New release of Firebird driver for Python v1.3.0 is available for download with Improved Firebird 4 support.
The firebird-driver package provides official Python Database API 2.0-compliant driver. In addition to the minimal feature set of the standard Python DB API, this driver also exposes the new (interface-based) client API introduced in Firebird 3, and number of additional extensions and enhancements for convenient use of Firebird RDBMS. The driver is written as pure-Python package (requires Python 3.8+) on top of Firebird client library (fbclient.so/dll) using ctypes. Driver supports Firebird version 3.0 and higher.
You can download this driver from PyPI or or install it using pip.
Golang Firebird Driver version 0.9.2 released with a few Firebird 4 features and fixes :
- Support negatives INT128 #132
- Fix decode Int128 #131
- Upgrade mathutil to v1.4.1 to support RISC-V x64 #122
- Update README.rst – current supported go is 1.15 #121
- Support INT128 for Firebird 4.0 #129
- Move calcBlr() to xsqlvar.go c19e7b9
- Fix time(stamp) with timezone. issue #128
You can install it with go get github.com/nakagami/firebirdsql
ADO.NET provider 126.96.36.199 for Firebird is available for download with a few fixes
ADO.NET provider 188.8.131.52 for Firebird is available for download with a few fixes
I’m proud to announce that my new eBook, Migration Guide to Firebird 4, will be released in 23, August. The eBook has 219 pages, and it is written in Portuguese. I’m still not sure if I’ll make an English version this time… mostly depends on the number of requests that I may receive (feel free to use the comments in this post).
Once again, this is a “solo” project, as I’m the author, editor and publisher. This work was made possible thanks to the 300+ people who contributed in the Brazilian crowdfunding campaign: Thank you all!
The Guide is devoted to developers using any version of Firebird who wants to move to Firebird 4 in the most straight and peaceful way. It probably can save hours of work!
The eBook will start selling to the public starting at August, 30, in the FireBase on-line store.
A new version is available V184.108.40.206. This version now supports FB4 final release.
Visit our Homepage and download the Trialversion:
New version of RedExpert 2021.07 is available.
- Data type selection is implemented as a drop-down list
- While deleting the records marked for deletion are highlighted immediately
- Fixed the message about unsuccessful DDL operations
- Now it’s allowed to display unreadable characters in text blobs
- Fixed editing of the function
- Fixed SSH tunnel connection
- Stopped using template when creating tables
- Fixed column editing (when clicking on a column a new one was created)
- Fixed errors on the SQL tab of a domain
- Non-empty nodes in the tab with dependencies are highlighted in bold
- Fixed parsing variables in procedures (invalid parsing generated an incorrect SQL request for procedure creation)
- Packages not created by users were moved to the system packages branch
- Fixed connection to RedDatabase and Firebird versions 4+
- Now the database information is displayed by clicking the appropriate context menu item (not by selecting a database in the list)
- Significantly reduced time of loading scripts by reworking the syntax highlighting using ANTLR
- Autocompletion added to all textbars that use SQL
- Jump to database objects added to all text panels that use SQL
- Added “Users” node to the objects tree
- Added Jaybird4 driver
Download and install the new version.
Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.17.0 with a few features and enhancements.
- create_database() added CreateDatabase with embedded client #112
- Add support for create_database() method, aka isc_create_database #115
Firebird Technical Specifications are updated for Firebird 4.0