Starting from the current version (5.11), the built-in IBProvider client for Firebird (fb.direct) has support for connection data compression.
To enable compression, just specify «remote:wire_compression=enabled» in the connection string.
By default, IBProvider uses a built-in implementation of data compressor algorithms.
Full news text – https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_200123.html
Kind Regards, IBProvider Team.
Upscene Productions is happy to announce the next major version of their test data generator tool:
“Advanced Data Generator 4”
A fast test-data generator tool that comes with a library of real-life data, can generate data to your database,
script or data files, many filling options, templates and much more.
New feature highlights:
- HiDPI aware user interface
- Access Edition
- New demo-project video
- Additional sample data and additions to data library
- Support for generating data into JSON data files
- Many macro improvements
- Ability to generate sample statistical data
There are special editions for Firebird, MySQL, InterBase and Access.
Read more at our website or download a trial version.
We are happy to announce the second beta for Jaybird 4.
We’d really appreciate it if you take the time to test this version of Jaybird with your applications. Bug reports about undocumented changes in behavior are appreciated. Feedback can be sent to the Firebird-java mailing list or reported on the issue tracker http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC.
Jaybird 4 is – compared to Jaybird 3 – an incremental release that builds on the foundations of Jaybird 3. The focus of this release has been on further improving JDBC support and adding support for the new data types and features of Firebird 4.
The main new features are:
- Wire encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Database encryption support (backported to Jaybird 3.0.4)
- Wire compression support
- Authentication plugin improvements
- Firebird 4 data type bind configuration support (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- Firebird 4 DECFLOAT support
- Firebird 4 extended numeric precision support
- Firebird 4 time zone support
- Firebird 4 statement timeout support (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- JDBC RowId support
- DatabaseMetaData getPseudoColumns implemented
- DatabaseMetaData getVersionColumns implemented
- DatabaseMetaData getFunctions implemented (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- DatabaseMetaData getFunctionColumns implemented (since Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2)
- Improved JDBC function escape support
- New JDBC protocol prefix jdbc:firebird:
- URL encoding in query part of JDBC URL (backported to Jaybird 3.0.9)
- Generated keys support improvements
- Operation monitoring
Jaybird 4.0.0-beta-2 is for testing purposes only, and not intended for production use.
Firebird Project is happy to announce general availability of Firebird 3.0.5 — the 5th point release in the Firebird 3.0 series.
This sub-release offers many bug fixes and also adds a few improvements, please refer to the Release Notes for the full list of changes. Binary kits for Windows and Linux platforms are immediately available for download, Android and Mac OS packages will follow shortly.
To celebrate the New Year, I’m offering a 25% discount in the eBook version of the Migration Guide to Firebird 3, so you will pay USD 12 instead of USD 16! The discount is valid until 2020 Jan, 11.
Hurry up and save some money! To get the discount, enter the coupon code GUIDE25 when filling the order form.
We have prepared for you the last IBProvider update in this decade.
Thanks to everyone who helped us improve our software!
Happy New Year!
Kind Regards, IBProvider Team.