Only for Brazilians and Portuguese speakers…
Está no ar o site do 17º Firebird Developers Day, que dessa vez excepcionalmente será realizado on-line, de 21 a 25 de setembro, uma palestra por noite.
Essa é uma edição “best of“, ou seja, o tema das palestras foi definido por votação dos melhores temas das edições anteriores. As palestras serão ao vivo, com direito à perguntas e respostas.
A inscrição é apenas R$ 50, e todos os inscritos ganharão uma cópia do eBook Guia de Migração para o Firebird 3! Fora isso, poderão também aproveitar as promoções dos patrocinadores, além de participar do tradicional sorteio de licenças.
Visite o site do evento e faça sua inscrição para aproveitar o preço promocional. O download do ebook é liberado assim que o pagamento é reportado pelo banco (dentro de 48h).
Ajude a divulgar o evento compartilhando essa publicação em grupos de bancos de dados e de programação.
New Flamerobin snapshot available.
Increased Firebird 3 compatibility and a new dependency interface.
Take a look, test and comment.
Planning to move to Firebird 3 and still didn’t buy the Migration Guide to Firebird 3?
Here is your chance to buy the eBook with USD 5 discount, so the final price will be USD 11! The promotion is valid only for the eBook version (PDF) and will be active up to Aug, 21.
Hurry up, save some money and many hours of headache during your migration process!
Enter the coupon code FB3OFF5 in the order form to get your discount!
Obs: Most of the information in this guide can also be applied when moving to Firebird 4.
Rust Firebird Client that Binds to official firebird client lib
The aim of these examples is to copy as closely as possible the equivalent C++ examples. The primary intention is to demonstrate how to make calls to the new Firebird OO API. For this reason they should not be considered examples of best practice.
Another alternative is MWA Software’s Firebird Pascal Interface https://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/fb-pascal-api
New version of RedExpert 2020.08 has been released.
The main changes:
- the launch of the program and the search for Java have been completely redesigned. Now if Java is not found, it is suggested to specify the path manually or download Java automatically;
- fixed display of system objects (generators, domains and functions that are not defined by the user are not displayed in the main nodes);
- fixed execution of the script containing “execute block”;
- fixed editing procedure with declare variables block;
- removed the type of object while copying the name;
- fixed display of tables if “RDB $ RELATION_TYPE IS NULL”;
- fixed bugs with autoincrement while creating and editing tables;
- other minor fixes.
Download and install the new version.
Jaybird 4.0.1 has been released. Jaybird 4.0.1 is the first maintenance release of Jaybird 4, and introduces support for INT128 (a new type in Firebird 4), improves support for the Firebird 4 WITH TIME ZONE types by adding support for java.time.ZonedDateTime and making some of the derivation rules more consistent with Firebird. It also provides some bug fixes and other changes.
The following has been changed or fixed since Jaybird 4.0.0
- Fixed: Changes to the transaction configuration (transaction parameter buffer configuration) of one connection are no longer propagated to other connections with the same connection properties (JDBC-386)
- Fixed: Search index of Javadoc in Java 11 version used incorrect links (JDBC-619)
- Fixed: The cleanup of native resources didn’t dispose the native library held by JNA, as a change in implementation no longer allowed directly access to the JNA NativeLibrary (JDBC-620)
- Fixed: When updating a row through an updatable result set, selected but not updated blob fields were set to NULL (JDBC-623)
- Added: Support for type INT128 (reported as JDBC type NUMERIC) (JDBC-624)
See also Firebird 4 INT128 support.
- Added: A static utility method FBDriver.normalizeProperties which, given a JDBC url and a Properties object, returns a Map<String, String> containing the merged properties normalized to common property name. (JDBC-627)
- Fixed: Use of isc_dpb_no_db_triggers no longer logs a warning (JDBC-628)
- Incompatible change: While making changes to time zone support, the API of org.firebirdsql.gds.ng.tz.TimeZoneDatatypeCoder was made almost entirely private. This should not affect normal user code.
Although we try to avoid these types of incompatible changes in point releases, we explicitly allow them for the org.firebirdsql.gds.ng package and sub-packages.
- Changed: conversions from TIME WITH TIME ZONE now use 2020-01-01 as base date for named zones (JDBC-629)
- New feature: Added support for java.time.ZonedDateTime for the WITH TIME ZONE types (JDBC-630)
- Fixed: Connection.setNetworkTimeout incorrectly used the provided Executor to set the timeout (JDBC-631)
Jaybird 4 supports Firebird 2.5 and higher, on Java 7, 8, 11 and 14 (using the Java 11 version of the driver).