IBSurgeon is happy to announce the new release of HQbird – advanced Firebird distribution for enterprises, with the following features: native (high-performance and transactions friendly) master-slave replication, improved performance, advanced performance monitoring, automated backups, proper maintenance.
HQbird is 100% compatible with Firebird, it does not require backup/restore to move between HQbird and community Firebird.
This release includes many new features and improvements:
Advanced support of DDL during the replication
- Automatic configuration:
- operative and archive logs are created and registered automatically in replication configuration and Cloud Backup jobs
- Windows installer has the option to install a replica with pre-configured database instance.
- Improved automatic database re-initialization
- The Pool of Execute On External connections now is available in Firebird 3.0 (as it was in 2.5) which included to HQbird – greatly increases stability and speed of Execute On External statements. The pool can be reviewed and controlled by SQL commands
- New monitoring options:
- Performance Summary to see cumulative reads/writes/fetches and SQL Ping to monitor database response
- Detailed information about all temporary files in Firebird
- Indices statistics job now recalculates all indices in AUTO mode (recommended to set it to run once per week)
- Automatic upgrade now is also in Linux installer, as it was in Windows – if you already had HQbird installed, Linux installer will update it correctly without reinstallation
- New context variable indicating is it master or replica RDB$GET_CONTEXT(‘SYSTEM’, ‘REPLICA’)
- Fixes in the interface: icons, sorting order of graphs, etc
Download HQbird 2018 R3 and upgrade your existing version!
If you have a valid Firebird Support Service agreement or active Maintenance subscription, our technicians will contact you to perform the upgrade.
Please note that all licenses are compatible with HQbird 2017 and HQbird 2018.
Also, If you already tried HQbird and need a new trial – please send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org