||DA-SOFT Technologies announces the availability of AnyDAC for Delphi Summer 2011 release v 18.104.22.1685 – high-speed, Universal Data Access Components for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, IBM DB2, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Informix, Advantage, DbExpress, ODBC, that simplifies the task of building Embarcadero Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal Compiler database applications.
AnyDAC for Delphi can be immediately downloaded from the download page.
What is new in v5.0.1 and what is AnyDAC ?
AnyDAC v 5.0.1 Highlights
- New Advantage Database native ACE API driver (More).
- New TADTable with live data window mode (More).
- Major refactoring of the drivers infrastructure.
- Major refactoring of the monitoring and tracing infrastructure.
- New FormatOptions.FmtDisplayXxx, FmtEditXxx options.
- New ADConnection Before/After StartTransaction, Commit, Rollback events.
- Multiple enhancements to the help system.
- Multiple enahncements to the help system.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix, Advantage and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
AnyDAC Core Features
- Native access to Firebird, InterBase, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2 and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
- Optimized for best possible performance (2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress).
- Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress and ODBC data sources.
- Reach API, including 50 Delphi VCL components.
- Unified API for access to cross-database features.
- First-class support for many database-specific features, including DBMS services like backup, validate.
- Unique ADO.NET-like data engine for Win32.
- Advanced Data Access Options.
- Full support for international applications, including full Unicode support in Delphi 2009 and later.
- Cross-platform support though Free Pascal (FPC).
- Perfect integration as back-end driver for TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
- Enterprise – Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Informix.
- Workgroup – Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advantage DB.
- Database in clouds – Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Desktop – SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE, Advantage DB.
- Embedded – SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded, Berkeley DB.
- Bridges – DbExpress, ODBC.
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
« Hide it
I did some experiments with pdftohtml and here are some results
And here are the steps i have made to reach that point
So in theory in the future somewhere i can see a page with all the Language Reference on one single page maybe with interbase 6.0 text in another color (green) so it will represent that is not under a open source license
Jiri is getting more and more support request from people who try to connect to Interbase ! with Firebird .net client.The short answer is that Firebird driver is for Firebird database only and we can’t support Interbase too
Wondering what changed on Earth in last, say, four weeks. I’m getting more than average (read: more than zero) emails, asking whether FirebirdClient works with InterBase. Similarly in mailing list.
Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular database development tool: Database Workbench Pro 3.4
Changes Highlights in 3.4
– NexusDB v3 support
– Extended Firebird 2.1 support
– New diagramming related features and enhancements
– Many enhancements and bug fixes…
Download a trial at: http://www.upscene.com/download.php
Full list of features and fixes: click here
Database Workbench supports:
– Borland InterBase ( 4.x – 9.x )
– Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x )
– MS SQL Server/MSDE ( v6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, 2008, MSDE 1 & 2, SQL Express )
– MySQL 4.x, 5.x
– Oracle Database ( 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g )
– Sybase SQL Anywhere ( 9, 10 and 11 )
– NexusDB ( 2.08.x, 3.0.x )
« Hide it
David Intersimone from
Imprise,Borland Embarcadero wrote:
InterBase (and Firebird) will be supported in upcoming releases (this year and into early next year) all of the database tool products.
Here is the full blog about firebird support request (in the comments area)
New release candidate of IBProvider Professional Edition has appeared. Is the modern driver for access to 16 versions of the Firebrd and Interbase servers.
Improved support of DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) when working with Firebird and Interbase
IBProvider RC4 has the new option of stored procedures calling in Visual Studio 2008 style via ODBC escape sequences. This innovation allows to create queries and TableAdapters based on stored procedures.
Optimized working with named parameters in SQL query text
- Fewer limitations for multiple use of same named parameter in SQL query text
- New algorithm for choosing named parameter data type.
- Some errors of named parameters procession detected via profound testing by exhaustive method have been eliminated.
Metadata schemes and column descriptions (IColumnsRowset) support user encoding
Metadata schemes and IColumnRowset interface now consider user charset . This allows working with metadata in set encoding.
What comes next?
We continuously improve IBProvider and present new options for users with each new release. IBProvider Release Candidate 4
is the last RC of the third version.
We are planning complete substitution of IBProvider v2 functionality in the next IBProvider v3 Release:
- ability to work with updatable rowsets;
- support of data recording via Microsoft SQL Server Linked Server;
Currently IBProvider v2 is the only provider that allows to update data in Firebird and Interbase linked server. Other drivers allow only data reading from source.
IBProvider v3 RC4 is the result of 4-year innovations in data processing. It has implemented a lot of solutions and technologies, which make it completely different from other access components:
- Controllable charsets processor;
- SQL-parser with ODBC Escape Sequences support;
- Support of 16 Firebird and Interbase versions, including Firebird 2.5 and Interbase 2009;
- Automatic configuring for database server;
- Ability to work on 64-bit platforms;
Combination of these two drivers will give our clients another competitive advantage for quick development of quality Firebird and Interbase applications.
Source: Firebird driver press release
« Hide it
New IBProvider v.22.214.171.12400 RC3
- All the detected problems that prevented comprehensive work with Firebird and Interbase from UNICODE applications have been eliminated.
- Supports charset markers in SQL queries.
- Supports exclusions processing when working with Interbase and Firebird via ADODB.
- Supports working with database object names containing national symbols for connections with NONE charset.
- Enhanced work with metadata schemes when working with database via NONE charset.
- Advanced testing allowed detection and elimination of errors.
- ISO8859_15 charset support.
Please read details on the Firebird driver homepage.
Changes in IBProvider v2 (build 2.6.06.2688)
- Addition of UTF-8 charset support
- Loading of charset information for COLUMN and PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS metadata schemes from system tables.
Changes in IBProvider v3 (build 126.96.36.19927 RC3)
New IBProvider v3 offers the brand new method for working with text data charsets:
- We added ctype_user property that allows setting the encoding of data coming to client irrespective of the encoding in which this data is coming from database server.
- New algorithms of BLOB fields converting provide for quick work with flowing data, optimization of interaction with ICU library.
- We added ctype_none property that allows setting the charset for working with text data in NONE encoding.
- Other important changes.
- Support of Firebird and Interbase charsets aliases.
See detailed information on working with new character set processor in Firebird and Interbase character sets.
Text columns size in Firebird 2.X
IBProvider started to control text columns size when working with Firebird 2 servers in Unicode mode. If the length of loaded data exceeds the text column size the exclusion will be generated.
IBProvider v3 Release Candidate 3
- Support of the following codepages added: DOS858, TIS620, BIG5, KSC_5601, GB_2312, SJIS_0208, EUCJ_0208;
- Bug in the errors handling for OUT-parameters of query was fixed;
- BLOB-fields access was improved;
- Memory management was improved;
- BLOB-fields access was improved;
- Memory management was improved;
Source: Interbase and Firebird driver site