A stable release of the PEAR::MDB2 Firebird/Interbase driver has been released on the official package home: MDB2_Driver_ibase.
PEAR::MDB2 is a merge of the PEAR::DB and Metabase PHP database abstraction layers.
A new tutorial explaining how to configure PHP and Firebird to work together on Windows is available here: Firebird + PHP on windows, a quick tutorial
The 2006 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards.… time to vote for your favourite database.
Also, open source database provider MySQL on Monday announced it has joined Eclipse as an Add-in Provider member. MySQL plans to contribute to the Eclipse Data Tools Platform project and collaborate with Zend Technologies and others on the proposed Eclipse PHP IDE project.
Source for news infoworld
FirebirdClient 2.0 Release Candidate 1 for Microsoft.NET 2.0 is available for download.
This version only bug fixes will be allowed on v2.0 sources.
Download information can be found here.
Release Candidate 1 ( 2006-03-20 )
(Please read changelog for details)
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed bug #1453414
- Fixed ViewColumns schema definitions
- Changes to try to avoid problems with IPV6
- Fixed bug in Foreign Key schema.
- Fixed bug in Guid datatype handling.
- Fixed bug when working with .NET Compact Framework
- Changes on server response handling to try to handle
server/user exceptions when fetching data.
- Moved classes in FirebirdSql.Data.StoredProcedureEngine to
- New Features:
- Added initial support for EXECURE PROCEDURE commands in
- Added new Connection String parameter “Context Connection” to be used
with .NET stored procedure implementations for Fyracle.
- Added new UTF8 ( Firebird 2.0 only ) character set.
« Hide it
A preview of the new board is now available at http://dnfbb.fbtalk.net/, you will need to register to see more details.
although this is an early beta, any feedback (within the dnfbb forum) is welcome.
[ED:You might notice a short delay when receiving your signup email, or password reminder requests.Here is why]
dnfBB is a powerful and fast 3 Tier, C# / .Net discussion board or forum. With native support for multiple forums within the same database structure. Initially designed to work with Firebird and MySQL, with support for additonal RDBMSs in the future.
« Hide it
After reading a post in the Firebird forum at Devshed I immediately put up a small example about writing a trigger (and also upgraded my favourite tool, Flamerobin, to the latest version) , here it goes [ED:tutorial written by pabloj]
For those of you data hounds out there that use open source databases.
May I suggest the excellent Firebird, coupled with IBexpert, as opposed to mySQL.
I have found it a heck of a lot easier to design and implement stored procedures. It is open source and rock solid.
That is J. J. Walter’s opinion about firebird , expressed in his blog.
Meik “Acyd Burn” Sievertsen, phpBB’s Development Team Leader has just announced that the bug tracker for phpBB3 née Olympus is now open
Though developed using MySQL, the wonders of a DBAL means phpBB Olympus already supports a wide number of databases:
* Firebird (firebird) – Firebird 1.5+/Interbase 7.1+
* MSSQL (mssql) – MSSQL 2000+
* MSSQL through ODBC (mssql_odbc) – MSSQL 2000+
* MySQL (mysql) – MySQL 3.23+/4.0+/4.1+
* MySQL4 (mysql4) – MySQL 4.0+/4.1+/5.0+
* MySQLi (mysqli) – MySQL 4.1+/5.0+
* Oracle (oracle)
* PostgreSQL (postgres) – PostgreSQL 7.3+
* SQLite (sqlite)
« Hide it