In the new article we describe a new feature of IBProvider – supporting ADOX.Library.
There are 2 examples on Visual C# and VBScript which describe how to create Firebird database using ADODB Extensions.
See details here:
Create Firebird or Interbase database (ADOX, Visual C# .NET, VBScript)
Of course this may make access a little slow, but not the object of this article. It also assumes that the reader knows the ASP technology.
||DA-SOFT Technologies announces the availability of AnyDAC for Delphiv 18.104.22.1683 – high-speed, Universal Data Access Components for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS Access, IBM DB2, Sybase SQL Anywhere, DbExpress, ODBC, that simplifies the task of building CodeGear Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal Compiler database applications.
AnyDAC for Delphi can be immediately downloaded from the download page.
What is new in v4.0.1 and what is AnyDAC ?
AnyDAC v 4.0.1 Highlights
- Added DBMS services (backup, restore, repair, etc) support for Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, SQL Anywhere, MS Access.
- Added ADScript compatibility with IBScript.
- Added ftSingle and ftExtended support.
- Many ADMemTable improvements, improved TClientDataSet compatibility.
- Extended Help.
- Added SQLite driver strong encryption.
- Added MS SQL Azure support.
- Oracle driver, Informix access and general dataset optimization.
- Added SQL Anywhere v 12, SQLite v 22.214.171.124 support.
AnyDAC for Delphi
AnyDAC is an unique set of Universal Data Access Components for developing applications on Delphi, C++Builder and Free Pascal. With its powerful common architecture AnyDAC enables native high-speed direct access to Firebird, Interbase, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2, SQL Anywhere, MS Access, Informix and more. For complete list of features and availability, please check:
AnyDAC Core Features
- Native access to Firebird, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, InterBase and more. Including latest DBMS versions.
- Optimized for best possible performance (2 times faster than dbGo, 25% faster than dbExpress).
- Generic access to any database supported through dbExpress and ODBC data sources.
- Reach API, including 50 Delphi VCL components.
- Unified API for access to cross-database features.
- First-class support for many database-specific features, including DBMS services like backup, validate.
- Unique ADO.NET-like data engine for Win32.
- Advanced Data Access Options.
- Full support for international applications, including full Unicode support in Delphi 2009 and later.
- Cross-platform support though Free Pascal (FPC).
- Perfect integration as back-end driver for TMS AdvGrid, RemObjects Data Abstract, Fast Report, C4D kbmMW and more.
AnyDAC Natively Supported Databases
- Enterprise – Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2.
- Workgroup – Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Anywhere, Advatage DS.
- Database in clouds – Microsoft SQL Azure.
- Desktop – SQLite, MS Access, BlackFish SQL, MS SQL CE.
- Embedded – SQLite, Firebird Embedded, MySQL Embedded.
- Bridges – DbExpress, ODBC.
With best regards,
DA-SOFT Technologies Team
« Hide it
Seems there are a lot of bugs and patches accumulating in the DBD::InterBase driver and the community already forked the code on github with many patches and fixes applied to the main code
I will create a renamed driver with the name DBD::Firebird in cpan from the above fork and i will apply all the patches and fix the bugs that were not fixed
You can do this (in theory) using Firebird .Net provider and Mono via MonoDroid (private preview and seems that you need to pay for it later ) or with the opensource project androidmono
After MonoTouch on Iphone / Ipad now you can connect to a firebird database using .net provider and mono
I saw it on this tweet and Jiri answered that he will try it if he gets a MonoDroid sdk
This is the tweet of the day
Today a giant company in the printing business bought Sinática Monitor. Is #Firebird making it into the enterprise? Cheers…
ps:Firebird is ready and it’s used for Enterprise systems (replacing mysql , mssql , or oracle)
I quote the article :
In the last post, we have already figure out how to connect to the firebird database in Linux/UNIX environment. In this post, I will use application built in Qt framework to connect the firebird database and do simply task.
To allowing Qt applications connect to the firebird database, we need some tools, here I introduce the IBPP project.
Here is the article on howto Connect and Install Firebird 2.5 in Ubuntu from tar.gz and also howto connect to it with Flamerobin GUI
The introductory document “Get to know Firebird in 2 minutes” was translated to Arabic by Khaled Shagrouni! You can find it here.