The Firebird JDBC team is happy to announce the release of Jaybird 3.0.5.
This release is largely a bugfix release, but contains additional support for Firebird 3.0.4 and Firebird 4.
Jaybird 3.0.5 contains the following fixes and changes:
FBManager does not accept page size of 32768 (Firebird 4 and higher) (JDBC-468)
- Fixed: Jaybird cannot parse Firebird version numbers with revisions (JDBC-534)
- Fixed: Incorrect parsing of Firebird version numbers (JDBC-535)
- New feature: Added support for the Srp256 authentication plugin (JDBC-536)
- Fixed: Incorrect warning “Specified statement was not created by this connection” logged for statements that fail with an exception on prepare (JDBC-538)
- Fixed: Remote close of event channel (eg on Firebird server stop or crash) leads to high CPU usage and excessive error logging as socket channel is not removed from selector (JDBC-542)
- Fixed: Properties
dbCryptConfig not available on
- Documentation: wire protocol encryption requires unlimited strength Cryptographic Jurisdiction Policy (or equivalent), this was previously not documented (JDBC-545)
See the Jaybird 3.0.5 release notes for more information. Jaybird 3.0.5 can be downloaded from the JDBC Driver page.
The report of the 15th Firebird Developers Day conference, due in Brazil at August, 18 2018 is now published, both in English and Portuguese.
Check it out and get to know the biggest Firebird conference in the world!
If you installed Firebird ADO.NET provider 184.108.40.206 and EntityFramework.Firebird from nuget you also need to add the DDEX provider for Firebird into Visual Studio 2017 following these steps.
DBeaver – a really useful, general purpose, and free SQL editor with Firebird support
We glad to inform you about news of IBProvider [Native OLE DB Provider for InterBase and Firebird] development cycle.
- A support of Firebird 3.0.4 improved
- A code optimization performed
Link to latest press-release: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/news/n_180905.html
IBProvider and «Registration Free COM»
We wrote a new document about usage IBProvider without registration in Windows registry: https://www.ibprovider.com/eng/documentation/ibprovider-and-registration_free_com.html.
Recommended for reading to everyone who distributes IBProvider as part of own applications.
With Best Regards,
Bipost Sync is an ETL-like Windows program to continually send data from Firebird SQL to AWS Aurora-MySQL and back forward.
We just released Bipost Synchronization version 1.1.0.
- Run unlimited time stored procedures after data is uploaded to Aurora (previously limited to 5 minutes).
- Improved security for two-way synchronization.
- Improved support for special characters, e.g. now able to sync XML documents inside BLOB fields.
- First time customers: Automated creation of AWS services via CloudFormation template.
Firebird high-level native client for Node.js / TypeScript updated to v0.1.0 and marked as stable release.
There are minor changes compared to v0.0.1-beta.3