IBProvider for Firebird and Interbase has been released.
Changes in IBProvider v2 (build 2.6.06.2688)
- Addition of UTF-8 charset support
- Loading of charset information for COLUMN and PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS metadata schemes from system tables.
Changes in IBProvider v3 (build 18.104.22.16827 RC3)
New IBProvider v3 offers the brand new method for working with text data charsets:
- We added ctype_user property that allows setting the encoding of data coming to client irrespective of the encoding in which this data is coming from database server.
- New algorithms of BLOB fields converting provide for quick work with flowing data, optimization of interaction with ICU library.
- We added ctype_none property that allows setting the charset for working with text data in NONE encoding.
- Other important changes.
- Support of Firebird and Interbase charsets aliases.
See detailed information on working with new character set processor in Firebird and Interbase character sets.
Text columns size in Firebird 2.X
IBProvider started to control text columns size when working with Firebird 2 servers in Unicode mode. If the length of loaded data exceeds the text column size the exclusion will be generated.