Debian packages for the official Firebird 2.5.0 release are available. Because Debian is in a “freeze”, preparing for its stable release, these were uploaded to the experimental distribution.
I have uploaded packages of Firebird from the
R2_5_0 tag in SVN to Debian/experimental. No guarantees these will match the official release, but may be worth a try for those who want to live on the edge.
Short guide of installing packages from the experimental branch is available here.
Debian users are encouraged to help proof-testing the newly packaged firebird 2.0.
Please help improving the packages by reporting bugs to email@example.com and/or Jabber ID firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian packages repository:
deb ftp://ftp.modsoftsys.net/public experimental main
deb-src ftp://ftp.modsoftsys.net/public experimental main
(source package name is
The Release files are signed with my PGP key.
Binary packages for
amd64 architectures are available. Users or
mipsel architectures are encouraged to get the source package and build binary packages themselves. If you need assistance, ask me on the above email/JabberID.
To test super-server install
For classic-server get
Note: These packages conflict with any previous debian packages of firebird (firebird2-*) so you may want to remove them first.
Please be careful not to convert your existing databases. Make backups.
(debian packages maintainer, looking for co-maintainers)
Source and binary packages for Windows (setup.exe and .zip) and GNU/Linux (gtk1 and gtk2 for Slackware) are available for download. Packages for MacOSX, Debian/Ubuntu, Mandriva, Gentoo and FreeBSD are either done, or on their way soon.
- Logging changes to database table (so far only logging to textual files was available)
- Finally, FlameRobin is 100% compatible with Firebird 2.0
Enhancements and Bug fixes
- Improved parsing of committed statements
- Fixed bug #1591149 when reserved XML characters were used in database properties
- Fixed bug #1582935 with drag and drop query building
- Setting to clear log when executing is now respected
- Added META tag to exported HTML data: set to UTF-8 encoding
- Fixed invalid columns when fetching data fails
- Autocompletion now works properly with quoted identifiers
- Fixed crash when loading of property page fails
- Fixed crash when automatic DDL commit was active
- Fixed ALTER VIEW script – triggers are now included
- Fixed DDL extraction for UNIQUE INDEX
- Fixed DDL extraction for NUMERIC(x, 0) types
- Fixed problem with selection becoming invisible on Linux/Gtk
- Main tree view now behaves consistently on both double-click and Enter pressed
- Fixed minor UI glitches
For known issues please see our bug tracker at: