New version for Firebird Perl driver
Changes for version 1.12
- Do not package MYMETA
- Make embedded tests actually run when the libs are there (RT#81621)
- Produce sensible POD for DBD::FirebirdEmbedded
- Require Test::Exception that does not break caller()
- drop usage of bytes_from_utf8 when feeding character data to firebird
- use fb_config if available for finding firebird directories
On the behalf of the developers and contributors team, I’m pleased to announce that DBD::Firebird v1.11 , a DBI driver for the Firebird RDBMS server is released.
This release brings many changes and bugfixes .
- Test::Exception is required
- On Freebsd Threaded perl is required
- Test database to use UTF8 charset and enable UTF8 for the connection
- Fix CHAR lenght when using multi-byte character set Fixes #32 (RT#76506)
- Additional debug when finishing already finished statement
- Avoid double destroying of statement in auto-commit mode with DDL Fixes Github Issue #30 (RT#72946)
The development is done on GitHub and the mailing list is here
Here is the list of changes and you can use the cpan download page to get the package.
The major change is that perl driver can use the Firebird embedded mode so it doesn’t need a full Firebird
server to run the tests.
Here is the thread with the features commited and here is the related bug fixed.
DBD::Firebird is registered in perl cpan’s module list and soon we will upload the first tar.gz release (when is considered stable enough)
Until then the module is hosted in github and can be used and tested :
Stefan has improved the Windows support also fixed many tests , here are some of the commit messages:
Improved support for MinGW, added support for ActivePerl, Removed some obsolete tests, All tests, now use testlib.pl and Test::More (except 60leaks.t)
Seems there are a lot of bugs and patches accumulating in the DBD::InterBase driver and the community already forked the code on github with many patches and fixes applied to the main code
I will create a renamed driver with the name DBD::Firebird in cpan from the above fork and i will apply all the patches and fix the bugs that were not fixed