RAD Studio 10.3 support for FB 3
RAD Studio 10.3 (Rio) was released today, and includes updated FireDac components with official support to Firebird 3. Check all the new features here.
Improvements for Firebird
- Support for Firebird v 3.0, including new:
- local connection protocol.
- FB$OUT package.
- isc_database_info() information items.
- Statistics feature in gbak output.
- Support for statement length > 64Kb.
- New TFDFBOnlineValidate component.
- New GUIDEndian=Little|Big connection parameters.
We are using C++ Builder XE8 with Firedac components. Its not clear whether Firebird can be used from older IDEs ? Are the changes mentioned essential for support FB 3.0 ?
I think you will not have problems since FB 3 supports the legacy API, but won’t be able to use the new features introduced in the driver version that comes in Rio.