagami created a new driver for Elixir Programming language
LibreOffice 6.2 is here! It includes a new (optional) user interface called the NotebookBar, along with improved compatibility, performance boosts, a reworked help system and many other updates. Learn more and download it .
Firebird related release notes:
- Support for Base files using embedded Firebird RDBMS becomes non experimental in this release.
- Firebird Migration Assistant now creates a backup copy of the existing content.xml file inside the HSQL based ODB file prior to the actual migration process.
- Access2Basic basic library, bundled with the 6.2 release, adds full support for Firebird RDBMS.