Upscene releases Database Workbench V5.4.6
Avalerion for Firebird 3.0.4 is available. The Linux 64bit build will follow shortly.
The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.5.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.5 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBManagerdoes not accept page size of 32768 (Firebird 4 and higher) (JDBC-468)
- Fixed: Jaybird cannot parse Firebird version numbers with revisions (JDBC-534)
- Fixed: Incorrect parsing of Firebird version numbers (JDBC-535)
- New feature: Added support for the Srp256 authentication plugin (JDBC-536)
- Fixed: Incorrect warning “Specified statement was not created by this connection” logged for statements that fail with an exception on prepare (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Remote close of event channel (eg on Firebird server stop or crash) leads to high CPU usage and excessive error logging as socket channel is not removed from selector (JDBC-542)
- Fixed: Properties
dbCryptConfignot available on
- Documentation: wire protocol encryption requires unlimited strength Cryptographic Jurisdiction Policy (or equivalent), this was previously not documented (JDBC-545)
DBeaver – a really useful, general purpose, and free SQL editor with Firebird support
The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice 6.1, a major release which shows the power of a large and diverse community of contributors with a significant number of new and improved features:
- Colibre, a new icon theme for Windows based on Microsoft’s icon design guidelines, which makes the office suite visually appealing for users coming from the Microsoft environment;
- A reworked image handling feature, which is significantly faster and smoother thanks to a new graphic manager and an improved image lifecycle, with some advantages also when loading documents in Microsoft proprietary formats;
- The reorganization of Draw menus with the addition of a new Page menu, for better UX consistency across the different modules;
- A major improvement for Base, only available in experimental mode: the old HSQLDB database engine has been deprecated, though still available, and the new Firebird database engine is now the default option (users are encouraged to migrate files using the migration assistant from HSQLDB to Firebird, or by exporting them to an external HSQLDB server);
- Significant improvements in all modules of LibreOffice Online, with changes to the user interface to make it more appealing and consistent with the desktop version,
- An improved EPUB export filter, in terms of link, table, image, font embedding and footnote support, with more options for customizing metadata;
- Online Help pages have been enriched with text and example files to guide the users through features, and are now easier to localize.