Database .NET v33.4 released
Database .NET v33.4 is an innovative, powerful and intuitive multiple database management tool.
With it you can easily and intuitive manage all database versions of Firebird (1.5~4.0)
(Free for non-commercial and a single executable file without installation)
Major New features and improvements from 32.7 to 33.4:
- Added Bulk Insert mode support for Data Import
- Added Custom Database Type Tab Colors support
- Added Filtering Objects support
- Improved performance of AutoComplete and IntelliSense
- Improved performance of Batch Insert mode
- Improved Asynchronous Processing
- Improved Data Editor and Data Browser
- Improved SQL Editor
- Improved Code Manager
- Improved user experience and user interface
- Improved support of high-DPI displays
- Updated FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient to 220.127.116.11
- Updated the target .NET Framework to 4.7.2
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 11
- …and more
Firebird 4 port for FreeBSD is released , there is also Firebird 3 port updated
Support Luis Fernando Batels creator of the first Rust driver for the Firebird database , buy him a coffee
From Marco Cantu blog
A new version of Delphi, version 11 Alexandria, has been released. Yesterday we run a very successful preview/launch webinar, with many attendees a a large number of questions asked (many hundreds, literally). It was a bit exhausting but certainly nice.
Over the coming weeks I’ll go into more details on some of the new features and quality improvements in the product. For the time being, I’m just going to share a series of relevant links (with comments).
Follow the link to read further .
FireDAC in the new release offers specific improvements for Firebird databases
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.2 of IBX for Lazarus. This version adds support for the Firebird 4 IBatch interface. It also fixes some minor bugs. Version 2.4.2 supports all Firebird releases from 2.5 onwards.
The Firebird 4 Batch Execution interface applies to Update and Insert queries only (i.e. not update/insert returning) and can be used to batch up many separate queries to be executed as a single operation. This can be used to minimise the client/server interfaces and to optimise server update/insert times.
Support is provided by the Firebird Pascal API and exposed via TIBSQL.
It is available for download from
PyFirebirdSql 1.2.0 is released with following changes:
- Drop python 3.5 support
- Firebird4 timezone support
New release of Firebird driver for Python v1.3.2 is available for download with a few fixes.
New release of Firebird driver for Python v1.3.0 is available for download with Improved Firebird 4 support.
The firebird-driver package provides official Python Database API 2.0-compliant driver. In addition to the minimal feature set of the standard Python DB API, this driver also exposes the new (interface-based) client API introduced in Firebird 3, and number of additional extensions and enhancements for convenient use of Firebird RDBMS. The driver is written as pure-Python package (requires Python 3.8+) on top of Firebird client library (fbclient.so/dll) using ctypes. Driver supports Firebird version 3.0 and higher.
You can download this driver from PyPI or or install it using pip.
Golang Firebird Driver version 0.9.2 released with a few Firebird 4 features and fixes :
- Support negatives INT128 #132
- Fix decode Int128 #131
- Upgrade mathutil to v1.4.1 to support RISC-V x64 #122
- Update README.rst – current supported go is 1.15 #121
- Support INT128 for Firebird 4.0 #129
- Move calcBlr() to xsqlvar.go c19e7b9
- Fix time(stamp) with timezone. issue #128
You can install it with go get github.com/nakagami/firebirdsql
ADO.NET provider 18.104.22.168 for Firebird is available for download with a few fixes