You can use the following docker images based on Debian Jessie
The Documentation team is proud to announce that the Firebird 3
Developer’s Guide, by Denis Simonov, is now available in English:
This volume consists of chapters that walk through the development of
a simple application for several language platforms, notably Delphi,
Microsoft Entity Framework and MVC.NET (“Model-View-Controller”) for
web applications, PHP and Java with the Spring framework.
Translating this guide from Russian and preparing it for publication
in our library were made possible by a crowd funding campaign last
year. Warm thanks to all of you who contributed.
Firebird Documentation Team
NodeJS C++ client node-firebird-libfbclient v.0.1.2 released with the following changes:
- Allow Stored procedure in Select Operator (joins and subquery) #73
- Increase password length to 20 (required by firebird 3.0) #79
- Possibility to set up manual connection charset on connect #9
Roadmap Document has been updated with info for all supported releases : 2.5.x , 3.0.x , 4.x
|Version series 2.5.x has a maintenance cycle of two point releases per year.
The latest release currently available in this series is v2.5.8. Explore its download locationor documentation.
v2.5.9 is the next point release to come, it’s scheduled for Q4 2018. Follow the “Track Details” icon for a list of bugfixes scheduled for this version.
|Version series 3.0.x is the latest one released by the project and thus it has the highest priority in terms of the bug fixing, with updates scheduled quarterly. All kinds of bugfixes and performance improvements are possible inside its codebase, including ports to new platforms.
- Revised architecture, including new authentication and configuration subsystems;
- Scalable (SMP/multi-core friendly) multi-threaded engine with the shared page cache;
- New ODS (version 12) with new system and monitoring tables;
- External (Java, C++, etc) stored procedures/triggers/functions;
- Security enhancements;
- Various SQL extensions.
The latest release currently available in this series is v3.0.2. Explore its download location or documentation.
v3.0.3 is the next point release to come, it’s scheduled for Q1 2018. Follow the “Track Details” icon for a list of bugfixes scheduled for this version.
New Development: version 4.0
|Firebird 4.0 represents the project’s next milestone release after v3.0, its development has been started in March 2016.
You may check what features to expect at the v4.0 planning board. Use the “Track Details” icon to discover the list of tasks currently scheduled for v4.0 Beta Release.
Alpha 1 preview release is available for testing. Daily v4.0 builds can be downloaded from the snapshot area.
Jiří Činčura announced that Entity Framework Core 2.0 provider for Firebird is now in beta stage.
We start to publish presentations from Firebird Tour 2017. Please find the first 2 presentations below:
“Firebird Performance“, by Vlad Khorsun, Firebird Project
“Tuning Linux, Windows, and Firebird for heavy workload” by Alex Kovyazin, IBSurgeon.
More presentations will be published later – stay tuned!
We are glad to release the new major version of advanced Firebird (2.5 and 3.0) distribution: HQbird 2018. The key new features are the following:
- Online initialization of asynchronous replication (in the Enterprise edition). Now it is possible to initialize and re-initialize database replicas with zero downtime of the master server.
- Automatic performance monitoring (in all editions), with the performance reports which show the slowest and the most frequent SQL queries, and with the advanced monitoring of long-running active transactions.
- Pool of connections for external statements (for version 2.5) which greatly increases the performance of Execute On External statements
- Pool of prepared statements (for version 3.0) which greatly improves the performance in case of frequent parametrized queries
- New version of Firebird SQL Studio, now with the support of encrypted databases
Please refer to HQbird User Guide for more details!
For those, who downloaded trials of previous HQbird versions: we have reset all previous trial registrations to the end of December 2017.
All registered users of HQbird 2015, HQbird 2016 and HQbird 2017 will receive the free upgrade to HQbird 2018!
For Windows users – it is possible to install HQbird 2018 over the existing installation and keep the configuration.
HQbird 2018 comes in 3 editions:
- Standard ($399): automatic backups, automatic maintenance, and automatic performance monitoring
- Professional ($599): Standard + Recovery tools (FirstAID Tech Support) + SQL Studio.
- Enterprise ($799): Professional+ replication (asynchronous and synchronous)
More details here: https://ib-aid.com/en/hqbird-features
Please feel free to ask any questions through email email@example.com