Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.19.0 with a few fixes.
Latest Firebird versions are available on db<>fiddle
Support Luis Fernando Batels creator of the first Rust driver for the Firebird database
Please help him to achieve 25$ per month from sponsors on github
Rust Firebird Client updated to v0.18.0 with a few fixes.
LibreOffice 7.3.5 released.
It includes 83 bugfixes and compatibility improvements (a few fixes releated to Firebird)
IBReplicator V5.0.7 has been released. More information in the Release Notes.
FirebirdSQL .NETProvider V220.127.116.11 has been released with few fixes.
Firebird 3.0.10 Docker image is released and the following tags can be used : 3.0, v3.0, v3.0.10
New version of RedDatabase 3.0.9 has been released.
The most significant changes are:
- A “verbose” option has been added to the replication configuration to log detailed information about asynchronous replication operation. RS-70819.
- LDAP error diagnostics have been improved.
- The stability of gfix is improved. RS-71591.
- DefaultDbCachePages default value increased to 1024 for Classic/SuperClassic and to 32768 for Super RS-69307
- Now you do not have to specify option -B O[VERWRITE] in gbak when backing up to FIFO RS-43334
- Temporary tables file is now deleted immediately after closing connections which used temporary tables RS-67781
- Maximum length of ISQL error text increased to 8192 characters. RS-71232.
- Default length of context variables is increased to 8192 characters. RS-71426.
- Ability to connect to ActiveDirectory with an “as is” user name (bind method) without using a service account (LDAPUserDn). RS-71303.
- New LDAPDomain parameter in firebird.conf that allows setting the domain for user authentication in ActiveDirectory and the base for user lookups. RS-71303.
- GSTAT outputs the transaction difference, which determines whether garbage collection is needed RS-56624
- “rotate_log” parameter in trace to rotate log when it reaches “max_log_size” RS-66090
- Support for locking users in Legacy Authentication RS-67826 Note: security database update from previous versions 3.0 with security_database_3.0.9.sql script
- Ability to change COLLATE for “ALTER TABLE <table> ALTER <column> COLLATE <collate>” field RS-67405
- Different connections can now use different temporary table files to reduce their sprawl (SeparateTempTableFiles parameter in firebird.conf) RS-67781
FBJava has been updated to 1.1.18:
- ASM library required for indexing files stored in BLOBs has been added to the distribution. RS-82611.
- Jaybird driver updated to version 3.0.31. RS-74811.
- Unused jna-platform-4.5.0.jar and xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar libraries were removed from the distribution. RS-74811.
- Fixed passing an exception to the client when initializing the JVM
- Debug symbols for FBJava have been added to the distribution. RS-71111.
- Blank lines are not printed to stdout and stderr when it’s disabled by “disable_output” option RS-66433
- The existence of configuration file is checked before reading options RS-67445
- Remove libraries not used by plugin RS-68297
See full list of changes on the download pages:
Open edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Standard edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Enterprise edition: RedDatabase 3.0.9
Today (July, 5) at 10h (Brasilia Time, GMT -3) there will be a free webinar (in Portuguese) with Alexey Kovyazin introducing the new Full Text Search UDR sponsored by IBSurgeon, for Firebird 3 and 4.