Michael posted new Flamerobin snapshots and announced on the devel list
I have posted new FlameRobin snapshots, SVN revision 1917, for Windows
32 and 64 bit, both installers and ZIP files.
The Refresh command is implemented now for databases, database
collections of views, triggers and so on, and for a few of the objects.
I hopefully didn’t break too much in the process, but since there have
been quite a few changes testing is very much needed. I’d also be
interested in whether FR appears to you to work any faster.
If you want to build FR, please take note that it requires some of the
Boost libraries now, but header-only ones only so there shouldn’t be big
problems. On Windows it was a simple matter of downloading and
unpacking the Boots libraries, and adding the environment variable
I also succeeded with building on Ubuntu, where installing the Boost
libraries is just a simple apt-get. Since the headers are then part of
the core system no changes to the configure etc. files were necessary,
but this should definitely be done to allow for using non-system Boost
version by using a –with-boost=… switch to configure. Help with that
(or in general with overhauling the Unix build environment, to properly
detect the Firebird and Boost versions available) would be very welcome.
« Hide it
dbExpress Driver for Firebird version 26 has released. Here are the
4.1.2007.26 / 4.1.2009.26 / 4.1.2010.26 Release on 23 Jun 2010
1. Fixed retrieve SQL View names if TSQLConnection.TableScope include tsView when invoke TSQLConnection.GetTableNames
I’ve uploaded a couple of new documents to the document area. Unfortunately, due to a few problems with VPN timing out over the weekend, I’ve not been able to get the front page updated. I will do soon and the links will be visible.
How the cache works in Firebird:
That is based on information Ann supplied here on the list a while back. She has permitted me to document it and make a manual out of it.
html: Not uploaded yet – VPN problems.
A work in progress and as yet fairly incomplete. It will be improved as and when I can. Comments & corrections gratefully received!
dbExpress Driver for Firebird version 24 has released. Here are the
4.1.2007.25 / 4.1.2009.25 / 4.1.2010.25 Release on 16 Jun 2010
1. Add data type coercion for bytes array to CHAR and VARCHAR
Stored procedures contest is over!
We had 12 submissions for the contest and have chosen 3 winners.
- Set of mathematical operations implemented in pure Firebird SQL,
by pizmon (muirsheendur…@gmail.com)
- XML File creation using Firebird in stored procedures, by Fernando
- SP_ESCAPE and SP_UNESCAPE stored procedures: generate text with
line feeds, carriage returns, quotes and tabs in Firebird sql scripts,
by Fabiano Bonin.
Each winner can choose one of the following licenses from MindTheBird sponsors:
- Fast Report Studio – powerful report tool with native Firebird
(all versions) support,
- Sinatica Monitor – monitoring tool for Firebird (2.1 and
- IBSurgeon FBScanner – logging and audit tool for Firebird and
InterBase all versions
- SQLLY Firebird/InterBase Studio – database and SQL queries
design and optimization
- IBSurgeon IBAnalyst – tool to analyze database statistics of
FIrebird and InterBase
- Firebird FirstAID – tool to repair corrupted Firebird databases.
- XML Wizard (GuacoSoft) – tool to import and compare data from
XML, CSV, flat-files against Firebird databases
- Special offer – 50% discount on any of trainings about .NET &
Firebird and/or Entity Framework (& Firebird) – see www.x2develop.com
- “Database Workbench Pro for Firebird” and a Database Workbench
Pro for any 3 database modules of the winners choice.
- Firebird Trace Manager (Enterprise Edition) – tool which exposes
the new Firebird 2.5 Trace API in a user-friendly way.
- EMS Studio for Firebird and InterBase – powerful tool for
Firebird developers and administrators.
- AnyDAC for Delphi – universal Data Access Components with native
With best regards,
« Hide it
Some fixes for known problems will be commited next week. After that it will be submitted to QA tests, so probably we will have RC3 released at end of June.
Quick review of database searches today reveals Firebird is the 5th most popular: http://www.citrustechnology.com/blog/database-market-share
Upscene Productions is proud to release Database Workbench 4.0.2 Pro, a small maintenance release to the recent new major release of the multi-DBMS database developer tool Database Workbench 4, download a trial version here.
As of today, the free Lite Editions for version 4 have been released, these are stripped down editions of Database Workbench Pro and you can download and use these for free.
The Lite Editions support either of the following:
Since version 4, they are fully Unicode enabled.
The Pro Edition supports one or more of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Sybase SQL Anywhere
Pricing information can be found here.
The Brazilian Firebird Developers Day will happen in 17/July, in Piracicaba-SP, Brazil. We still have more than 1 month for the conference, but already got more than 50% of the seats filled! Hurry up and don’t miss the chance to participate in this great conference!