New Flamerobin snapshot available : version 0.9.3.8 with a few fixes and features:
- Indexes, Functions, Packages, Global Temporaries, DB Triggers and DDL Triggers supported
- New localized grid support, allows to use commas or dots for decimal separator (View->Preferences->General: Use language locale settings
Enhancements and Bug fixes
- Fix Dependency tab not showing Functions and triggers
-Fix slow opening of remote database
For more info please read commit history log
New versions of firebird-base 1.3.0 and firebird-driver 1.2.1 were released via PyPI.
Luis Fernando Batels wrote a guide on using Rust Firebird driver (rsfbclient) both in English and Portuguese.
Firebird 4.0 Language Reference is now online in the Firebird documentation area in both pdf and html format
Firebird high-level native client for Node.js / TypeScript updated to v2.1.2 with a few changes :
- Fix #86 – Race condition in events processing.
The entire tracker.firebirdsql.org was moved to GitHub, firebird-documentation (DOC), firebird (CORE), Jaybird (JDBC), website (WEB), ODBC (ODBC) , .NET provider (DNET), FDB (PYFB) and testing (QA).
The issue tracker for the Firebird documentation has moved to Github
Denis Simonov, editor and contributor of Firebird Language Reference, and also the author of Firebird Developer Guide, has written the “Short Firebird Migration Guide To Firebird 4.0” (also available as PDF):
- Manual installation of Firebird 40 on Windows
- Converting the database to a new format
- Migrating database aliases
- Migrating user list
- Configuring Trusted Authentication
- Application-level incompatibilities
Well, it is not that short: 23 pages of essential information about Firebird 4 migration.
It covers migration from 3.0 and from 2.5, since many people still use 2.5, but plan to jump to 4.0 due to native replication and improved performance.
We are expecting Firebird 4 release very, very soon, so, if you are eager to be the first to try it, download the most recent snapshot, read this Migration Guide, and do the test migration!
Firebird driver for Erlang v.0.7.0 released with a few refactorings and testing done for Firebird 4.0.
Here are the commit changes between latest releases.
Firebird driver for Elixir version 0.1.1 released .
Consult the list of changes between releases here.