I’m proud to announce that my new eBook, Migration Guide to Firebird 4, will be released in 23, August. The eBook has 219 pages, and it is written in Portuguese. I’m still not sure if I’ll make an English version this time… mostly depends on the number of requests that I may receive (feel free to use the comments in this post).
Once again, this is a “solo” project, as I’m the author, editor and publisher. This work was made possible thanks to the 300+ people who contributed in the Brazilian crowdfunding campaign: Thank you all!
The Guide is devoted to developers using any version of Firebird who wants to move to Firebird 4 in the most straight and peaceful way. It probably can save hours of work!
The eBook will start selling to the public starting at August, 30, in the FireBase on-line store.
More info at this link.
A new version is available V126.96.36.199. This version now supports FB4 final release.
Visit our Homepage and download the Trialversion:
New version of RedExpert 2021.07 is available.
- Data type selection is implemented as a drop-down list
- While deleting the records marked for deletion are highlighted immediately
- Fixed the message about unsuccessful DDL operations
- Now it’s allowed to display unreadable characters in text blobs
- Fixed editing of the function
- Fixed SSH tunnel connection
- Stopped using template when creating tables
- Fixed column editing (when clicking on a column a new one was created)
- Fixed errors on the SQL tab of a domain
- Non-empty nodes in the tab with dependencies are highlighted in bold
- Fixed parsing variables in procedures (invalid parsing generated an incorrect SQL request for procedure creation)
- Packages not created by users were moved to the system packages branch
- Fixed connection to RedDatabase and Firebird versions 4+
- Now the database information is displayed by clicking the appropriate context menu item (not by selecting a database in the list)
- Significantly reduced time of loading scripts by reworking the syntax highlighting using ANTLR
- Autocompletion added to all textbars that use SQL
- Jump to database objects added to all text panels that use SQL
- Added “Users” node to the objects tree
- Added Jaybird4 driver
Download and install the new version.
Firebird Technical Specifications are updated for Firebird 4.0