IBSurgeon releases a new version of Firebird Encryption Plugin Framework: the set of source files and ready-to-use compiled binaries to implement database encryption for Firebird databases.
Main features of Firebird Encryption Plugin Framework (version 2021):
1. Support of Firebird 4.0 and Firebird 3.0 out of the box, on Windows 32bit/64bit and Linux 32bit/64bit. The new version is ready to use with Firebird 4.0 without recompilation (but databases must be migrated, of course)
2. Client-side KeyHolder support. Now, fbclient.dll can load keys from KeyHolder.conf on the client-side, it allows the transparent and safe connection of developer tools, Firebird command-line tools. and other applications without key exchange support.
3. Included low-level tool for decryption of databases in case of corruption and (new in v2021) license of FirstAID recovery tool for 10 databases.
4. Gbak.exe supports encrypted backup and restore.
5. Client application examples are available for Delphi, Lazarus, PHP, .Net, Java, etc.
6. Now 2 licenses are available:
a) Unlimited license with sources, it includes upgrades for all minor releases of Firebird 4.0.x – USD$1999 (EUR 1655)
b) Unlimited license with sources and implementation consulting for 1 application, includes upgrades for all minor releases of Firebird 4.0.x – USD$2499(EUR 2055)
All existing customers of Firebird Encryption Framework Unlimited License will receive this major upgrade for free!
Download the demo version of Firebird Encryption to try it with your application!
Firebird 3.0.x Android 64bit builds are available.
MWA Software is pleased to announce the release of version 2.4.0 of IBX for Lazarus. This version supports the new Firebird 4 data types and has been tested with the latest version of lazarus (2.0.12) and FPC (3.2.0). All users are recommended to upgrade to this version. It is available for download from
The new Firebird data types supported are: TIME WITH TIME ZONE, TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE, INT128, DECFLOAT and extended precision NUMERIC fields. Due to recent changes to the Firebird 4 API, no version of Firebird 4 less than Firebird 4 rc1 is supported.
See the updated user guide for more information on how to use these new data types.
A major addition to IBX 2.4.0 for lazarus is the inclusion of a comprehensive testsuite. This is not included in the distribution archives, but can be downloaded from our svn repository (https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/svn-repository).
The testsuite is intended to provide a set of tests with a pass/fail result determined by a simple inspection of the “diff” file. It uses the same approach as the existing testsuite for the Firebird Pascal API, also bundled in with IBX for Lazarus.
The testsuite comprises 28 separate tests, testing 230 identified features present in the IBX non-visual components. It is intended to provide comprehensive test coverage of all test features in order to demonstrate a high degree of confidence that the software performs as expected and when run on different platforms (32 bit and 64 bit, Linux and Windows) and with different versions of the Firebird database (2.5, 3 and 4). It also supports regression testing. See doc/TestCoverage.pdf for a list of tests and test features and which test covers which test features. The file ibx/testsuite/readme.txt contains information on how to run the test suite.
Version 2.4.0 has been tested using the testsuite for Firebird 2.5.9, Firebird 3.0.5 and Firebird 4 rc1 in various combinations of 32-bit and 64-bit Linux and Windows platforms, and with recent versions of FPC.