Mark Rotteveel announced :
“With Jaybird 4 available for over a year, I have decided that Jaybird 3
will only receive updates – if necessary – until the end of 2021.
I recommend everyone to upgrade to Jaybird 4 as soon as possible, but
read the release notes before upgrading.”
dbMigration .NET 14.3 is a simple, easy and intuitive multiple database migration and data synchronization tool,
With it you can easily migrate and synchronize data to Firebird and vice versa without complicated procedures.
(Free for non-commercial and a single executable file without installation)
Major New features and improvements from 13.8 to 14.3:
- Added support for Firebird v4 RTM
- Added Bulk Insert mode support
- Fixed an issue where in most cases the Bulk Insert mode is not enabled properly (14.3.7877)
- Added Asynchronous Processing support
- Added support for int128, decfloat, timetz and timestamptz types of Firebird v4
- Updated Decimal and Numeric accuracy of Firebird v4 to 19-38
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 11
- Improved user experience and user interface
- Improved support of high-DPI displays
- Improved Automatic Mapping Types
- Performance improvements
- …and more
Adriano Fernandes wrote on his blog :
Laravel Firebird driver is updated to version 2.4.1 with following changes :
- Fix expressions in stored procedures
- Add distinct from operators
- Add port env to README
IBPhoenix would like to announce the beta availablity of an ODBC connectivity plugin for Firebird that allows Firebird to connect directly to other ODBC databases using the “Execute Statement On External Data Source” syntax. Currently the plugin is available for Windows (32/64bit).
Adriano Fernandes uploaded a test version of Firebird 4.0.0 for Raspberry Pi (aarch64).
With v4 or latest tag you can use ARM64 and ARM/v7 (32 bits) natively on
Raspberry Pi , Apple Silicon and Amazon Graviton instances.
You would like to install Firebird Server 4 on your QNAP NAS?
You can download the necessary QPKG file from the following link. You will also find a short updated description of how to install it (for free use).
The installation only works on a QNAP NAS with Intel processor on 64 bit basis!
Firebird 4.0 Docker image is released and the following tags can be used : v4.0, v4.0.0, latest.